Any way to trade fish/bugs.

Terrabull

Bells
Switch
4974-5480-7018
New Horizons Token
My friends aren't as interested in collecting fish/bug models as I am, so I'm buying them from them, but I want to use my caught bugs so I'm still putting in the effort (plus I have out of season ones they can't catch until next year.)
I know they can't be mailed, can't be dropped like furniture. There is no direct trade, and you can't grab a placed item even if you are best friends. This leave me thinking there is no way to give them bugs or fish to craft.

all bugs and fishes have to be caught by everyone themselves. They can't be traded or gifted at all.

The only way to trade fish/bugs is with someone else living on the same island as you, because they have no restrictions on things left outside. It won't register for the Critterpedia though. You still have to catch it yourself even there.

dang, well here's to months waiting for CJ and Flick just to catch up on last months models >_<

If there are multiple players on an island, can each of them get a model from Flick/CJ?

It’s a shame bugs and fish cannot be traded ;-;

For now, the closest thing is to trade models

No there is no way to trade fish or bugs to other players. There was a glitch where some people were able to wrap creatures in gifts and give it to you back in 2020 but it has since been patched out.

I feel like that should have been changed! Like if i’m putting you as best friend status then i trust you enough to pick up fish and bugs without doing anything shady.

You can always buy the models if that’s what you’re looking for! I did a tropical/jungle theme and bought SOOO many models for my island off here and nookazon!

I feel like that should have been changed! Like if i’m putting you as best friend status then i trust you enough to pick up fish and bugs without doing anything shady.

You can always buy the models if that’s what you’re looking for! I did a tropical/jungle theme and bought SOOO many models for my island off here and nookazon!
I can see why they would not let us trade bugs/fish because it would make completing the museum too easy, then again we can trade Fossils and Paintings/Statues so I don't know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
I know that in new leaf there's a way that hackers can drop creatures on the ground for other people to pick up and they act like normal, so maybe there's a way to do that in new horizons by hacking? I wouldn't recommend it though because hackers have been getting reported left and right, and it's really easy to get banned from online these days :/

I know that in new leaf there's a way that hackers can drop creatures on the ground for other people to pick up and they act like normal, so maybe there's a way to do that in new horizons by hacking? I wouldn't recommend it though because hackers have been getting reported left and right, and it's really easy to get banned from online these days :/
Yeah Nintendo really doesn't take too kindly to hackers because I remember there was the whole drama with Dream Addresses that happened back in 2020 where people were posting trees that had hacked items with Star Fragments on them. Some people reported them and they got their address taken down and their accounts banned. So I would not want to take the risk of doing that.

Back