• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

anyone else NOT burned out?

I don't play as much as I used to when the game first released but I still visit my town for at least an hour every day. :3 The diving brought me back to playing a lot more and I'm hoping that the Dream Suite is coming in the second summer update cause I'll play so much more often when it does. I'm not burnt out, my interests have just shifted for a bit right now.

I'm not burnt out, but I do have other hobbies. I'm getting close to finally finishing knitting a brand new scarf for my husband. I'm trying to decide if I want to learn piano or not. And (sadly) cleaning takes up game time.
Hmmmm....I bet there are some cute AC patterns on Ravelry. I just hope some of them are knit and not crochet. :wanders off:

Not burned out yet, probably because I basically demolished all of my past projects and making a whole different theme xD I mostly play for about 10 hours a day, I have no life 😭 but sometimes I do take a break to probably watch some movies/tv shows lol

I’ve been playing it pretty much almost all day every day ever since i got the game (near the end of May as part of my birthday present), and I feel that I’m far from being burnt out. I stay up pretty late some nights playing the game because I’m having so much fun.

With that being said, I am feeling really impatient for more furniture to be released (and to meet gullivarr) since I am kinda stumped on how to make some of my areas look better with the furniture that I have and that’s available in the game right now. I’ve been postponing decorating my house for the same reason.

NOT EVEN REMOTELYYYYYYYYYYYYYY omfg. I don't get to play constantly what with like... working... *weakkkk* but now that I have so many more items and all, and I've seen so many more other islands, I have SO many more ideas!! I've been overhauling a TON of areas on my island :D I really REALLY love the decorating and rearranging aspects of AC though so things tend to take me A LONG time to get to where I want them and then I have 400 other ideas anyway and I start changing things again haha!

Nope, not yet! In fact, I'm still walking around my island getting ideas for how I could improve it. And the regular updates have been a big part of my not getting burnt out- I usually burn out a few months after a game is released, but if they keep releasing updates, my interest keeps getting reinvigorated!

That being said, I don't play it AS much as I used to. I still play other games. I still do other things. But... I also still have more time than usual to play video games right now, so I've played it every day since release... EXCEPT for one day when I was just playing the new Pokemon expansion 😂

I think "burned out" would suggest that I'm finished playing entirely. Which, I'm not...but, the amount of time that I spend playing has been reduced to a very small amount each day. Wake up and check the am price for turnips. Do some random tasks. Power off till later in the day. Check for the pm turnip price. Do some more random tasks. And, that's about it. I'm definitely not playing for hours on end...which is what I used to do.

Also, being completely unable to find the cicada shell has crushed me on a deep personal level. Lol.

Hot take: most of the people that are burned out are excessively time traveling or buying items from players who have been. If you got all the mermaid furniture on the first day, you're not gonna be excited to see Pascal every day. If you've already completed your art museum, Redd is kinda disappointing when you find him. Having every butterfly model from flick or every fish model from CJ has the same drawbacks. I haven't changed my system clock once and I'm still excited to boot the game up every morning.

The director of the game said it himself: the game will have more longevity if you play it the way it was meant to be played. I'm not here to tell people how to play or to call them cheaters or anything, but the game will last significantly longer if you don't touch the system clock. It's just a fact. I have so much pirate and mermaid furniture to collect, none of my museums are full yet because I've only been able to catch things up to July. With 500 hours down, I still don't even feel close to done: there's so much to collect and do. In my opinion, people who time travel rob themselves of the longevity that the animal crossing experience has. That's why people feel "burnt out". We just got an update 2 weeks ago and some people have already gotten everything from that update by abusing the system clock. I have one piece of pirate gear, and I'm anxiously awaiting my next piece.

Rant over. Play how you want to, but don't be surprised that the game doesn't have staying power if you cheat the game mechanics that give it that staying power in the first place.

No. 😅 I don't get to play as much as I'd like, so keeps me wanting. Still have tons to do on my island... the possibility of them adding the Dreamsuite has actually got me a bit anxious because I'd like to have it ready to show!

I won’t be burnt out for a long time because I’m just too lazy to develop my island. Every so often I’ll put together a small piece of it, but it’s usually too much of a hassle especially with flowers growing absolutely everywhere. I don’t think I’ll run out of things to do for awhile lol.

I’m not burned out at all. I’m still having a great time designing my island, decorating my house, anticipating the seasons and enjoying my islanders. There are days when I just “check in” and run the routines, and there are days when I get really into whatever project I have going and play for hours, and that’s totally okay with me.

I don't feel burned out at the moment. I'm still designing my island and putting everything together. I've been playing other games too so I won't get burned out

I am not burnt out. I still have alot of work to do on my island. I just learned how to make waterfalls lol.

I am 100% burned out, but that doesn’t mean I don’t keep playing the game every day for hours on end like the zombie I am. I literally told my friends that I was going on hiatus from the game, but then diving came out. 😫

I've been playing the game for at least an hour daily since it came out and I've somehow managed not to burn myself out, lol. I've definitely managed to slow down the rate at which I'm playing the game and doing various tasks as time has gone on, but I'm still doing my daily tasks and doing whatever might pop into my mind on any given day and I still want to keep playing the game daily for as long as I can.

Nope I still play this game a lot the updates keep on coming so that makes the game more fun

I’ve been a bit burned out before but no, not currently. Getting into terraforming more has helped a lot.
(Totally random but for some reason I started typing therapy instead of terraforming lol. I don’t go to therapy sooo dunno where that came from 😂)

I'm not burned out. I still do massive overhauls. It blanks out the canvas and you can start again. I think there are limitations in this game, but with a creative mind you can really stretch those limitations far and increase the longevity of this experience. And I'm not even that creative!

Back