• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Anyone else concerned about the cards?

You people are literally why I am concerned.

Exuse me XD I have the funds and wanted to have the 100 villagers which one is gets when buying a box of 50 packs!
And instead of being rude then perhaps think that many of us that have extra cards are going to either resell at cost price or host give aways or give the extra to friends and help the new stock to not oversell again.

I was concerned, but then I went and brought all the NPCs and villager cards I wanted {I ending up paying ?100 to get 50 cards including the npcs}

It's already been said you can't sell items worth real world currency for tbt anymore for anyone thinking we will have a trading section. However I plan to do free giveaways with cards I got in bundle's but don't want {for free}

It is annoying though, how some people seem to be a bit rude towards the people who have spent a lot of money on getting a lot of cards, some of us have saved and set aside funds for this

Another reason i feel Japan produced not enough cards is they did not predict so many people overseas buying the japanese cards instead of waiting when it released in their countries!

Cause i bought a box from amazon in japan just so i could get the japanese version instead of EU version :p
And i noticed several other people doing the same thing!

I doubt it. Imports probably only account for 5% of the stock max.

I wouldn't be to worried about it. The reason Nintendo is switching to use cards more than figures is so they will be more plentiful. They are aware of the issues that have gone on with the first amiibos and that is what they're trying to solve. It is alot easier to make 2 million cards than 2 million plastic figures.

Exuse me XD I have the funds and wanted to have the 100 villagers which one is gets when buying a box of 50 packs!
And instead of being rude then perhaps think that many of us that have extra cards are going to either resell at cost price or host give aways or give the extra to friends and help the new stock to not oversell again.
>cost price
Yet on sites such as amazon people are already reselling for way more than cost price.
I'm not actually mad though, sorry for making it seem that way or offending you. It's you're money, as stated below the only reason I care is because of the low stock.

I was concerned, but then I went and brought all the NPCs and villager cards I wanted {I ending up paying ?100 to get 50 cards including the npcs}

It's already been said you can't sell items worth real world currency for tbt anymore for anyone thinking we will have a trading section. However I plan to do free giveaways with cards I got in bundle's but don't want {for free}

It is annoying though, how some people seem to be a bit rude towards the people who have spent a lot of money on getting a lot of cards, some of us have saved and set aside funds for this

how some people seem to be a bit rude towards the people who have spent a lot of money on getting a lot of cards
> some people
tfw me

I get it you have the money, I could pay 100 dollars for all the cards I want too. It doesn't change the fact that many people buying an entire box when they are already low on stock might hinder the chances of other getting any cards. I realize you are being kind about it, but there will be and already are people buying and reselling for higher prices. : ' ) I'm not trying to say anything rude about you or anyone else. I'm just stating the facts. If they weren't low in stock I could care less on how much you buy. Plus it's you're own money.

>cost price
Yet on sites such as amazon people are already reselling for way more than cost price.
I'm not actually mad though, sorry for making it seem that way or offending you. It's you're money, as stated below the only reason I care is because of the low stock.

how some people seem to be a bit rude towards the people who have spent a lot of money on getting a lot of cards
> some people
tfw me

I get it you have the money, I could pay 100 dollars for all the cards I want too. It doesn't change the fact that many people buying an entire box when they are already low on stock might hinder the chances of other getting any cards. I realize you are being kind about it, but there will be and already are people buying and reselling for higher prices. : ' ) I'm not trying to say anything rude about you or anyone else. I'm just stating the facts. If they weren't low in stock I could care less on how much you buy. Plus it's you're own money.

Not just you though, I noticed a few people seem to come off that way. I don't know about the other person but for me some people seem a bit surprised or think it's ridiculous because I spent that much on cards. But I didn't actually buy any packs, I chose to buy opened cards being sold as separates or in bundles {which is actually cheaper than buying sets of the packs so I don't get why people who spent so much didn't just do that}. And what I worked out, the amount of cards I got from bundles that didn't have duplicates is the same amount it would have cost per card, just 10 dollars more in total.

But I did that because after seeing how many packs people were buying, I'd rather just spend the money and get the cards I wanted. In general I don't like seeing people being or come off as rude based on how much someone has spent, but I can totally see why anyone would be concerned

Not just you though, I noticed a few people seem to come off that way. I don't know about the other person but for me some people seem a bit surprised or think it's ridiculous because I spent that much on cards. But I didn't actually buy any packs, I chose to buy opened cards being sold as separates or in bundles {which is actually cheaper than buying sets of the packs so I don't get why people who spent so much didn't just do that}. And what I worked out, the amount of cards I got from bundles that didn't have duplicates is the same amount it would have cost per card, just 10 dollars more in total.

But I did that because after seeing how many packs people were buying, I'd rather just spend the money and get the cards I wanted. In general I don't like seeing people being or come off as rude based on how much someone has spent, but I can totally see why anyone would be concerned

Oh, I'm actually sorry to hear that. I have no problem with how much you spent, it's you're own money and people should respect that. I'm happy you bought the cards you wanted, and I'm curious, where did you buy them? I'm pre-ordering the game a bit later this month and want to buy some cards but I can't seem to find a good place online. I live in Canada too, and on an island at that, so shipping can be a pain. I would like to buy the individual cards I want if I can.

I doubt it. Imports probably only account for 5% of the stock max.

I'm not sure, I know a lot of people on reddit import now and also it seems that most people importing buy a lot (such as the 50 pack box) because if you're going to have one Japanese card then why not have them all be Japanese?

I would rather have English cards than Japanese so I'll wait though. Shipping from Japan would cost loads anyway even if the price of the cards is much cheaper.

I'm really concerned about the scalpers that will try to buy a bunch of the amiibo cards all at once. At first I didn't want to get any of the amiibo cards but now I want or collect them all haha. I think people will be lining up to collect them just like the regular amino figures. I'm already spending enough to money on all the amiibo figures and now I have to spend more money trying to find all the cards. If I'm just looking for a few particular cards then I might go online and buy them from Amazon bit who know how much those are going to cost. I think scalper know that the amiibo cards will be popular and they will want to snatch them all up right away. Happily stores will limit people on how many packs they can buy.

Back