• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

Quiet thread. I will say, if ribbit is mafia, they are the highest effort mafia I have ever seen in this game. I don't think ribbit would need to try nearly that hard to win this game, since when Frosty is gone they're going to likely be the most active presence, and is largely townread.

I would be fine with radical vote today. I don't wanna just echo what other people have said, but nothing they have done this game has stricken me as particularly pro-town or anti-town. IMO, players like that have very high incidence of being mafia, since a bland opinion is easier to defend than a strong conviction or suspicion.

Would also be happy to vote out Yoshi or mog today, like I mentioned in my big post yesterday. I doubt I can garner votes for mog since she is very good at playing the victim and getting sympathy despite coasting all game so far.

Going to be here for an hour-ish in the most bad decision-making move of my life, because I got lost in doing Randomisers with some friends instead of reading thread like I promised.

Given that Dolby claimed that he protected me as doc, he probably actually targeted me as roleblocker. Knowing there is a watcher in the game, it would be a good way for him to cover his tracks, in case we bought his story about being framed doctor.

purple is my favorite color :3
Important first quote:
Yes. It is the best colour :nod:

---

I rescind my Annika scumread. Reading EOD's out of context is horrible for getting player metric reads apparently. =P

---

Volt is probably town for the way Dolby was offended by Jacob/Volt townlocking Annika early. (Jacob = Flipped Town Ness)
Post automatically merged:

Also yeah I'm pretty convinced Trundle is town rn.

Awesome, thank you!

Mog I would never do this as wolf.

Maybe hold back the frame or rber but never the kill

TBh, Trundle's shift in posting day 3 vs day 1-2 seemed a little more on the ball/agenda'd. So I wouldn't clear him personally.

Though I think it would be UNLIKELY for Dolby to wate the RB so tinfoil at best.

Yoshi/TN4U definitely up the top of my sus list so far on my reread.

Yoshi sus is for bad reasons, so less confident in that one.

TN4U's lack of attention to Dolby early on (And basically fingering Volt for what Dolby was doing) feels like a wolf avoiding his buddy. Could be confbiasing myself but feel confident here too.

Awesome, thank you!

TBh, Trundle's shift in posting day 3 vs day 1-2 seemed a little more on the ball/agenda'd. So I wouldn't clear him personally.

Though I think it would be UNLIKELY for Dolby to wate the RB so tinfoil at best.
I'll check the shift you're talking about, but idk.

I definitely think Annika/Volt are townier, but I don't think Trundle should be in debate today.

In my opinion, Mog seems more of a woof than Dolby. Both could be mafia, but Mog's replies to others makes me personally think that she's hiding something. I'd rather vote for her first over Dolby to be honest.
I want to present point one of why I think TN4U is just wolf with Dolby.

If TN4U flips wolf, btw, Mog is 100% town in every world.

Nevermind Annika's posting is eeping me again lmao. I'm sticking to Volt as town.

Last edited:

I definitely think Annika/Volt are townier, but I don't think Trundle should be in debate today.

I don't either, that's why I didn't want to bring this up until today (would have sat on it until day 4 but risk of death always looming so :v), and would have waited longer but I won't be home.

Dolby's treatment of Annika is weird and probably means she's town. I'm just having doubts.

Actually Yoshi is probably town. They're just doing the noob "idk who to sus" thing a bunch which irked me lmao

Ribbit is ~townish and it's enough I'm putting them in the town bucket for now.

LMAO. ok ribbit is lost and that might be towny

Here's where I'm at

Town
Jacob4
Frosty
Volt
Trundle but he might be mafia with TN4U

Tbh most of my mafia reads at this point in the thread come to "this person is kind of lacking content within their posts". I could see myself voting for quite a few people

Is there a single person who townreads Mogyay or Zinnia? I've seen multiple reads lists where they are the two listed mafia
Yeah I'm contacting construction workers for this tunnel.

Last edited:
It's a lot easier to make coherent posts when the thread doesn't have 100 new posts every time I open it lol

Dolby's treatment of Annika is weird and probably means she's town. I'm just having doubts.

Actually Yoshi is probably town. They're just doing the noob "idk who to sus" thing a bunch which irked me lmao

Ribbit is ~townish and it's enough I'm putting them in the town bucket for now.

Yeah I'm contacting construction workers for this tunnel.
Weird game eh :) That's probably because half the mafia team is likely the noob AFKs

If TN4U flips wolf then Volt is also definitely town.

Which I already thought but it'd be good confirmation

Weird game eh :) That's probably because half the mafia team is likely the noob AFKs
*Puffs pipe* You'll have to run that by me again. The train got left at the station.
(Out of 4 wolves, 1 confirmed experienced, one I think is a fairly new player. I think it's a 50/50 split for experience with how I'm seeing things rn.)

@radical6
Abe says hi back

Noobs / AFKs
I think 1 of the remaining wolves isn't new and has thread presence.

Which would, again, make half the team not noobs/afks.

So *shrug* I don't agree with it. Which is why I was confused by you responding as if that was my line of thought.

I said half not all

In my defense it's nearly 2am here.

I'm around 90% just to speedrun another 1 phase death =P

Nevermind I'm returning to my Annika sus on D1 lmao.

Their posting especially around townreads and just being inconfident about making waves feels at odds with what I townread them for last game.

Re-upping this

I backread a bit and I think Zinnia is mildly town, in that I feel that their process and reasoning for their Mogyay sus is believable and natural.

Anyway as for Ribbit, I look at this point and I kind of just think that this reasoning is just following the thread consensus? Heck, TN4U had the exact same wolf reads a few posts before Ribbit made their own reads

And I look at the above post and it's just like, you are sussing people with three posts at the start of the game because yes they have empty posts but that isn't the end all be all.

Like, I made a point to call out the referenced Zinnia post since I felt (at the time not currently, I now think it's a NAI post that imposters could push on) it was a towny post that wolves would use to push on if Zinnia was completely new. I'd be a bit more critical if Zinnia was like "idk I don't have any reads" but I think it's perfectly natural for a new player to feel that everyone is fundamentally fine so far, and it has definetely shown in their worldview throughout the whole thread since. ribbit kinda just hasn't pivoted on their reads at all, which I think is kind of an indictment of them when Zinnia is looking better the deeper I go into the thread, and Volt is looking towny to me at the point of time where they say this.

It would be fine if Ribbon had more read progression on Zinnia (Mogyay hasn't provided enough) but they just don't?

Then I look at the post below and I have thoughts on it. I felt that TN4U going after Annika for saying weh was overlyaggressive and definetely made me feel weird about the slot. Ribbon just brushes me of. It feels like Ribbon already decided that they were going to townread TN4U and that they were going to keep townreading TN4U and nothing is gonna change that. This goes with my earlier thoughts about Ribbon potentially pocketing TN4U

Also going to say, I found unravel's posting here. It did not impress, more consensus townreads from another shot, I am fine with Trundles vote there.

I would really like more from @mogyay I do feel like your suspicions are the two people who kinda got on the "mogyay and zinnia sus" bandwagon last and I need more from your slot to fully read you for you, rather than read you from the space around you.

Another thing, I'm seeing a lot of people townreading yoshi. I don't think that Yoshi is sus but i'm not seeing any reasons to townread Yoshi yet tbh.

I like radical6's big post outside that townlean

Idk maybe I tunneled and washed, but like, this is just giving Frosty what she wants to hear.

I feel pretty meh towards Betsy's ISO on Jacob4. I like that you are doing it but Jacob townreading me for my skepticism towards me is pretty towny imo. Granted guy hasn't been in thread for a while

Yeah really not understanding all of the Yoshi townreads. Up to a proper read of 275

Re-upping this

I backread a bit and I think Zinnia is mildly town, in that I feel that their process and reasoning for their Mogyay sus is believable and natural.

Anyway as for Ribbit, I look at this point and I kind of just think that this reasoning is just following the thread consensus? Heck, TN4U had the exact same wolf reads a few posts before Ribbit made their own reads

And I look at the above post and it's just like, you are sussing people with three posts at the start of the game because yes they have empty posts but that isn't the end all be all.

Like, I made a point to call out the referenced Zinnia post since I felt (at the time not currently, I now think it's a NAI post that imposters could push on) it was a towny post that wolves would use to push on if Zinnia was completely new.

It would be fine if Ribbon had more read progression on Zinnia (Mogyay hasn't provided enough) but they just don't?

Then I look at the post below and I have thoughts on it. I felt that TN4U going after Annika for saying weh was overlyaggressive and definetely made me feel weird about the slot. Ribbon just brushes me of. It feels like Ribbon already decided that they were going to townread TN4U and that they were going to keep townreading TN4U and nothing is gonna change that. This goes with my earlier thoughts about Ribbon potentially pocketing TN4U

Also going to say, I found unravel's posting here. It did not impress, more consensus townreads from another shot, I am fine with Trundles vote there.

I would really like more from @mogyay I do feel like your suspicions are the two people who kinda got on the "mogyay and zinnia sus" bandwagon last and I need more from your slot to fully read you for you, rather than read you from the space around you.

Another thing, I'm seeing a lot of people townreading yoshi. I don't think that Yoshi is sus but i'm not seeing any reasons to townread Yoshi yet tbh.

I like radical6's big post outside that townlean

Idk maybe I tunneled and washed, but like, this is just giving Frosty what she wants to hear.

I feel pretty meh towards Betsy's ISO on Jacob4. I like that you are doing it but Jacob townreading me for my skepticism towards me is pretty towny imo. Granted guy hasn't been in thread for a while

This whole post is super suspicious to me and I feel the need to break it down on a post of it's own separate from anything else I am doing. If you read one part of this post it should be the last paragraph within this post merge

The first part with Zinnia is fine.

The second part I'm going to be more generous than I would like to be towards. This statement when you think about the whole thread holistically with regard to what a wagon, is basically saying to no elim when there is, in Ribbon's view, a wolf between Mog and Zinnia. But eh, I don't have a perfect view of the inside of their head. No elim bad.There's plenty that comes later in this post.

Third part in response to me with regard to Mogyay, this is where the hairs on my neck raised when I read this. In my eyes, the statement is trying to have it's cake and eat it to. It's handwavey, and flipflopping. It's saying that, yes people are bandwagoning on Mogyay and that may be towny for her, but at the same time, those people might be town more comfortable pushing someone not around. Let me stay in the same spot with regard to my progression on my reads thanks. It's a really weird noncomittal thing to post that I think is mainly serving as an attempt to get into my good graces with agreeing with me about the push towards Mog without committing to any action that lets up the pressure on her.

fourth part fine

fifth part: yeah I'm just not meshing with this. I think that the logic that you used is really just a rehash of logic used by other people and is just sheeping teh thread, and I do think that the specific highlighted Zinnia post is one that mafia would be tempted to use against a new town very frequently

After the merge I just don't really like the appeal for town to not vote people out, but it also is kinda saying to me that the slot doesn't want to commit to reading people. That this slot doesn't want accountability for how it reads people and what it says in the thread.

The last bit kinda just blew my mind and I'm surprised that no one else even mentioned it but it's "cop is kinda useless". Cop's checks have like a 85-90% chance of being right. I think that Ribbon has a guilty conscience and is worried about being inspected, so he wants to cast doubt at a cop beforehand. And before anyone says anything, there's a difference betwee saying cop isn't the end all be all and that the cop is "kinda useless"

ignore that my post is copied twice in my analysis of Ribbon's post #278. I am still trying to figure out new TBT If you read any part of this post please read the last paragraph. I'm comfortable with my vote staying there
Ribbit towncore lesgo

At this point, it's possible for it to be anyone. Even dolby. But who I would vote for- the people I'm least comfortable with.

I did. I don't see much difference this game and last game. So I wouldn't vote volt rn. More on the light town lean because ig meta? Just doesn't seem to be pushing anyone or defending anyone overly much? Nothing outright wolfy. Meh. Volt is meh.
This post is among the reasons I'm rescinding townreading Betsy for now. Pending D2/Spew ISO from Dolby.

Last edited:
Yoshi/TN4U definitely up the top of my sus list so far on my reread.

Yoshi sus is for bad reasons, so less confident in that one.

TN4U's lack of attention to Dolby early on (And basically fingering Volt for what Dolby was doing) feels like a wolf avoiding his buddy. Could be confbiasing myself but feel confident here too.

if you do want to vote tn4u do you think you could iso him and read so you could get a whole picture on his lines? like i see what you mean i just want to make sure you have all the context you need to make that assumption, i don’t think skimming his pages would take too long (but then again i am just used to isoing people fast at this point)

five pages looks easy enough for me esp because at least half of the first one is always useless

Ribbit/Frosty/Volt are my towncore. I only got a 4th of the way into thread but brain shutting down, so you'll have to deal with it.

I really think TN4U is wolf. I don't have time to make a full case but I'd definitely prefer em to be the yeet.

if you do want to vote tn4u do you think you could iso him and read so you could get a whole picture on his lines? like i see what you mean i just want to make sure you have all the context you need to make that assumption, i don’t think skimming his pages would take too long (but then again i am just used to isoing people fast at this point)

five pages looks easy enough for me esp because at least half of the first one is always useless
I've done a skim and I don't see anything that makes me not agree with my wolf read.

Do you townread TN4U? Could you outline why or point me at the post you have if I've blanked on that?

Esp his "reluctance" around voting the Dolby wagon makes me feel like I'm right.

Back