• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Anyone getting the Wii U?

Maybe sometime after launch and they decided they haven't messed up big time like they did with the 3DS. Wii U, just like the 3DS, still looks to much like prototype tech.

Yes I'm getting it eventually. I'll just wait until more games are released and when money isn't a big problem.

So I decided to get it when GOOD games actually come and price drops.

I might buy Wild World instead, to rev up for JO

Probably not. My Wii has been sitting in the same spot for I don't know how many years and it was hardly ever played.

I might if any good games come out for it, but I honestly just don't see that happening.

Probably not. My Wii has been sitting in the same spot for I don't know how many years and it was hardly ever played.

I might if any good games come out for it, but I honestly just don't see that happening.

In my mind, I kinda see a bad future for the Wii U.

IMO its way different from .... you know- Nintendo. I don't think it will be a good selling system.

I'll buy it and tell my opinion on it.

It's Nintendo, it's ALWAYS going to have a bad future compared to the other gaming industries.

Their crazy obsession with creating unique gaming experiences has cost them already, but I guess they figure something a little bit closer to a controller using console is going to help. I dunno. They needed to give up on the Wii nonsense and gone back to where they left off with on the Gamecube. Maybe in the next six years they'll have learned from their mistakes. >.>

Edit: Before any Nintendo-crazy fans attack me, I'm aware of the sales, I know all of the details. The Wii cost them in players, it was a boring console, nobody wanted to wave their arms around to play.

It's Nintendo, it's ALWAYS going to have a bad future compared to the other gaming industries.

Their crazy obsession with creating unique gaming experiences has cost them already, but I guess they figure something a little bit closer to a controller using console is going to help. I dunno. They needed to give up on the Wii nonsense and gone back to where they left off with on the Gamecube. Maybe in the next six years they'll have learned from their mistakes. >.>

Edit: Before any Nintendo-crazy fans attack me, I'm aware of the sales, I know all of the details. The Wii cost them in players, it was a boring console, nobody wanted to wave their arms around to play.

Agreed. I loved how on the Cube, you plug in a controller and you're playing. Nowadays, its crazy.

I HOPE they learn their lesson. They need to go back on the classic days. The only changing-Nintendo system was the 64 and 3DS.

The 3DS really isn't new either. I mean.. they only added a 3 to the name.
But the DS systems were nice, and I have no gripe against them.

As much as I've seen on the Wii U, it doesn't look like something I'll be getting.
The classic Nintendo days were the NES and SNES, but the 64 really was a step up from the SNES.

The 3DS really isn't new either. I mean.. they only added a 3 to the name.
But the DS systems were nice, and I have no gripe against them.

As much as I've seen on the Wii U, it doesn't look like something I'll be getting.
The classic Nintendo days were the NES and SNES, but the 64 really was a step up from the SNES.

I'll probably wait after a price drop and see if any actual GOOD games they have (for me, of looks, the Panorama View looks the worst.). Probably will get WW to play or maybe Paper Mario xD

At first, no. However, that was until I realized that it would pretty much be replacing the Wii. I didn't know that it was a whole new console, I thought it was like an iPad, but for gaming. I thought it was just a portable tablet thingy so you could play mario on the toilet, lol.

However, when I actually saw that it came with a console box machine thing I was like, 'Oh.'. That's when I realized what the hype was about, this was the new Wii, basically. It's kinda sad, really. I guess nintendo are just going to make Wii U games now, not just Wii. Now that I'm older, I'm going to try and keep my Wii nice and try and protect all my games, so that in the future, this will be the N64 or the Gamecube that no one really has. I wish I did this with my playstation 1 and my gameboy color and advance. (Yeah, I never got a gamecube. How much do I suck?)

Hopefully, I'll either get it for christmas if the price isn't too crazy or maybe the year after. So far, the only games I'm looking forward to are new super mario brothers U and pikmin 3. I might get nintendo land, but it seems like it might be a bit boring after a while, and it looks mostly like a party game. I just really want a mario kart or mario galaxy, they're really good quality games.

Wow, did I just write that much? o.o

I definitely won't.

Nintendo doesn't interest me as a console set anymore. I bought a Wii and dang I haven't properly touched it in ages, it feels like I wasted money on it considering I bought a PS2 and played it for 10 years. I am just gunna stick with Microsoft products (PC/Xbox) since they are the best bet for everything which is needed in a gaming console.

EDIT:// Plus the console series now just seems to be innovation for the sake of it. They're madly pushing out products to try and get consumers. It's likely in a few years a ''new wii'' will be announced and we'll all feel duped. I remember when the DSi was a big thing then BAM the 3DS came out. It's just not worth keeping up with now.

Last edited:
At first, no. However, that was until I realized that it would pretty much be replacing the Wii. I didn't know that it was a whole new console, I thought it was like an iPad, but for gaming. I thought it was just a portable tablet thingy so you could play mario on the toilet, lol.

However, when I actually saw that it came with a console box machine thing I was like, 'Oh.'. That's when I realized what the hype was about, this was the new Wii, basically. It's kinda sad, really. I guess nintendo are just going to make Wii U games now, not just Wii. Now that I'm older, I'm going to try and keep my Wii nice and try and protect all my games, so that in the future, this will be the N64 or the Gamecube that no one really has. I wish I did this with my playstation 1 and my gameboy color and advance. (Yeah, I never got a gamecube. How much do I suck?)

Hopefully, I'll either get it for christmas if the price isn't too crazy or maybe the year after. So far, the only games I'm looking forward to are new super mario brothers U and pikmin 3. I might get nintendo land, but it seems like it might be a bit boring after a while, and it looks mostly like a party game. I just really want a mario kart or mario galaxy, they're really good quality games.

Wow, did I just write that much? o.o

Yes, you did. XD
I am looking forward to buying it on Christmas to see how good it is. If I dont like it, I will tell you guys.

I definitely won't.

Nintendo doesn't interest me as a console set anymore. I bought a Wii and dang I haven't properly touched it in ages, it feels like I wasted money on it considering I bought a PS2 and played it for 10 years. I am just gunna stick with Microsoft products (PC/Xbox) since they are the best bet for everything which is needed in a gaming console.

EDIT:// Plus the console series now just seems to be innovation for the sake of it. They're madly pushing out products to try and get consumers. It's likely in a few years a ''new wii'' will be announced and we'll all feel duped. I remember when the DSi was a big thing then BAM the 3DS came out. It's just not worth keeping up with now.

I agree with you on this. However, the only reason that I'm honestly getting the Wii U is because of the games. I won't be able to play them on my Wii, just like I can't play 3DS games on my DS lite. It's really annoying...

(Luckily I never upgraded to a DSi... however the one thing I was jealous of was how you got to have rainbow pen on Picto Chat D: )

I will get it. The price determines how soon I get it. I'm trusting Nintendo after they said they wont make the same mistake with the Wii U as they did with the 3DS and give it a poor first year in games. I'm not too fussed about the gamepad, I have a bit of Marmite philosophy going on with it, but I do quite like the option to play the TV screen on the controller if someone uses the TV as I rarely get TV time to myself anymore anyway. But at most times I'll use the pro controller anyway.

I just hope they don't add in things to games for the sake of it. Like features in wii games making you shake when a button would have done just fine, or having things jump out of the screen at really inapropiate moments just to show off the 3D on the 3DS.

In terms of games, Pikmin 3 looks great, NSMBWU might be alright, we'll see. Zelda Wii U (Which is inevitible) will be a major reason for me having the console. Also hoping for the PS3 version of Okami HD to be ported onto it also, It really would work good with the gamepad.

EDIT: Also the main reason for me too is because the games aren't playable anywhere else.. and emulations will hardly replicate the wii u without making it a chore to play. I honestly wouldn't want Nintendo to develop for Microsoft or Sony at all. It just wouldn't work

Last edited:
I agree with you on this. However, the only reason that I'm honestly getting the Wii U is because of the games. I won't be able to play them on my Wii, just like I can't play 3DS games on my DS lite. It's really annoying...

It's called Nintendo being Money grabbers. IF they upgrade the system and make it so the 'new line' demands the new console the fanbase it has under it's large shirt goes out to buy it. It's why I intend to possibly wait to see if there really is a new Xbox coming up (in which case I will buy that as it's bound to last awhile) or get a 360

It's called Nintendo being Money grabbers. IF they upgrade the system and make it so the 'new line' demands the new console the fanbase it has under it's large shirt goes out to buy it. It's why I intend to possibly wait to see if there really is a new Xbox coming up (in which case I will buy that as it's bound to last awhile) or get a 360

Sad but true.

I'm not going to buy it instantly, but I will probably end up buying it. The features don't really appeal to me, but it isn't going to be long before they start launching games that I like.

Back