• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

A Question About Hybrids

Sara

Butterfly
Bells
Cake
3 Envelopes
Is there an awesome guide that explains perfectly how to get blue roses? Has anyone here ever made them from "scratch"?

I'm not sure what you mean by making them from scratch, but there's a hybrid-making guide here.

I don't have a guide for you, but the concept isn't hard to understand, it just takes more work and time than other hybrids. :) You cannot breed them from "scratch" (I'm guessing you mean without hybrids), but the gist of it is this:

Basically, you need a "hybrid red rose" in order to breed blue roses. A hybrid red rose looks no different from a regular red rose, but it's different in that it's parents are one of the following combinations:

- Hybrid Red Rose = Orange and White Rose
- Hybrid Red Rose = Orange and Purple Rose
- Hybrid Red Rose = Red and Purple Rose

Once you have your hybrid red rose, you can start to attempt breeding blue roses with these combinations:

- Hybrid Red Rose and Hybrid Red Rose
- Orange Rose and Hybrid Red Rose

And with two or more blue roses, you can breed more blue roses straight from those.

Hope that helps, and sorry if it's not clear enough!

Making them from original roses I guess is what I mean. I heard it was highly impossible.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes that helps thanks! :)

If it was highly impossible to make them from scratch, how do people get them in the first place?

If it was highly impossible to make them from scratch, how do people get them in the first place?

I think she ment it was highly impossible because you need to make the Hybrid Red Rose before you can make a blue rose. So with normal non-hybrid flowers you cant directly make blue roses.

I found this on reddit about a week ago. It seems that success in creating a hybrid red rose was by using the orange or purple parents that had original parents that were ONLY orange, orange or purple, purple. I heard that if you were to use a purple parent to make a hybrid red rose and the purple parent was created by a white, white or something it wouldn't produce a hybrid red rose that could be used to make blue roses. I may be incorrect, and that may only be a rumor, but it's what I heard. People seem to have more success with it that way.

I ended up giving up making blue roses from scratch, and I bought two from people and have been breeding the two blue roses together since.

Last edited:
I ended up giving up making blue roses from scratch, and I bought two from people and have been breeding the two blue roses together since.

Actually, that does seem to be the most efficient way to this, if you got some spare bells for them - think they go for 100k each. I should try buying some later, too. :)

I'm going to try and make some purple roses now, so I can try this out on my private beach! Thanks :)

I've done it, but it was in the town where I TTed a lot to get new villagers in and out for my main town and friends, so I was covering a few "days" each day.

I used the "special" red rose method from a lot of the guides (a red rose bred from and orange and a purple). the goal as understood it was a purple made from 2 whites, and an orange made from 1 red and 1 yellow, that way the reds you get from those 2 hybrids contain the DNA of every possible starter rose. I actually bred and monitored even these starter hybrids really carefully as in the steps bellow....

Because one thing a lot of the guides forget to mention is contamination!

For example you plant your orange and purple roses together and see a red rose there the next day... YAY! or maybe not... One morning I saw a townie drop a regular red rose right next to hybrid pair. If I hadn't caught him in the act I'd have assumed it was a special hybrid red and my breeding attempts would have been doomed.

I used the inside the fence PWP as the breeding ground for each stage. A new red and new yellow in it to get my orange rose, then 2 whites for the purple. Townies won't tamper with anything inside, so anything new you find in in there you can be 100% sure it's got the right lineage. (Also no one can accidentally run over them)

Once I had my purple and orange I breed just the 2 of them in the fence to get the correct reds. 1st red From those I stored in my closet so that once again red number 2 would come from the purple and the orange roses for sure, and not the new red and the orange for example.

Once I had 2 "special" reds I removed the purple and orange and had only the 2 special reds in the fence.
breeding the "special" reds in the fence has all of the above benefits, and it will be easy to remember the placement of your breeding pair so you won't have to worry so much about which new non blue roses you need to remove each day. because you will need to pull out any new roses that aren't blue to prevent them from breeding instead of just your 2 special reds.

Every day I watered my "specials" reds and pulled out any non blue roses the pair made till I eventually got a blue rose.

I Honestly filled almost 1/4 of my town with the "not blue" roses I was pulling out from the starter pair. It took a long time even with regular TTing going on to get the 1st blue rose, and getting the 2nd blue rose to make a breeding pair wasn't a whole lot easier.

It is super rewarding when you finally get them though! Plus once you have two they spread like weeds!

Once you have your first blue rose, if you put it between two of your hybrid reds, so each of the reds touch the blue but not each other, you can get your second blue rose a lot quicker. :)

Thanks for that help, Lady Bro! I'm currently trying to make purple roses, and setting up an experiment while I'm at it. I'm going to make hybrid red roses from (red x red) parents, and breed them in an attempt to make blue roses. I'm also breeding white roses to get a purple rose, and I'll do purple x orange to get red roses, then use those red roses to attempt to make blue. I'm looking forward to seeing the results! Maybe it'll clear this up - but it may take a while as I don't TT!

Thanks so much for that! I tried and it took me an hour of TT but I finally got my two "special" red roses! So now it's time to try for the blue!! I'm pretty excited!

I'm mixing my orange and purple roses. Orange has RY parents and purple has WW parents. Mixing them for hybrid red. Getting excited ;3

:p I don't TT but I'm still gonna take a crack at this :p blue roses are almost as pretty as purple roses.

- - - Post Merge - - -

;P My orange rose grew today and I wasn't even trying to make it happen! I just randomely put roses everywhere and one popped up!

OMG OMG So I gave my town the beautiful ordience and tt'ed from Feb 3rd to March 1st. and checked my little private beach area where my special red roses were...and to my surprise...THERE WAS A BLUE ROSE!!!! It can be done people!!! BLUE ROSE.jpg

Back