• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Advance Beginner Questions!

faceburn

Bells
Hi guys,

There are a lot of things discuss in this forum that is not cover in any manual. It made me realized that Animal Crossing New Leaf is a much deeper game than I initially thought and I have only begun to scratch its surface.

Without further ado, here are my questions.

1. What is plot resetting, how does one plot reset? How did the update made plot resetting easier?

2. What is the void? What is the 16 villagers cycle mean? What do people on the Villager Trading Plaza board mean when they title their thread "[cycling]"?

3. When a villager move out, does the next villager that move in plot their house in the same location as the previous villager?

4. At what point in the game does one have the opportunity to lay path down? No spoiler thanks. I have unlocked the garden center but nothing yet.

5. Do fruits left in locker go rotten?

6. Is the 5 native fruits the only items in the game where you can sell for a lot of money in other people towns? And if not, what other items can be sold higher in other people towns?

7. How much money have you spend on Amiibo figures, cards, etc...? Can one Amiibo card be use as many times as one wish and in as many towns?

8. Do you get more fossils, furniture, and sapphires if you are away for more than a day? (I can't seem to ask this question correctly). If someone could help me reword it, would really appreciate it.

9. How do you get $16, 200 bells with money rock? I dig the digging before hitting the rock but I still only get 7 caches of bells instead of 8.

Thanks

Last edited:
I'll answer a few of the simple ones. You can look at some of the guides in the thread linked in my signature for answers to some of the more complex questions.

3. Usually no. They can plot in the same place, but it's rare unless there aren't other locations available.

4. At the very beginning. Just go to your pattern screen and select a pattern and choose the place on ground option.

5. No. Fruit never rots unless it was rotten fruit as soon as it fell off the tree.

6. Every town has a different item on premium every day at Re-Tail and has different turnip prices, but other than fruit, every item has the same base price in every town.

8. No. If you have at least 4 fossils or 3 gyroids buried in your town, no more of that item will appear until you dig some of them up. Another ore rock won't appear until you break the one currently in your town.

9. Dig holes adjacent to a space diagonally next to the rock, but not next to the rock and face the rock and hit it with your shovel. It takes some good timing to hit it 8 times. You want to be fast and consistent, but if you mash A too fast, then your character pauses between hits and you'll only get 7 bags.

Last edited:
*cracks knuckles* someone will probably answer before me but who cares the more the merrier

1. Plot resetting is when you start a new save file first thing on the day a new villager plots their house. If you don't like it, close the game (don't save) and do it again. Once it's in a good spot, ask Tom Nook to build the house, talk to Isabelle, etc. etc. until you're able to save and quit. Then delete the new save file. (unless you want to keep it for some reason) The update made it so villagers can't plot on paths, from what I've heard.

2. The "void" is basically where villagers go if they're not directed to a specific town. If you visit a town with less than 10 villagers, a villager that recently (or not recently, depending on how often villagers move out) moved out of your town will move into theirs. Of course, people don't like this and prefer you to "clear your void" before visiting, which you can do simply by visiting a full town (10 villagers).
The 16-villager cycle refers to the amount of villagers that can move out before someone moves back in. For example, if I accidentally had Maple leave my town, I would need to wait for 16 seperate villagers to move out before the game would allow Maple to move in again. Amiibo cards override this, so if I lost Maple, I could immediately use her Amiibo card (if she has one) to move her back in.
Cycling threads in the trading plaza are made more towns that were specifically created to give people villagers. "Cycling" refers to the constant moving in and moving out of villagers.

3. No. I heard that if you replace villagers with Amiibos it becomes more likely but still not always.

4. You can lay down paths at any point simply by going to your designs tab, selecting a design and selecting "place on ground." However, to download paths made by others, you need to talk to Sable (the brown hedgehog in the corner of Able Sisters) for 10 days to unlock the QR code machine.

5. Fruits don't become rotten. Rotten fruit only falls from dead perfect fruit trees. Fresh fruit stays fresh forever. So the answer is no.

6. Perfect fruit can be sold in other towns at higher prices, as well as whatever is listed on the Re-Tail sign. If they have the Bell Boom ordinance everything will sell for more.

7. It varies depending on where you live. Cards are 6 dollars a pack for me but I don't know about figures. Amiibos can once be used once per wish, and as far as I can tell you can only use your own lamp in your own town.

8. No, the location of everything resets the next day.

9. You just need luck, and not just the in-game kind. Even with high wealth luck you may still catch less than 16k bells.

(i typed this on my phone so sorry for any typos ^^)

*cracks knuckles* someone will probably answer before me but who cares the more the merrier

1. Plot resetting is when you start a new save file first thing on the day a new villager plots their house. If you don't like it, close the game (don't save) and do it again. Once it's in a good spot, ask Tom Nook to build the house, talk to Isabelle, etc. etc. until you're able to save and quit. Then delete the new save file. (unless you want to keep it for some reason) The update made it so villagers can't plot on paths, from what I've heard.

2. The "void" is basically where villagers go if they're not directed to a specific town. If you visit a town with less than 10 villagers, a villager that recently (or not recently, depending on how often villagers move out) moved out of your town will move into theirs. Of course, people don't like this and prefer you to "clear your void" before visiting, which you can do simply by visiting a full town (10 villagers).
The 16-villager cycle refers to the amount of villagers that can move out before someone moves back in. For example, if I accidentally had Maple leave my town, I would need to wait for 16 seperate villagers to move out before the game would allow Maple to move in again. Amiibo cards override this, so if I lost Maple, I could immediately use her Amiibo card (if she has one) to move her back in.
Cycling threads in the trading plaza are made more towns that were specifically created to give people villagers. "Cycling" refers to the constant moving in and moving out of villagers.

3. No. I heard that if you replace villagers with Amiibos it becomes more likely but still not always.

4. You can lay down paths at any point simply by going to your designs tab, selecting a design and selecting "place on ground." However, to download paths made by others, you need to talk to Sable (the brown hedgehog in the corner of Able Sisters) for 10 days to unlock the QR code machine.

5. Fruits don't become rotten. Rotten fruit only falls from dead perfect fruit trees. Fresh fruit stays fresh forever. So the answer is no.

6. Perfect fruit can be sold in other towns at higher prices, as well as whatever is listed on the Re-Tail sign. If they have the Bell Boom ordinance everything will sell for more.

7. It varies depending on where you live. Cards are 6 dollars a pack for me but I don't know about figures. Amiibos can once be used once per wish, and as far as I can tell you can only use your own lamp in your own town.

9. You just need luck, and not just the in-game kind. Even with high wealth luck you may still catch less than 16k bells.

How on Earth do you manage to type all of that on your phone?

OMG you are so sweet! Thank you! You took the time to type that all out on your phone, that is so unheard off! We should like be friend!

I'm glad someone was able to answer all the questions you had, so I've got nothing else to add, but I just wanted to mention how impressive your list of dream villagers is.

Last edited:
Back