• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Antifa to be declared a Terror Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)

It’s already happened. After four years of violent protests, Antifa has been declared a terror group. It’s not just over the George Floyd protests, but several violent protests from the last four years. What are your opinions on this? Do you think he is right about denouncing this kind of violence, or do you think this is another way of silencing protests against hatred and oppression? Keep in mind that this isn’t BLM that’s getting the terrorist label, but rather a group of left-winged extremists and anarchists. Please remain civil when discussing this executive action, and please refrain from making extreme opinions, stereotypes, and straw-man arguments.

antifa isn't even a group or organization, it's an ideology, so this makes no sense regardless of anyone's personal opinions on antifa. it's literally a term for anyone who's anti-fascist and against white nationalism, which says a lot about the order and the people backing it.

anyway... because antifa isn't an actual group, if the order goes through it is essentially giving the US the ability to label anyone they want as "part of antifa" and the right to arrest anyone they want, and that is no doubt going to primarily be black & brown people. people will die.

What is the point of this thread? Are you looking for a debate or a dialectic? I don't think it's the latter because you're coming in with your own mindset and views (apparent by your wording and referencing of ANTIFA) -- not to mention the notion that your past posts lean towards simply wanting a debate. Starting threads like these are going to be in vain unless you're approaching them with an open mind and willing to seek common truth. Seems like you're trying, but you're not entirely there.

antifa isn't even a group or organization, it's an ideology, so this makes no sense regardless of anyone's personal opinions on antifa. it's literally a term for anyone who's anti-fascist and against white nationalism, which says a lot about the order and the people backing it.

anyway... because antifa isn't an actual group, if the order goes through it is essentially giving the US the ability to label anyone they want as "part of antifa" and the right to arrest anyone they want, and that is no doubt going to primarily be black & brown people. people will die.

Seliph summed it up pretty decently. This is going to hurt innocents and peaceful protesters alike. The police have always been more aggressive towards BLM protesters -- now it's going to be exorbitantly worse.

As someone who hated this organization, I supported this decision long before it happened. While it’s necessary to protest an authoritarian government or a government that enforces oppression or discrimination since we cannot let these kinds of government win, I do not support silencing opponents using violence (especially if their opponents support free speech or economic freedom). Not to mention, but they don’t take criticism too kindly either (think, Andy Ngo). They claim to be “anti-facist”, but the biggest irony is that they’re fighting fascism with fascism. I wouldn’t support denouncing anti-oppression groups as “terrorists”, but if anybody uses violence to silence others, to fight for oppression or against freedom, or to prevent any bad reputation, then they are, in fact, terrorists. It doesn’t matter what side you’re on. Some things are just unacceptable by all standards.

As someone who hated this organization, I supported this decision long before it happened. While it’s necessary to protest an authoritarian government or a government that enforces oppression or discrimination since we cannot let these kinds of government win, I do not support silencing opponents using violence (especially if their opponents support free speech or economic freedom). Not to mention, but they don’t take criticism too kindly either (think, Andy Ngo). They claim to be “anti-facist”, but the biggest irony is that they’re fighting fascism with fascism. I wouldn’t support denouncing anti-oppression groups as “terrorists”, but if anybody uses violence to silence others, to fight for oppression or against freedom, or to prevent any bad reputation, then they are, in fact, terrorists. It doesn’t matter what side you’re on. Some things are just unacceptable by all standards.

You didn't answer what I asked. Quit dodging it. Are you looking for a debate or a dialectic? Just from this, all I've seen is that you want to voice your own opinion. Is this simply just to put your musings into the void? Do you actually care what people respond with? There's no reason to be making these threads if that's all you want. This is an unbelievably sensitive time and you're making it about yourself. This isn't the time to behave similarly to a pseudointellectual.

Regardless, since I've bitten your bait, obviously fascism is bad. Every American should be afraid of fascism. They are in no way behaving fascist, and I implore you to do more research.

Last edited:
Several posts have already needed to be deleted from this thread. It's destined to go badly, so I'm going to get ahead of that and just close this one here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back