• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Animal Crossing is now $70 on average

ReanimatedSorceress

Local Monstergirl
Bells
User Title Color Change
Can you even believe that? GameCube games are gaining value at a rate much faster than what I saw happen with Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 games in a similar time span. Animal Crossing wasn't even $30 until a couple of years ago. Holding onto my complete boxed copy forever because the game has much sentimental value to me but it's weird to think Animal Crossing is now one of the higher end games in my personal collection.

I just had to pay £40. Which is good considering I see them usually go for £50-£80 now. In most cases it'd probably be cheaper to import a Japanese Gamecube along with a Japanese copy of the game. Even the PAL versions are very costly now.

Not surprised Gamecube games are so valuable though, seems how systems sold correlates with how much the games are later on. PS1 games are much cheaper than their Dreamcast and N64 counterparts for example. Makes me wonder if Wii U games will be worth a nice sum in a decade or so time.

I can't stress this to people enough, post lockdown I sold a lot of my collection and I was shocked how much my PS2 games sold for. Never ever ever throw away your games. Unless it's something really common, like Madden or FIFA.

Last time I checked, Kirby Air Ride and Super Smash Bros Melee also became pretty expensive, at least if you looking for those who still have their cases and booklets in a good condition. I thinking about getting a GameCube again one day, but if I take a look at those prices of certain games, I'm getting stomach pain and my wallet starts crying a river. I kinda regret nowadays that I get rid off of all my GC stuff years ago, including Animal Crossing. 😢

That's pretty wild! I guess it kinda makes since, though? I just bought the game for $45 on Ebay. :)

Edit: I think I've found it at different prices, though. This one wasn't in that good of condition, but I've saw a lot in the $70 range! I haven't really played the gamecube until I got mine last week, but the games are gaining value so I figured it'd be cool to give it a shot!

It's because game collecting has gotten big. The values of older games have increased in value a LOT in the past 10-15 years. Gamecube is growing in popularity partly because of nostalgia and partly because some people ignored it back when it was new because they were playing PS2 games, not realizing there are actually some good Gamecube games.

I find it incredibly frustrating, actually, as someone who has been buying physical copies of games for years. It's actually cheaper to get Japanese copies of games a lot of times now, and even Japanese retro games have increased in value - just nowhere near as ridiculous as English copies of games. (There are certain exceptions to that rule, like anything PC Engine...)

1612445049215.png

I bought the game for 8% of this price. This is actually just crazy

Back