amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
I didn't mean the whole WHOLE collection, I meant our collection SO far.
However yes, we're just missing Meta Knight, Shulk and Rosalina, like you said.

I'm only able to buy Meta Knight or Shulk from Japan since we're literally sold out of em here, who do you guys think I should go for? Since I'm stuck on a choice.

My collection's going along nicely, I guess.

Still don't have a Villager or Mac, but that's okay. I have Rosalina, Meta Knight and Shulk coming in from Japan. Not too bad, about $19 Canadian Dollars a pop without shipping. Jumps to $25-ish with the express + insured shipping.

I'm only able to buy Meta Knight or Shulk from Japan since we're literally sold out of em here, who do you guys think I should go for? Since I'm stuck on a choice.

I think you need Shulk.

Last edited:
WDbMeh3.png

Got to my parents house last night to find these pretties waiting for me. :D

>Disney infinity

Get that 3rd party amiibo trash out of here!!

I think you need Shulk.
Might do, I'm mainly stuck on who would become more rare lmao even though I like Meta Knight more as a character

I heard that the amiibo adapter was going to be out for Summer 2015...

- - - Post Merge - - -

That is only 26 of 29 actually...

That is the whole collection???? Where is your Shulk, Meta Knight and Rosalina? I received Shulk and Meta Knight today in the mail.
I have had Rosalina for a VERY long time now. Nearly a month.
preach

What are you guys doing with these large collections? Smash training? Or just for viewing purposes?

I'm trying to only get ones I really want + have a use, and I just see some of them and I'm like "okay so beyond smash, I can't imagine this will ever be used again". Like if they do another WiiU Wii Fit game, or some major update will they include Wii Fit Trainer amiibo support or is she just benched to Smash forever? Questions like this make me anxious for the emotionless inanimate figurines.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love my Wii Fit Trainer one though... <3

What are you guys doing with these large collections? Smash training? Or just for viewing purposes?

I'm trying to only get ones I really want + have a use, and I just see some of them and I'm like "okay so beyond smash, I can't imagine this will ever be used again". Like if they do another WiiU Wii Fit game, or some major update will they include Wii Fit Trainer amiibo support or is she just benched to Smash forever? Questions like this make me anxious for the emotionless inanimate figurines.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just love the look of them being all put together. It's a huge guilty pleasure and money drain for me.

All these large collections...

And I'm still sat here with my Kirby and Yoshi I got on release day.

I've mostly lost interest in them for the large part since the stuff they do in games is really trivial and as a whole they're proving to be more hassle to get hold of than they're really worth.

I plan on getting the rest of my favorite characters though:
- Link
- Samus
- Diddy + Donkey Kong
- Bowser
- Mario...Though this is simply because it would be a sin to have a collection of Nintendo things and not have a Mario.

Would like to get Rosalina, Megaman, Zelda and Sheik as well since they're among my favorite characters (especially Megaman and Sheik) but I'm not holding my breath since I doubt I'll get hold of them. I'm kind of not bothered since I assume I won't.

I'm hoping that they release a lot more of the Mario Party Amiibo's to meet demand this time. I would hate to miss out on the Yoshi for that...

I'm not bothered about the Gold and Silver versions at all though. They just look naff. Maybe silver Mario since that's kind of just 'Metal Mario', which is actually a thing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

GREED!
No i jk. Wow I can just imagine some loser with multiple WiiU systems having them all playing full 8 player amiibo games.

10 WiiUs all with 8P Amiibo games going at level 50. Kirby's Great Cave Offensive
woo that room needs some ice

View attachment 84762
Just picked up Toon Link and Sheik from Gamestop <3

Most of the amiibos look fantastic. But I seriously can't justify buying Diddy Kong (one of my favorite Nintendo characters ever) because when I look at him... His eyes are just weird. Like his pupils were drawn way too far apart and he looks derpy.

I was so excited to see him in stores and I picked it up, looked at him, and just set him back down. The eyes really ruined it for me.

Most of the amiibos look fantastic. But I seriously can't justify buying Diddy Kong (one of my favorite Nintendo characters ever) because when I look at him... His eyes are just weird. Like his pupils were drawn way too far apart and he looks derpy.

I was so excited to see him in stores and I picked it up, looked at him, and just set him back down. The eyes really ruined it for me.
THIS IS MY FAVORITE

HAHA Why do these things always have to happen to the DK crew? I have a DK Amiibo and he's good, but had they altered the design any, he would have been derped out as well.

I really would love to know why there's so damn many defective Amiibo that end up on the shelves but Skylands & Disney Infinity don't get busted up as much, if ever.

Back