• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Landmark Contest (READ)

Bulerias

Co-Founder of TBT
Retired Staff
Bells
Hello, and welcome to the Landmark Contest, in honor of TBT getting to 10,000 posts! The goal of it is to post what you would do that would help The Bell Tree if you became an Admin. I will pick the best and most creative entry. Entries need to be at least 2 sentences long. The winner gets the Temp rank of YOUR CHOICE, with an sn color of YOUR CHOICE!!!

Oh yeah, and I decide when the deadline is; probably when 5 plus people post their entries.

If i became an Admin, i would do my best to make everyone happy, to do that i would talk to people in the spam board. since admins are able to edit other proples posts, i would use that to make this Forum a Positive influence in everyones lives, by keeping Spam at a minimum (spam is funny sometimes :D) and making sure people don't try to kill eachother (although im pretty sure you cant strangle anyone through a computer screen :p)

in short, i would be like SHAUN

:p

If I became an admin, I would try to fix speeling mistakes in posts (yeah... right <_< ). I would try to keep spam to a minimum, as it is a big problem. Also I would try to get a chat board put in, like the one they have at nientendo block.

If I were an admin I would of coarse be on often to help out others and check up on things. I would make any needed boards and threads. I would try to host games and maybe hold contests in a live chatroom! Not only this but I would try to make some cool games that contest couold be held at. May be games like tetris or asteroids, cool old school games like that! And of coarse try to host on-line games and such to have the forum participate in!

If I were an Admin I would send every member PM's on what they would like to se on this forum. I would also make a forum just for guests to suggest things they would want and stuff that other guests want. I would also have a chat board of the finest quality even if I have to pay for it. What I am trying to say is I do not want to lead just another website or Forum. I want to make a community where everyone can find there place in the forum that I am Administrating. I would spend every penny that I own if that is what it takes to have a great forum. I may be leading the forum, but it does not mean it is only for me.

Out of all of these entries.... well, I think I have an idea of who will be the winner.... I really need more entries soon!

If I was an Admin of The Bell Tree, I would be sure to always be fair to everyone and not abuse my powers. I would not use my status for myself, I would help others if they needed an post or name edited. I would be sure that I was fair to everyone and not be a jerk or anything like that. I would always try to moderate discussion and add my input as much as possible. I would be sure that everyone doesn't seem pressured in to playing a certain way or playing certain games. Even people I don't like will mee at mask of indifference in front of me. I would also make going to TBT fun and engaging for all through games and contests. That is what I would do if I was an ADMIN of TBT.

:<_>: I just swallowed my gum for the first time in 7 years! Yay!

Oops, I meant "If I was an ADMIN of The Bell Tree" not "If I was a Bell Tree".

That's anotehr example of what I would do, edit my posts.

PIKMIN042, I love this sentence... -

"I would be sure that everyone doesn't seem pressured in to playing a certain way or playing certain games."

Ehem...

If I were an admin, I would help control innapropriate messages and flaming, I would help people with technical difficulties, and I would think up new message boards. I would also come up with more avatars, bio options, and just more options throughout the forums. I would try hard to make these forums better.

OK, the top-three entries, in no particular order!

PIKMIN042, SATURNBOY, and BAMBAM!

And the winner is....

PIKMIN042!!!!!!!!!!! Please PM me with what sn color you want and what title you want.

And to everyone else.... bah, I'll give all of you 50 Bells apiece.

BULERIAS said:

"I would be sure that everyone doesn't seem pressured in to playing a certain way or playing certain games."

Ehem...
What do you mean?

What I mean by "Not forcing a way to play" is that I would not make people not use codes or AR, I would let them play the way they want.

What I mean by "Not forcing certain games" is that I would not make people play only games I like or put down games that they like.

PIKMIN042 said:
BULERIAS said:

Ehem...
What do you mean?

What I mean by "Not forcing a way to play" is that I would not make people not use codes or AR, I would let them play the way they want.

What I mean by "Not forcing certain games" is that I would not make people play only games I like or put down games that they like.
Oh ok, I thought it was because I PM'd you with this, "Check the Landmark Contest at TBT HQ! GREAT PRIZES!!!" NVM.

Back