AMA Ask a TBT Moderator

1) What was the bet?
2) Do staff have any certain guidelines they must follow?
3) Opinion on me?
4) Favorite snack?
5) Could you tell us something about Justin that he doesn't want us to know?
6) No question, just a thank you for being a wonderful staff.

*busts through door*
TELL ME YOUR GHOST STORIESS

also, do you prefer cake or pastry?

Have you played every Cooking Mama game?

What is your favorite Cooking Mama game?

What is your favorite recipe in a Cooking Mama game?

How many hours of sleep do you get on average?

Out of all the games you hosted in the TBTWC, which one would you say you're the best at?

e: What is your opinion of AMA threads?

Last edited:
Do you like being a mod?
how close are you with the other mods?
What is a typical day in the life of a TBT mod?

and now for more Vris-related questions…

what’s your favourite animal?
Favourite game of all time?
What makes you happy? 😊

1) What was the bet?
2) Do staff have any certain guidelines they must follow?
3) Opinion on me?
4) Favorite snack?
5) Could you tell us something about Justin that he doesn't want us to know?
6) No question, just a thank you for being a wonderful staff.

1) That's a secret.
2) Of course. We must set a good example by following rules, not encouraging spam or low quality posts, and we have certain regulations we must follow concerning collectable trades.
3) n/a
4) I don't really snack. On the rare occasion I do then maybe Pringles.
5) I could but I won't. It'd be disrespectful.
6) 🖤

*busts through door*
TELL ME YOUR GHOST STORIESS

also, do you prefer cake or pastry?

I unfortunately do not have any ghost stories! I wish I did.

I'm not a sweets person. I generally dislike pastry so I guess cake wins by default.

Hey Vris! My question is:

How are you so awesome to help bring us sooo many events in the last year, while still having a work/normal life as well? :)

I'm one of those people who need to constantly be engaged in a project. If my mind isn't occupied by something then I feel lost. I have multiple volunteer jobs outside of work and TBT responsibilities for this very reason.

Have you played every Cooking Mama game?

What is your favorite Cooking Mama game?

What is your favorite recipe in a Cooking Mama game?

How many hours of sleep do you get on average?

Out of all the games you hosted in the TBTWC, which one would you say you're the best at?

1) I have not.
2) I'm going to go with the newest one, Cooking Mama: Cookstar, because it's the only one I actively play anymore. However I don't really have much of an opinion. They all blend together in my mind.
3) Rainbow Grilled Cheese is iconic.
4) I often don't sleep more than two hours at a time. Tiny bladder and my brain never shuts up. I don't recommend it. I try to get 6hrs a night but it doesn't always happen. I wake-up in the night and often make the mistake of looking at my phone and getting distracted.
5) Good question. Probably Mario Kart 8. I'm actually decent at that game when I focus on it - I've beaten all the time trials. During the TBTWC I would make silly mistakes in games because my focus was more on moderating the chat, maintaining the stream, and just generally making sure everything was going okay. I tend to do better when I'm not streaming for this reason.

Do you like being a mod?
how close are you with the other mods?
What is a typical day in the life of a TBT mod?

and now for more Vris-related questions…

what’s your favourite animal?
Favourite game of all time?
What makes you happy? 😊
1) I've been staff on here since July 2014, and I'm still here, so I suppose I must like it! It's not something I consciously think too much about.
2) I get on pretty well with the other staff. A couple of weeks ago dizzy bone, LaBelleFleur, Mairmalade, pandapples, and I spent a couple of hours on voice chat running various games in prep for TBTWC and it was super enjoyable.
3) Wake-up > load TBT > look at reports > cry.
4) I like sharks and big cats. I've donated money every month for several years now towards snow leopard conservation in the Himalayas.
5) Final Fantasy X or XIV.
6) So many things. I'm a generally happy person. My ideal way to spend time is sitting with someone (whether one-on-one or as a group) and talking over a drink or a meal. When I'm alone I'd say video games and writing makes me happiest.

is it too personal to ask what your job is irl? and/or how you got into it? maybe what you do in an average day? not who you work for or anything confidential, just job role/title. i remember you mentioning that you work from home, and as someone with terrible anxiety, it's something i've been interested in so i'm just curious. totally okay if you're not comfortable saying anything though!

e: What is your opinion of AMA threads?
I'd say you missed this question, but tbf I did edit it in well after since I didn't want to make a new post, so that's my fault.

Since I don't feel like asking just that question, uhh, how many times have you fought other people online in Smash Ultimate?

Who is (or would be) your go-to character in Smash Ultimate?

Which video game character do you most relate to?

Are you married? For months I thought you were married but now I'm thinking I'm remembering things wrong. Unless this is too person to ask!

I unfortunately do not have any ghost stories! I wish I did.

I'm not a sweets person. I generally dislike pastry so I guess cake wins by default.
That's a shame, I hope you get some ghostly encounters some day (the 'good story' kind, not the horror movie, 'the ghosts are actively dismantling my house and throwing me about the place' kind.)

As a follow up, though - do you enjoy horror films/games? what are some titles that you like?

I recall reading you're a published author so uh.

Writing tips? I have an idea for a novel but I don't know where to start.

Also should I worry about writing something too niche? I feel the premise I've thought out would be way too specific to ever spark interest. And then I lose motivation to work on it when I think about it getting lost in the void. 💀

1. How often do you log onto the forums and for how long?
2. On average, how many reports do you get each day? (I have a feeling you can't disclose this information so I'm fine with it if you don't answer it at all.)
3. How are you able to manage your time well, especially during the TBTWC event?
4. Your favourite video game franchise of all time?
5. How did you first discover TBT?

1. what was the first game you ever played
2. muscular froggy chair or beefcake boo?
3. following the muscles question, thoughts on this beefcake?
beefcake_mama.png

4. should i change the hair colour of the above to match the cooking vrisnem edits

Hi :).

Seeing you like FFX (it’s my favorite game too 😊)
1. Who is your favorite character?
2. Have you ever played X-2 and if so how do you feel about the game?

Other question:
3. Who was your favorite villager before Goose became your favorite?

4. Just wanted to tell you thank you for being so nice to me :).

Last edited:
Since we've established that the first song you beat on guitar hero on expert was Miss Murder (great song, I went and learnt to beat it after that thread) from years ago, I have this question for you...

what was the second song you beat on expert

Why is Lay Down so fun to play and just rock out to?

Back