Are you scared of tarantulas?

The first time I saw something move while running on the pathway to sell island bugs. It didn't attack me because I didn't have a net.
Looked up what it was and found out about the tarantula and scorpions. The first time I saw one I freaked out and ran the other way. Surprised that they can walk across a bridge that is flat.

Once I figured out how to catch them I was fine. Yes my heart was racing when I caught my first ones for each player. That was from excitement. Now I just walk pass them and let them be. After 7pm the net stays in my pocket until I need it.

sadly yes, lmao, since it is the time for both scorpions and tarantulas, i keep telling myself that if i see one im going to catch one, just for my encyclopedia and for my museum, but i literally have a mini heart attack when i see one.
they always suicide into the river, so i've never been bit//stung, but if i dont catch one i'll have to wait until next summer... ._.

They just make me nervous because they just appear when I least expect them. I purposely made bare spots but they like to appear on my tiny paths and hybrids.

In real life, I love them :D They are super adorable and very friendly to handle. In Animal Crossing however, they are absolutely terrifying. The knowledge that they can knock my character out, mixed with the fact that they are super rare and I still need to catch one causes me to freak out so much.
How I feel about then too

i personally love them, in fact i have my own irl- shes a cutie, however in the game they kind of exite me to where i get too shaky to catch the darn thing

Sadly, I'm a total arachnophobe, so they scare the heck out of me. Especially since my first experience was getting stung by the scorpion while trying to catch a grasshopper. T_T It was even scarier than the first time I encountered a beehive while shaking trees!

When I caught mine, I tried to make the image of it go away by tapping the screen, I just have a thing against spiders in general.

I was terrified of them until I caught one, and also since i realised that they won't attack if you don't have your net out / aren't running

They don't really scare me in game anymore, they're more of a nuisance since I'll be walking around at night and wont see them and get transported back to my front door. They would make me anxious before I had caught one for the museum, because I was afraid to miss :D

Back