Mafia TBT Mini Mafia VII: Bioshock - Unrest in Rapture [Game Over/Town Win]

I might as well lay it all out there:

As this game round started, I was given weakest of the roles in the Town lineup (The Townie), so I decided I would try and make the most out of it nonetheless by acting in the thread as if the role I had was very powerful and that I would be a threat to the scum. But it did not work out as intended. Instead I just seemed really scummy myself, and came across as arrogant.

I was intentionally trying to come across as way more useful and dangerous than I really am, in an attempt to get the Scum players to categorize me with the strong veteran players rather than the not-so-threatening ones, hoping that they would perhaps waste a night kill on me early on instead of killing off a more important role. But it misfired dramatically, and I crossed the line too far, and looking back at it I ended up doing more harm than good with the distractions it caused for the Town.

I attempted to do some damage control and dropped subtle hints by saying that "It is just a game" and whatnot so people would perhaps figure out that this was part of my tactics, but I think it was too little and too late. It was a rather stupid tactic - I can see that now. And in the end I messed up royally! Oops! Really very sorry!

Please know that I had the best of intentions, though. Hope Town wins this. Godspeed!

ciPerZU.jpg

I see that a majority has been reached. My green blood will soon be spilled. Consider this my farewell post, I suppose. Sorry for messing up and coming on so strong. A tactical error on my part, no doubt.

2GjhxmO.png

Loud, angry voices echoed off of the stone floors of Apollo Square. The remaining sane few in Rapture stood in a circle, flinging accusations at each other. "It's him!" "No it's him!" "I don't want to kill anyone!" They just couldn't agree on anything.

The group had all congregated in Apollo Square, near Olympus Heights, as this was an open place where they could watch each other. They had spent hours standing here arguing, pointing fingers and bringing up evidence. One of the accused, Sataric, spoke up: "Give me a chance! Just give me a chance and I swear I'll prove myself." All eyes immediately shifted to him. "I've always tried my hardest and I think I'm a valuable asset to our group...." he stammered. "Bah! How cocky are you!" someone retorted with a sneer from the crowd. Others nodded in agreement. "He thinks so highly of himself! I say we get rid of him now!" another shouted up from the rabble, throwing their fist into the air. The murmurs in the group quickly turned into loud calls for Sataric's head on a spike.

They mobbed Sataric, grabbing his arms and legs, as they carted him off towards the ruins of Olympus Heights. The wealthy always had escape pods attached to their apartments, should life in Rapture go south. Many had been unused because the ADAM addiction had been a slow poison, by the time they could have gone in the pod, they were already insane. The group carried Sataric into the closest apartment with an escape pod still attached to the large metal hatch. The pods had also deteriorated from disuse, the doors that were supposed to close when the pod detached were malfunctioning. "Well lets get him out of here!" someone said as they punched the red button on the wall, which made the metal hatch grind open slightly, big enough to fit a body through. Sataric was shoved through the opening and the red button was pushed again, sealing the hatch. He jumped up, pounding his fists on the cold metal, yelling "Wait please! Please I'm innocent I swear!" His words fell on deaf ears and his heart sunk to his toes as he heard the old metal hydraulics began to detach from the hatch. The pod shot away from the wall, not taking Sataric with it because the doors didn't shut.

Icy cold water immediately flooded his lungs, while the pressure around him attempted to push it back out. He thrashed around in the water for a few short, terror-filled seconds, hands clutching his chest. The pressure of the bottom of the ocean crushed his lungs within seconds. Sataric's body grew still, floating for a moment as green blood trickled from his open mouth.

Sataric, the Citizen of Rapture, couldn't handle the pressure.

Town Remaining: 13/14
Mafia Remaining: 4/4
3rd Party Remaining: 2/2

Players remaining: 19/20

Mafia KP = 3 (# of mafia/2, rounded up + 1 for godfather)

You have 24 hours to send in all actions. Night One ends May 6th, 12:00 AM AEST time (9:00 AM Central Time). Good luck.

Last edited:
At the very least, the detective might have somewhere to start now.

Jer why do you think I am a distraction? I tried to contribute by writing a case on Sataric.

So from what I see, cory lead that band wagon and look what happened, not a blue role but a townie. I hope one of the detectives will think carefully about who you check!

Jer why do you think I am a distraction? I tried to contribute by writing a case on Sataric.

I never said that, I just don't think there was good enough reason to start that bandwagon. Perhaps if it was started against someone else, we would have been off to a less meaningless conversation. I'm not implying that you're mafia because I have no idea, but I still don't understand why that bandwagon was started entirely.

I think people were following the fact that it was sataric. His attitude was why most people followed. His attitude towards the thought of him being lynched.

But this is also how bandwagons start, it's all well and good calling cory and superpigeon out, but if we witch hunt and cause a bandwagon, we're no better. I do urge detectives to check.

It was both Superpenguin and I who encouraged Cory when he said he wanted to make a case on Sataric - which I believe he based on a (public!) group conversation in #belltree where there was more than just the three of us in agreement. I was intrigued to see what Cory would come up with: he hasn't really presented a case before and I wanted to see what he was capable of. I was even impressed with the result.

It was both Superpenguin and I who encouraged Cory when he said he wanted to make a case on Sataric - which I believe he based on a (public!) group conversation in #belltree where there was more than just the three of us in agreement. I was intrigued to see what Cory would come up with: he hasn't really presented a case before and I wanted to see what he was capable of. I was even impressed with the result.

Cory said:
oath2order said:
Cory said:
oath2order said:
Cory said:
oath2order said:
I'm sure you're not going to say it in the thread because it might influence their posting behavior and therefore make it difficult to make your case. I'm curious, who are you looking to make a case on?
Satartic.

Hm, that could be an interesting case. I look forward to seeing it. Are you doing it on day one or no?
It depends on if she posts more or not. If it is day 1 it will be in the later part of day 1.

Well, good luck. I'm probably not gonna make day one cases because of how well that went over in Supernatural Mafia >.>
Thanks, but don't criticize it too much because this will be my first legit case.

I encouraged it a bit too >>>

I encouraged it a bit too >>>

its not about who did what really, its more the band wagon was done and we didnt get what we want. Now I would think that mafia would go for the stronger players who are more of a threat such as Oath, TRUNDLE and SuperPigeon. Now I personally don't know whether Cory is Mafia or Town[/COLOR] aligned, only time will tell, but the bandwagon he lead did not help his case but mistakes are made!

- - - Post Merge - - -

god ****, i messed that up.

its not about who did what really, its more the band wagon was done and we didnt get what we want. Now I would think that mafia would go for the stronger players who are more of a threat such as Oath, TRUNDLE and SuperPigeon. Now I personally don't know whether Cory is Mafia or Town[/COLOR] aligned, only time will tell, but the bandwagon he lead did not help his case but mistakes are made!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I did not mean to start a bandwagon.
I guess I'll say it for the 15th ****ing time though. I WAS SUMMARIZING EVERYONE'S THOUGHTS!
You guys wanted me to be a helpful town member, I try to be one, and all I get are criticisms and votes. Well guess what, I have another case planned for tomorrow so get ****ing ready.

I did not mean to start a bandwagon.
I guess I'll say it for the 15th ****ing time though. I WAS SUMMARIZING EVERYONE'S THOUGHTS!
You guys wanted me to be a helpful town member, I try to be one, and all I get are criticisms and votes. Well guess what, I have another case planned for tomorrow so get ****ing ready.

If you are trying to get revenge you are digging your own grave. You did well but SP helped you

- - - Post Merge - - -

I agree.

The doctors and detectives should know how to protect and inspect. Vigilantes, as usual, I'd recommend holding off on night one shots unless you have strong evidence that someone is scum.

Back