• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Anyone else just want to create a new account so people don't see your posts from the new leaf days?

I've essentially been on this website for 7 years (mind the join date) and I must say I have changed a lot as a person. I can literally recall certain moments that I've had on here and they are less than impressive, and they can definitely be deemed cringey.

Although when I remember those moments I also recognise the fact I was a young person that had many personal struggles (facing the same troubles currently but with more years on my head and rationality) and have only recently started to evaluate everything and have turned a corner but starting to have a little more faith. The countless arguments and bitterness on this website, an Animal Crossing forum, is kinda shocking and I am not gonna do a U-turn and say that I was in the wrong everytime because I definitely wasn't due to the sheer amount of "not nice" people that I've conversed with on here; which is basically the same with any other place on the internet, that's just how it is. The manner that I had spoke in from time to time was naive and I could have definitely had stayed true to my self and not have gotten into unnecessary confrontation, it's just not in my real nature.

The only person I had let down in those days was myself, I'm better than that now. I have bigger things to worry about now and I've grown considerably. I've let go of any lingering grudge because at the end of the day, I'm simply unbothered and I just wanna play Animal Crossing.

I don't think anybody should kick themselves for being stupid or cringey in the past, only kick yourself if you were being a legitimately awful individual which I'm sure nobody here really was because if you're willing to recount your past and feel embarrassed by your past, it means you've grown. A bad person would never recognise a bad past because they're still bad in their present. So don't sweat the little things gang. :)

So no, I wouldn't make a new account. Ever.

I said a lot of regrettable stuff back in the day but I was going through something. Like other people have said, I really don’t think anyone is going to read stuff that old. If it wasn’t for the good experiences I’ve had on here though I’d definitely wanna jump ship on this account but there’s just too many memories.

I cringe at posts I’ve made only recently.
Last year I was working a really bad job, and some of the posts I made then were cringe-y because of all the pent-up anger I had inside. I don’t even want to go through my history...

i don't like the person i used to be on here at all. i'd never look back on my old posts so i doubt anyone else would, and besides, i think everyone is embarrassed of the person we used to be when we were younger. i'm kinda glad i embarrassed myself here instead of a bigger social platform, but i probably shouldn't've been given internet access at an age where i was completely unfamiliar with internet etiquette.

i do cringe with my 2015-2016 posts , however , i don’t care about it because if you really have to look through the old posts of someone , you actually need to get a life.

I actually like to have record of my "cringy" days just for reflection and nostalgia and maybe if I want to look back on some things and repost them to my other friends from TBT. I really learned to appreciate the booger days because I was on mariokartwii.com and the site was taken down by the owners without any warning so nothing was able to be archived, and we've lost everything we've ever had from the past decade+ and it's really disappointing.

Have fun now while you're still cringe because you have way less fun once you get woke and start cringing.

Back