• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

A question about amiibo cards

OctoMellow

Bells
So I have Marshals Amiibo card and decided to bring him to my island. I had a villager in boxes for him to replace. I ended up looking on some nook mile islands to see if I could find anyone else. I ended up finding Azalea, who is someone I really wanted so I decided to invite her to my island and now I can’t invite Marshal to my campsite because he’s still moving. I ended up kicking out another villager in hopes that Marshal would come but another villager moved in. I don’t know what to do, am I doomed? :(

Who's still moving? As long as you have Marshall's Amiibo card, you can invite him to your island, no matter if all the plots are filled and you get to pick who you want to kick out. So no, you aren't doomed, but you will have to invite him back three times before the option for him to move in works.

ABFBCE0B-14B9-4A97-A22D-8816E2FF8635.png

I get this message whenever I try to invite him to my campsite

I get this message whenever I try to invite him to my campsite

is there someone already on your campsite and/or are your gates open? you can move marshal in anytime regardless of who moves in, just make sure you introduce yourself to whoever moved in your spot so you get the option to replace them. keep in mind you need to scan marshal in 3 times.

To answer your question, you'll get Marshal eventually, but not by scanning his amiibo. Marshal will move into your village eventually via an empty plot. I've had this happen before, it's known as the villager voice mail glitch. It's a weird thing that happens that Nintendo never fixed. When you try to use an amiibo you can't access them and you get some variation on a message that they're not available. It's happening because Marshal is already in your void and is on the list to move in soon when an open plot comes up. Since he's already on the void list to move in, he won't come when you try to scan his amiibo for the third time.

In my case I realized what had happened was that I'd scanned my Apple amiibo twice and then visited another person's village she was moving out of. I didn't even talk to her, but she was still placed in my void and I got a similar message to what you did when I tried to scan her the third time. No matter how many times I scanned her amiibo I couldn't get her to come to the campsite. I had to wait till she eventually moved in naturally by taking an empty plot in my village. It was at that point she mentioned the name of my friend's town and I was able to confirm where and when she'd gone into my void. I don't time travel so it wasn't till two months after she entered my void that she finally chose to move in on her own and grace me with her presence. So Marshal should move in naturally eventually. I'm not sure if or how time travel would affect this. Once Marshal moves in things should go back to normal and if say Marshal came in and then you later had him move out again his Amiibo should work normally again. It isn't the Amiibo card itself that's malfunctioning.

Last edited:
To answer your question, you'll get Marshal eventually, but not by scanning his amiibo. Marshal will move into your village eventually via an empty plot. I've had this happen before, it's known as the villager voice mail glitch. It's a weird thing that happens that Nintendo never fixed. When you try to use an amiibo you can't access them and you get some variation on a message that they're not available. It's happening because Marshal is already in your void and is on the list to move in soon when an open plot comes up. Since he's already on the void list to move in, he won't come when you try to scan his amiibo for the third time.

In my case I realized what had happened was that I'd scanned my Apple amiibo twice and then visited another person's village she was moving out of. I didn't even talk to her, but she was still placed in my void and I got a similar message to what you did when I tried to scan her the third time. No matter how many times I scanned her amiibo I couldn't get her to come to the campsite. I had to wait till she eventually moved in naturally by taking an empty plot in my village. It was at that point she mentioned the name of my friend's town and I was able to confirm where and when she'd gone into my void. I don't time travel so it wasn't till two months after she entered my void that she finally chose to move in on her own and grace me with her presence. So Marshal should move in naturally eventually. I'm not sure if or how time travel would affect this. Once Marshal moves in things should go back to normal and if say Marshal came in and then you later had him move out again his Amiibo should work normally again. It isn't the Amiibo card itself that's malfunctioning.

ok I figured! Just wanted to make sure that I would eventually get him. Thanks for the clarification! ^-^

What happens if you don't have an empty plot? If you chose which resident to kick out for Marshal, but then that resident got booted by someone else, and there are no empty plots left, would Marshal (or whoever someone scanned) only move in if you let one of your animals move when they asked to leave?

@ Gurgi, If Marshal doesn't have an empty plot to move into the situation will just be at a stand-still until he does. Marshal would only move in once you have someone else move out and that creates an empty plot. He can stay in your void for a very long time until a plot opens up for him to move into, months and months at least.

It sounds like Marshal is essentially on hold until further notice. The only way he’ll move to your island is when another villager wants to leave and you happily agree to them moving on. He’ll then automatically move in which will then complete his gaming pattern that you started when scanning his amiibo card.

Funnily enough I’ve also just invited Marshal to my island and he’s the cutest squirrel ever… after Ione of course. 😊

Back