• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How often do you cuss?

Sometimes. I'm more than fine with swearing internally, though externally it depends on the situation and my emotional state at that moment. Though even then, I try to avoid it in certain places (like here, lol, as well as work) and certain situations no matter what.

All the time when I'm at home with my bf (usually raging at games 🙈). Not when I'm out with friends or family and every now and then at work if I'm very upset cuz a customer was mean or rude.

Almost never to be honest. I find that there are better ways to get my point across to somebody than just cursing at them. ;)

Not often, it doesn’t bother me when other people cuss or that I’m against it. I just save it to either be funny or to let people know how angry I am. I’m usually a pretty chill person so if I’m suddenly dropping F bombs at you when I don’t normal cuss, you know you’ve angered me or I’m upset about something.

not gonna lie, i have literally never sworn at any point in my life
in fact i actually get nervous when people do swear in a slightly aggressive tone, so my family tend to be careful swearing around me 😅

I used to be one of those kids that complained when they hear their parents curse. Now I’ll do it when I’m particularly annoyed. Given how rarely that happens, I don’t have to worry about.

Back three years later to confirm that I’m still basically a sailor when it comes to language. I live alone in a college dorm now, so basically the only person who hears me swear is me. I’ve toned it down to only be a reaction to pain or annoyance, with the exception of posting online sometimes. I still can’t swear within earshot in the house though, so that hasn’t changed.

I very rarely curse. I’m more apt to curse via text than I am in person, but even then I don’t do it tons. When we aren’t in a pandemic I work with children and I find the easiest way to make sure I don’t accidentally swear in front of them is to just not swear at all.

It depends on where I am and who I am with. At home with my husband or out with close friends, I curse quite a lot just during the course of normal conversation. I'm not cursing at anybody in particular. I view curse words as just words and use them when they make the most sense to express what I am thinking or feeling.

I was raised not to use curse words at home so I NEVER do so around my parents or older family members. I think they would be shocked to learn that I curse at all, much less how often I curse when they aren't around. I also never curse in certain settings like at a church, at work, or around small children. I also obviously don't curse on the internet because anyone of any age may see it, so I keep it clean.

irl - rarely cuz family
online - sometimes

In my younger years, I did it often but only when emotions ran high, be it good or bad. As I got older, I now only do it when I am alone or only in my head.

bruh idk how I never replied to this thread lmao

I swear a lot. I don't do it around my parents cause my mom still sees me as a baby lol 🥺
but yeah I say it w like every single commentary I make abt something, especially talking to friends, watching tv/movies, or playing games. I usually just use it as humor, rarely ever to get anger across.

Daily for sure. I am good at turning it off when I am in a situation where swearing would be inappropriate though.

Back