• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Art Programs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, my question is about my model, specifically. Sorry for not clarifying further. You see, when I got the Yinova MSP19U, it specifically stated that the tablet does not work with Paint Tool SAI. Fire Alpaca didn't even exist (or at least I didn't know of it yet) when I bought my tablet monitor about two years ago. Since FA is similar to SAI, I want to find out in advance if it would even run on my specific model or not.

But thanks for the info, nonetheless!

yeah... I know cx It works with Yinova MSP19U!

Anyone hear of a program called Krita? I've been meaning to actually try it, but I've heard it's a decent program for drawing. I forget if it works on Mac, but it definitely does work on Windows.

firealpaca helped meh! I have a touchscreen laptop and this is nwo my offical new program to use when drawing

Does anyone know of any simple 3D model creation tools? Sculptris was good, but you could only work with a circular mesh and had to highly modify it to make it anything but, and there seemed to be a very low polygon limit.

I use firealpaca and have been for like 2 years now!
I have trouble finding brushes i like for it though :c

Gimp
Has vectors and is free
gimp28.png
My favorite of all the time. Very simple to use, available on every operating system. Another cool feature is that you can write plugins if you know how to program in Python. It's open source and 100% free.

Guys I really need a help anyway I'm looking for Photoshop CS 6 my program got rekt because of moving the files to local disk D so anyway it's really hard to look for crack version of CS6 send me a copy thanks! Oh yeah mine is 32 bit if theres 64 bit then send me both.

I use this app called "procreate" on my iPad
It's not horrible
It has layer options, and modes. Selection tools and much of the things other art programs have

The only thing it lacks is a watertool/ blending tool. All it has is a smudge tool which sucks.

If anyone is looking for an art program for mac, I want to reccommend Manga studio pro. It's on sale for $15 (rather than the original price of $50) and is really, really good. I used to use SAI (until I got my new computer) and I've tried a bunch of art programs but I think manga studio is definitely one of the better ones for Mac (and it's way cheaper than PS).

Last edited:
Medibang Paint is a relatively new one as far as I know, but it's really great (both on desktop and as an app).

I'm just gonna throw this out there that MS paint can be a good program if you have nothing else. Using the "Marker" brush, it's easy to make line-less art that looks quite decent. It's a decent program draw pixel art too, in fact, that's what I used to make my signature. It's also fun to doodle in with a tablet using a large canvas and the largest size of the "Brush" brush.

Other than that I just use Paint tool SAI since it works well with the tablet I have.

I'm currently using SketchPad for iPad to do my commissions...I might upgrade to Pro :D

I also got SAI for Mac, but I can't get the hang of my tablet for some reason ;-;

Last edited:
Cool! You should check out medibang,the same developers of firealpaca made it. It's basically an updated version of firealpaca. It's main difference to me is that it can be used on most devices (even on androids). I really like the cloud too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back