ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

i hate that we cant curve custom paths
I also hate that there's no way to permanently lock them in place like the default paths. I've accidentally kicked them away so many times. It was a pain in NL and it's a pain in this game. I'd like for there to be a way to lock each tile or need a different less used button to sweep them away.

I also hate that there's no way to permanently lock them in place like the default paths. I've accidentally kicked them away so many times. It was a pain in NL and it's a pain in this game. I'd like for there to be a way to lock each tile or need a different less used button to sweep them away.
THIS! It sort of made sense in New Leaf, but the ability to do this in New Horizons remained, and it's super annoying. Sometimes, I'll hit the wrong button, and the tile goes bye-bye. I then have to open my phone and set it in place again, which takes several steps. Not good.

I really hate how they refuse to do the smallest of QoL update. Just let me craft from my storage in my house. That's all I want. But realistically, honestly, PC items should also appear in New Horizons.

I really hate how they refuse to do the smallest of QoL update. Just let me craft from my storage in my house. That's all I want. But realistically, honestly, PC items should also appear in New Horizons.
not to mention, we should be able to craft multiple things at once, especially fishing bait.

It would also be nice if we could print multiple nook miles Tickets and bell vouchers at once.

I hate that the paths dont line up with the houses. It's really annoying, because it stuffs up the whole design

I hate that the paths dont line up with the houses. It's really annoying, because it stuffs up the whole design
You also can't do a 2x2 path straight to a house, otherwise it'll look off. The bridges and inclines are all 2x2 as well, only varying in length across for bridges. You also can't blend a design under the top or bottom of an incline smoothly; this also goes for the shops & museum. I have to improvise every time, and it messes up my OCD big time.

Why can’t blathers just ask me if I want to donate my fossils instead of saying ‘I hope you’ll donate them’ and then making me select donate AGAIN
good question, that would be a lot more convenient than going through it twice.

In general I wish we could just donate stuff faster.
i wish I could give him multiple fish/bugs at once.
Well, keep in mind that in the original Animal Crossing, you couldn't even donate fossils right away. They had to be sent off to the Faraway Museum, and you would only receive up to a certain amount of verified fossils back in the mail the next day, continuing on to extra days depending on how many are sent. You also couldn't donate multiple specimens at a time unlike New Leaf and this game (that feature comes after the museum gets built I believe). The convenience of being able to donate multiple things at a time (and also the game automatically preventing duplicates from being sent) is good enough for me.

I'll admit, though, that I did this rarely on my main island when I was still collecting. I wanted to hear Blathers' explanations. On my backup island, however, I just donated multiples quickly as I just wanted to try and get it done fast.

I've been working on the achievements and the ones for catching bugs and fish are the worst imo. Your museum is full, you have the gold trophy for bug/fish off alongside all rewards and with all of that I'm at 871/5000. I can craft 3000 times, okay. But fishing 5000 times? When other achievements expect me to get rich through turnips? This isn't a fishing game. 😭

I've been working on the achievements and the ones for catching bugs and fish are the worst imo. Your museum is full, you have the gold trophy for bug/fish off alongside all rewards and with all of that I'm at 871/5000. I can craft 3000 times, okay. But fishing 5000 times? When other achievements expect me to get rich through turnips? This isn't a fishing game. 😭
Well, at least you can craft a bunch of fish bait, sit in one spot, and fish. Yeah, digging up clams and crafting bait is boring, but at least it's something. Bugs, however, takes forever as not everyone wants to catch every single bug that flies around. I think I'm about to hit the 3,000 mark on that one.

Unfortunately, fish bait does not count as a craftable furniture item, so that Nook Miles goal won't increase if you craft a bunch of bait. I wish it did.

Sometimes when you go up to villagers that have a thought bubble and talk them they are like "Oh you made me forget what I was thinking, Thank you so much" Like what? This makes no sense.....

Yea they are pretty high numbers. I am working on the bug and fish ones I am finally close to the last fish one. Need 162 more fish . The DIY tools and furniture are also taking me forever even with only crafting tools.

I wish each wardrobe type furniture that you place could give you the option of setting it to be either for clothing/dress-up or the option of being more like the storage sheds. I don't like the look of having storage sheds inside the house but I want the convenience!!

I wish each wardrobe type furniture that you place could give you the option of setting it to be either for clothing/dress-up or the option of being more like the storage sheds. I don't like the look of having storage sheds inside the house but I want the convenience!!
And I'd much rather have the fridges store food other than clothes, which could've been something to change with 2.0. Who stores clothes in a fridge anyways?

Two things really bother me in this game:
First, Nook Miles Tickets. We only can craft one at a time, and it's long, very long. I really don't understand how some of you have hundred of them. How did you do to print them all?
Similar, but crafting. It's slow (even if we can speed it up a little) and again we can only craft one item at a time. It would be amazing if, for same item, for example fish baits, we could craft more than one!

Since I am currently in a flower hell of my own making, I have some complaints:

1) Why in the world can we not put whole flowers in storage? I'm culling a ton of overgrowth of my hybrid flowers and I'd rather keep some of them stored away to be replanted instead of having to just sell them to Timmy and Tommy. I know you can throw them behind buildings and cliffs, but there's only so much room there.

2) Alternatively, why is it that we can't trample the flowers anymore? Sure, it could be disappointing to some players if they accidentally trample a hybrid in the previous games, but oh well, that's life. You can also buy hybrids from people on the Internet, whether here on the forums or in other places like Nookazon, so what does trampling some flowers matter, really? Digging up flowers individually is a slow, obnoxious process. Fill up your inventory, go to Timmy and Tommy to sell, be sure to keep customizing your shovel so it doesn't break, rinse and repeat. Awful.

THIS
I used to make my paths to bulky by making them bigger just to make it fit well but it still didn't look nice

This is an extremely petty complaint that doesn't really affect anything whatsoever, but it kind of bugs me how tiny the door is on the lighthouse item. Is there like a tiny fairy that operates the thing? Nothing else is going through that itty bitty door. Thankfully, at least, the lighthouse can be rotated so you don't need to see that part.

As such, I kind of wish that the lighthouse was bigger. It would be nice to actually be able to enter it like you could in January and February in the GameCube game when it was an actual structure, though obviously it would need to be a building again instead.

Back