• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Benefits of having a 2nd game

Arthropod

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
My sister has acnl and a 2ds, none of which she uses so I was wondering what the possible advantages could be.

The benefits so far:

- A place to do trades, in case you get a malicious visitor it isn't on your main.
- A second campsite to get villagers from
- Set bell boom ordinance and catch beetles there so that the main town can have a different ordinance
- Have more villagers to trade OR more spaces for dreamies
- Plant tons of fruit and turnips to sell
- Visit back and forth for train station unlock
- Two main streets to shop from
- Storage
- A possible second themed village
- More space for breeding flowers
- Resetting to get all perfect fruit

Last edited:
I'll assume you would ask her first - although she isn't playing she may have a fondness for her town and might not want to give it up, that is, see it deleted. It could upset her a lot.
If she wants to keep her town, you could ask to play it & hence progress it, hopefully it has a different native fruit to yours.
There are a lot of advantages of having two towns. (trading, signature petitions, villagers, events etc).

If she does allow you to reset, well I would still check the town out first, and move over everything you can before you do so (items in storage, save letters, bank a/c; for all characters).
If the town has been played sufficient hours and the town tree large enough you may be able to sell it to Nook rather than just straight resetting.

Last edited:
^ true
I have two 3DS's one XL one I have had for 8 years and tiny screen I have two games and my friend has a town on that one I look after it for her but when I reset my own town on my new 3DS I store my rare stuff in her town then I take it back but leave some as a present.

You can use it as a cycling town and let it have the bell boom ordinance so you can sell beetles and fruit in that town. Make sure it has a different native fruit then your town does so you can get even more bells for your (perfect) fruit.

I have two 3DS consoles and a town on each. I'd stopped playing for a while, so I'm working on getting one town back in shape before tackling the other.

I don't have the most reliable internet at home, so I used it to visit back and forth, going for my badges and train station unlock. It also made it nice to have two Main Streets to shop from, as well as when I wanted to dabble in the Stalk Market.

my second copy and ds is japanese so i get jp region events and spotpass stuff lol

You could use her town to store some of your flowers or furniture that you don't have room for but would still like to keep. I'm a hoarder and have my mayor and 2 other characters but I still don't seem to have enough storage. You could also improve her town and go with a different theme or something. Like have one town all fairy and girly and have the other town with a forest theme. There are endless possibilities! You could also have more than 10 dreamies! Like have your favorite 10 in your town and keep the others in her town.

I use my spare town to allow friends to get their weeding badge. Also I t/t on spare to get good turnip price on a sunday morning and I keep buying tons of turnips and going over to sell them, I made millions this way. Also good for storing things for you, also selling the fruit in my other town.

Cycle! town! A place to do trades, in case you get a malicious visitor it isn't on your main. Another campsite/campground, a second set of shops to look through. A extra source of flowers. If you have the time and funds I would go for it.

I have two save files and on two devices, and for me it's a life saver.
You have two chances each day to get certain items, you can trade and sell items like perfect fruit which sell for a fortune in another town and I also find it just stops the game from getting boring as If I get bored on one save file I could just play the other :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hope this helps :p

p.s. I do recommend getting permission from your sister first Lol xx

Wow, very helpful!
Before I decided she told me she wouldn't mind. It didn't have much done in the town and the tree wasn't full sized.
The benefits so far:

- A place to do trades, in case you get a malicious visitor it isn't on your main.
- A second campsite to get villagers from
- Set bell boom ordinance and catch beetles there so that the main town can have a different ordinance
- Have more villagers to trade OR more spaces for dreamies
- Plant tons of fruit and turnips to sell
- Visit back and forth for train station unlock
- Two main streets to shop from
- Storage
- A possible second themed village
- More space for breeding flowers
- Resetting to get all perfect fruit

Basically can be another gorgeous town to create or money maker, or inbetween I guess.

Back