• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Are you consuming or avoiding acnh info?

I feel like I spoiled a lot for myself on New Leaf. I read a lot online about it before I played and knew what shops there were and how to unlock each one, what different characters would be included, had heard about the mayor system, etc. With New Horizons, I kind of want to go in blind and learn all that as I play the game. I've already spoiled myself on the museum a bit, though it sounds like there's a lot more to uncover.

I think that was a downside of New Leaf. Outside of Japan got it way later than Japan did. Everything was known by the time the game was released.

The upside for New Horizons is that, if you get the game on release day or fairly quickly afterward, then only Nintendo will know everything. The rest of us will still be discovering things. And because of the way they're doing the updates over time, even people who TT forward won't know everything.

So it'll be impossible to be spoiled on everything for New Horizons in the same way as New Leaf... unless you don't buy New Horizons for a few years after release (or whenever they stop doing the updates).

Interestingly enough, the info we’ve seen has been stuff we’ve known already (except pax east) so I’m in the middle of not wanting too much, but want to be aware

I think consumerism is built inside of me. As much as I’d like to stop thinking about ACNH I just can’t. I’m literally on twitter/Reddit/YouTube looking for new info all the time haha. I’m so excited for March 13th when the US folks get their switch to see all the photos, and since I won’t be getting my game until the morning of the 20th I’ll definitely be checking for videos or pictures of the game before I get it!! I really don’t mind spoilers.

I'm somewhat in the middle now where I'm not actively avoiding or looking for more NH news. Pretty satisfied with what information we got from the Direct and love seeing new features pop up in this board, but I also really enjoyed the feeling of exploring everything for myself in NL, so I want to keep a few surprises. Although, I'm sure even if I consumed all the information available on NH so far, there will still be lots of new features and fun details to look forward to in the game!

Consuming !
Spoilers don't harm me, so I'm happy whenever theres more info from the game ~

I don't wanna see anything about seasonal events (tourney details are okay!) or things like store upgrades -- but I looove seeing all the new furniture and clothing items! It gives my inspiration for things I'd like to somehow implement on my island.

My spoiler loving self is looking at everything I can! I'll probably get hate for this, but I have my fingers crossed for a Pokemon style leak/data mine of the game before it's release too! I mean it when I say I want to know E V E R Y T H I N G ! ! !

My spoiler loving self is looking at everything I can! I'll probably get hate for this, but I have my fingers crossed for a Pokemon style leak/data mine of the game before it's release too! I mean it when I say I want to know E V E R Y T H I N G ! ! !

Oh I agree, a datamine I would LOVE. Maybe someone will sell the game early again. It's two weeks before release, I am sure someone will have it soon.

I think I mentioned on some other thread I was avoiding it because I didn't want to "spoil" it for myself, but as we get closer and closer to the release date I've lost some self control and "accidentally" read a few articles about new features...

Told myself to avoid...but I see animal crossing and I click. I can't deny animal crossing.

I've been watching several vids like those from BitBlock and JammerProHD and Crossing Channel. It's helping me formulate how I want my island and character to be.

I’m consuming info, within reason. AC isn’t really a series where I worry about spoilers, and it’s also one where I like to plan ahead to maximize my experience somewhat (or at least to know what major mistakes to avoid).

I had a great time without knowing things in my first GCN town, but I don’t think I could recreate that experience, mainly thanks to being older and having more exposure to the series and its norms than I did with my first game.

I'll do both. I have watched some videos to know what's going on, but not too much either because I want also to experience most of the game myself. So I have been watching only couple of videos and in certain parts also been skipping so they wouldn't show too much! :blush:

Definitely scouring the internet for whatever information I can find. It?s weird, but I never even considered that type of info in terms of spoilers?I can see how it would be to others though.

Mainly I just want to find out things that?ll help me start the game with enough knowledge to make the best decisions for my long term plans (knowing what the options for terraforming and landscaping are so that I have an idea of what to look for in a map, for example)

Everything else is just a way to pass time and engage with the game until I can finally play it :3

I'm consuming new information/videos/photos as they come to me, but I'm not like doing some super investigative work for any potential new info like I might with other games. Animal Crossing is a relaxing experience for me, and I don't mind "spoilers" (although I hesitate to call anything that's been released so far that since it looks like we'll get to access all of this stuff pretty early on) as they pop up on social media.

I actually haven?t read much about it, admittedly. Some of the things people are talking about will come as pleasant surprises to me.

I am trying to avoid it but at the same time I feel like I'm missing the hype train- So, I'm spoiling myself with little things but big changes and additions I'm saving to experience myself.

Back