Photogenic Lawn Clippings
Bells
Switch
6537-9235-0313
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
User Title Color Change (Seashells)
Yellow Candy
Hello, fellow islanders!

A couple of days ago I asked about resetting my 2nd island, which I did, and so far I am very happy with the results.

I started out after moving everything to the main island looking for an island name.

Nothing stood out to me, and I couldn't find anything that fitted, until that is, I came across Eynhallow....

Now, as some of you may know, my main island is called Tarasaigh, after a uninhabited island of the coast of Scotland, well who'd have thought Scotland would have another gem of an uninhabited island called Eynhallow?

Eynhallow is a part of the Orkney islands, and once, and only once per year can you go and visit in July, as the Orkney Heritage Society makes a late night trip.

The trips started in the 1990's, and the island is now a bird sanctuary.

However, Eynhallow's history runs a lot deeper than that, it was said to be the summer home of the shape shifting mer-people, the Finfolk, who were eventually driven away by Guidman o' Thorodale from Evie, after one of them took his wife. He and his 3 adult sons a number of years later took matters into their own hands, and defeated them. The only building on the island, a church was erected, and the island was named Eynhallow, which means 'Holy Land'.

The island is also quite small at only 0.29 square miles across.

So, with the history of Eynhallow out of the way, and the island name chosen, I needed to decide my islander's name, I was going to go for either Brigit, or Lunete, but after a while I didn't like those names either, so I went with another I'd picked out, Maeve.

So, the island is a northern hemisphere one, it was going to be southern but it didn't feel right. I've only gotten my first 3 villagers so far, and I didn't hunt them it autofilled them which is great, so, so far I have Agnes and Bam, and then Clay, Puddles and Ellie.

Below I've added the map as it was when I started so we have something to look back on, as for the look and planning of the island, I'm just going to go with the flow baby, try and make it a bit nautical/cottagecore.

Hopefully I can make it look amazing! :D

IMG_8975.JPG

Hello fellow islanders!

So today, Mr. Nook has told me that my resident services will be closed tomorrow for it to be renovated, debating about time travelling forwards a couple of days to get it done, and then back to today so I can start moving things around.

Hopefully it won't be too long till I can terraform, and in the meantime, I might go on some dream tours, and get some inspiration for what I want to do :D

Here's how the maps looking atm, going to go villager hunting after I've upgraded and just go with who I get rather than use my amiibos :D

IMG_8977.JPG

Hello fellow islanders!

Today on Eynhallow, the hunt for villagers began!

Started off by checking out my first camper (who I'd have to move in anyway), and it was none other than my favourite clown, Pietro. Now Pietro splits a lot of hairs in the AC community, but I love the lil guy, so I'm super happy I've gotten him!

Next up I went to some random islands, first island I found the lazy pooch, Bones, invited that cutie to live on Eynhallow, tried going to another island to get someone else, but no luck, guess that's a tomorrow job.

But, here's today's map update as well :D

image0.jpeg

Hello Fellow Islanders!

Today on Eynhallow begins our hunt for the next villager, the 8th in total!

First island in, and Crackle, or Spork is the villager on this island. I like him, but I already have a lazy, so next island we go :D

Second island, Naomi is the villager in residence, she seems nice, but not my type, on we go :D I did think she was Julian for a bit though, saw the blue hooves :'D

Third island is Tank. Not a fan, moving on :'D

Fourth up is Reneigh. Now I'm not a fan of most of the Uchi villagers, but Reneigh is one of the ones I like, so, Reneigh, welcome to Eynhallow :D Plus, Reneigh is the only one of the new villagers to NH that I've seen so :D

Now villager number 8 is sorted, I've got a load of fossils to check, and some more outdoor furniture to set out, but hopefully, the 3 stars for KK won't be far off! :D

As always, a map update below :D

IMG_9022.JPG

Hello Fellow Islanders!

Today on Eynhallow we're looking for villager number 9, and moving Reneigh in, according to Isabelle, we're still at 1 star, and need more villagers, so I'm hoping plan A of moving Reneigh in will help, if not, plan B or island hopping is what we'll do :D

If plan A works, I'll leave moving everyone else in till I've got some of the island planned and sorted :D

So plan A is working, we just need more stuff in :D More flowers are needed, so thought I might as well go for another villager while getting flowers from mystery islands :D

Gladys is on island number one, and though I seriously considered her, it's a no :L

Celia is our number two, had her as a started on the original 2nd island, she's cute, but not what I'm after :)

Vic is our 3rd mystery islander, and again, it's a no... :L

Victoria is number 4, and again, it's a no, I like her, but she's not what I'm after :L

Klaus is number 5, I like his Greek look, but he's not what I'm after :L

Final villager is, DOM! Gonna grab him cause he's another newbie, and again, a Jock, which I don't mind :D

No map update today, cause it's not changed much :'D​

Hello, Fellow Islanders!

Woweee, things have progress on Eynhallow since yesterday!

Let's start with the smaller stuff, Reneigh has asked to move out, I've said yes, debating whether it was the right decision, but at least I can go island hunting again! I also finally made Eynhallow's flag, I'll include a photo of it below.

Now, onto the juicy details, after planting what felt like the motherlode of flowers, Isabelle finally told me, we had 3 stars, so I got the concert out of the way, thanks for coming K.K., but mama needs to terraform!

I only had enough miles to get the waterscaping tool, and cleared the river initially, but then I got enough for the cliff and the dirt path, so I'll be starting on that today. I'm only going to get rid of the 3rd level of cliffs, then after that I'll be making a rough plan. I've been going to a lot of dream addresses, so I have a vague idea of what I want to do.

So below as usual, is the map currently, if I make significant changes to it by the end of the day, which I'm not sure I will, I'll update it again!

IMG_9031.JPG

The Town Flag

IMG_9032.JPG

The Town Map ATM

Hello again, Fellow Islanders!

So, I've been a busy beaver tonight, working away at my island plan. I know I said I wouldn't but it's only a rough plan so I have some sort of direction for where I'm going.

I've got a few idea for what I want to have on the island, but I'll leave those as a surprise for future diary updates!

The plan isn't to scale, and also is obviously not going to be as linear as it appears :D

I like the idea of having my villagers tiered, and they'll have little waterfalls behind each house too, well inbetween.

I also like the idea of having my resident services partly surrounded, and having a waterfall behind it. Still need to plan where Maeve will live, so :D

Eynhallow Plan 14-01-20.jpg

Hello again, fellow islanders!

It's been a while since I updated Eynhallow's diary, so here's a big one.

I've now got the majority of the terraforming done, the cliffs are all built up, and the majority of the river is done, but I'm not sure if I'm liking it entirely. See with it being winter, and winter being a bit of a downer for most folks, seeing the whole place covered in snow is just not inspiring me, and I can hear you say, 'Helen, why not TT?'. Well dear friend, I don't particularly want to, to be honest, I want to just play it at the normal pace. With that being said, I'm going to wait for the snow to clear before I carry on, or make any major decisions.

I've now got my 10 villagers in though, and am in the process of replacing the ones which I don't want on the island, and have moved a few of the houses and the shop to where I want them to go, but as I said, I'm not sure if I 100% like what I've done, so I might go back to the drawing board after the snow goes and replan the island slightly.

I'll include the progress photos in the post below as there's quite a few as I've been quite busy with it even though I've not posted on here.

So, we'll see what the spring holds for Eynhallow and my continuing plans for it :)

IMG_9032 (1).JPG

The original before I finished flattening it, and got rid of the river

IMG_9134.JPG

Progress on the cliffs

IMG_9135.JPG

Progress on the river

IMG_9136.JPG

Progress on moving the houses

IMG_9137.JPG

The current state of Eynhallow​

Hello again, fellow islanders!

It has been a while since my last Eynhallow updated, but do I have an update.

I've been quietly beavering away, getting things set up, and I feel like about half of the island is done now. We have some new villagers since last time, Blanche and Vivian, and Pietro is moving out today.

So, what is it I've done, I hear you ask, well, for one I have all but 2 of the houses and campsite in position. I'm going to work on the area for the campsite I think before I move the last two houses. I've also made my orchard, my shrine to lost items, and the museum is mostly done.

Still no idea where to put my house, but there you go.

I have to say, doing the 2nd island, and seeing other people's islands is making me really want to remodel Tarasaigh, but I don't know if I have the strength to go through a 3rd remodel :'D

Anyway, below are some photos from the island of a few of the areas and how they're looking, as well as the town map currently :D

Thanks for checking in with Eynhallow, see you later! <3​

Hello fellow islanders!

So today's update is not a surprise. Eynhallow will be no more as soon as I've moved the stuff I'm keeping to my main island. I've not touched it in months, maybe even a year. Part of the reason I wanted a 2nd island is I love designing islands so much, but can't delete my original.

As for the new 2nd island, I have a couple of ideas, mainly Greek mythology-based, maybe with a little hint of witchcraft too. My main idea is based on the 4 wind Gods of Greek myth, but we'll see what I go with, there'll be a journal, obviously.

For now,
though, it's bye Eynhallow, below are some of my favorite areas I did:

IMG_3462.JPG

IMG_3463.JPG

IMG_3467.JPG

Back