amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
Nice collection! I only have the two Links and a Zelda one. I'm really interested in getting a Mega Man one but haven't had any success in stores.

Did you get your Mega Man in a store or just buy it online somewhere?

I got Megaman from a pal right from the forums along with Marth and Lucario (bless his fckn soul)
He's becoming more common than he was at first so you might be able to get one online for a good price!

I got Megaman from a pal right from the forums along with Marth and Lucario (bless his fckn soul)
He's becoming more common than he was at first so you might be able to get one online for a good price!

Wow! That's awesome! Yea I'm hoping to get it for close to $15 if not as close to retail price as possible. Definitely under $20 if I can.

Just curious, did you trade tbt for them or how did that work? You don't have to reveal too much if you don't want to lol :p

Wow! That's awesome! Yea I'm hoping to get it for close to $15 if not as close to retail price as possible. Definitely under $20 if I can.

Just curious, did you trade tbt for them or how did that work? You don't have to reveal too much if you don't want to lol :p

I believe you can get him online through Wal-Mart right now!
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mega-Man-Amiibo-Wii-U/41488613

They were a gift!
And I plan on returning the favor very soon!!

You know that moment on The Price is Right, when they show you "A NEW CARRRRR!!!"

...pretty sure that just happened here :D

Seriously, thanks though lol my Google skills need some practice :p

No problemo.
I was browsing Wal-Mart online to see when it opens before I tried my hand at getting the elusive Gold Mario and in doing so I skimmed their amiibo online catalog and I totally remember Megaman being available when I looked so you lucked out haha!

am i the only person who opens and uses their amiibo???

I gave my reason for not opening mine in the post you quoted: I'll be moving (twice!) this year and I haven't found a practical way to store them yet so they get to my new flat safely. Otherwise they would all be open and prettily arranged!

However, I do intend to open Toad next time I play Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. :)

Last edited:
I gave my reason for not opening mine in the post you quoted: I'll be moving (twice!) this year and I haven't found a practical way to store them yet so they get to my new flat safely. Otherwise they would all be open and prettily arranged!

However, I do intend to open Toad next time I play Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. :)

amiibo aren't for 'arranging prettily' you gotta play with them!!!

amiibo aren't for 'arranging prettily' you gotta play with them!!!

I'll play with them when Nintendo give them better in-game functionality!

So far MP10 (which I don't have) and Captain Toad have the best uses for amiibo IMO.

I still don't have any Amiibo yet, but I've been informed that a local retailer has got Yoshi in stock again, so once I have a bit more money, I'll be ordering it.

Do you guys have any suggestions what I should do with them once I start collecting? Should I get as many as I can, or just the characters my friends and I use in case we decide to have a Smash session?

I don't have a Wii U so I didn't buy one :c
I would wanna try to get Shulk though because he is my boyfriend~

Hahah! Good luck in finding a Shulk, he is pretty rare you know! Where do you live by the way? I live in Europe and a lot of stores did not even get their Shulks. I know a shop who did not even get at least one Sonic OR Mega Man!

Hahah! Good luck in finding a Shulk, he is pretty rare you know! Where do you live by the way? I live in Europe and a lot of stores did not even get their Shulks. I know a shop who did not even get at least one Sonic OR Mega Man!

A few of my friends got Shulk so I guess he's not rare here c:

A few of my friends got Shulk so I guess he's not rare here c:

Omg! Cool! I do not really want him though, the only amiibo i want from wave 4 is King Dedede, i do not care too much about Sonic, Mega Man, Shulk and Meta Knight. I JUST NEED THAT DEDEDE! WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND HIM!

R-Cookies is with me, does anyone else want a Dedede too?

I understand that completely. I'm in the UK myself, and I have to say: a lot of the places I've been to barely have a selection of Amiibo. The rarest I've seen around is Fox. In fact, compared to the diverse shelves of Skylanders and Disney Infinity figurines, our largest local retailer that also sells games just has a single row of Amiibo, which is, needless to say, disappointing. And they're always the same ones, too: Mario, Link, Pikachu, Samus, and DK. At the very least, Link And Pikachu will be easily accessible.

I understand that completely. I'm in the UK myself, and I have to say: a lot of the places I've been to barely have a selection of Amiibo. The rarest I've seen around is Fox. In fact, compared to the diverse shelves of Skylanders and Disney Infinity figurines, our largest local retailer that also sells games just has a single row of Amiibo, which is, needless to say, disappointing. And they're always the same ones, too: Mario, Link, Pikachu, Samus, and DK. At the very least, Link And Pikachu will be easily accessible.

Oh i managed to find a Rosalina 3 days before her official release date lol. So you even were too late if you were there at the release because i bought the one and only one.

Oh i managed to find a Rosalina 3 days before her official release date lol. So you even were too late if you were there at the release because i bought the one and only one.

To be honest, Rosalina wasn't one I was interested anyway, so it's not really a hard blow to me. I'm just keeping an eye out for Yoshi, Pit, Shulk and the two I mentioned before. Maybe I might get DK too.

To be honest, Rosalina wasn't one I was interested anyway, so it's not really a hard blow to me. I'm just keeping an eye out for Yoshi, Pit, Shulk and the two I mentioned before. Maybe I might get DK too.

I got Yoshi, Pit and Donkey Kong of your list but i do not care too much about Shulk like i said earlier, there were plenty in a store near my house though! (not anymore of course)

Back