• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Housing can get so frustrating!

Aurora

Old School Member
Bells
*DISCLAIMER*I still love this game, don't get me wrong, but sometimes my mind is blown by how stupid certain things are when it comes to housing! Does anyone else feel my frustration?**

I just reset my town. Why? Because I had a bridge next to my house and I wanted to move it over an inch, so I demolished it. Next day I ask Isabelle to build a bridge in almost the same spot, she can't. I try the original spot... she says no, I try all around that area of the river, nope. So there was no easy way for me to get around town without that bridge, so I reset.

So I'm with Nook searching for a new spot for my house, and I find the perfect spot but he can't build there because of a rock, so I just settle with a less appealing location. Then later on, I go back to that rock with a shovel and hit it... and it smashes into pieces leaving a nice open space. REALLY, GAME? REALLY? I mean if it was a permanent rock then yeah sure but it wasn't! I could have had that perfect spot! Argh!

Once again, I love this game very much... but isn't that just my luck to have those situations happen haha

This actually made me laugh, sorry. :3
At least you find a new spot to build your house and you'll grow to love it!

This actually made me laugh, sorry. :3
At least you find a new spot to build your house and you'll grow to love it!
I actually laughed too. I mean, my luck... it just isn't there today lol. Glad someone else can get some humor out of this.

HahahahahahahahaHAAAAA!!! Oh man, I'm sorry but that's way too funny. :p Unfortunate, but funny! I hope you can get your housing location all figured out and be happy with it. And thanks for a laugh. :D

There's a rock next to my house and I was hoping it would be a gem rock because there was another rock literally inches away. Alas, it was not. But I don't really mind the rock though.

HahahahahahahahaHAAAAA!!! Oh man, I'm sorry but that's way too funny. :p Unfortunate, but funny! I hope you can get your housing location all figured out and be happy with it. And thanks for a laugh. :D
Haha yeah! But sometimes I mean honestly... Isabelle, I want to smack her with a net. Like GIRL did you NOT JUST SEE A BRIDGE THERE YESTERDAY? Why can't there be one TODAY?! You aren't even MAYOR let me make the decisions and choose whether the location works or not I mean YOU'RE NOT A CONTRACTOR OKAY

Aurora, try, try again. You'll find the right plot, map layout! Yes, I agree- why not give us an option to alter any layout minimally?

There's a rock next to my house and I was hoping it would be a gem rock because there was another rock literally inches away. Alas, it was not. But I don't really mind the rock though.
Yeah but at least you've got 2 rocks right there if you choose to search for the bell rock, which I do everyday.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Aurora, try, try again. You'll find the right plot, map layout! Yes, I agree- why not give us an option to alter any layout minimally?

Right?! I still settled with my layout despite the rock catastrophe. I just have to... rebuild the bridges... but I'm going to be so freaking careful about it oh my god so careful.

Yeah but at least you've got 2 rocks right there if you choose to search for the bell rock, which I do everyday.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Right?! I still settled with my layout despite the rock catastrophe. I just have to... rebuild the bridges... but I'm going to be so freaking careful about it oh my god so careful.

The other rock turned out to be the gem rock. Just not the one next to my house.

Yeah, I actually have a rock in the way of planned bushes, and now I have to place flowers there in place of the bushes, and aargh.

My other rocks are fine, could deal without them, but they're fine.

What I don't get is if they can bulldoze trees, and make buildings happen over night why can they not move a rock? xD

I don't see why we couldn't draw the map, and just have some set rules, like 60 squares of river, 5 spaces all around rocks (so no rocks right next to each other, a minimum amount of beach etc...

Those rocks... today I was planting fruit trees around the the plaza to make a nice tree barrier, but no, Mr. Rock decided to build his house in the perfect spot for a tree.

I hate my town too mainly because I hate almost all my villagers.

I don't see why we couldn't draw the map, and just have some set rules, like 60 squares of river, 5 spaces all around rocks (so no rocks right next to each other, a minimum amount of beach etc...

Exactly. Minimum restrictions on the # of rocks, the length of the river, starting trees, ponds, etc... Such a lemon system. :(

Yeahhh my map has started bugging me. Now that my house is out of place, the river takes forever to get around. I don't even care about holding items anymore I'm starting from scratch

I agree the rocks are annoying sometimes. I had a place I wanted to build my cafe, but a rock was in the way. I found a decent alternative, but still. One or two of my rocks are sitting in places that would be perfect for building lots of things.

Back