• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Super Smash Brothers: Mafia! - Volume 2 - Mafia Win

I'm just looking at it from a mathematical point of view. Since there's 15 of us, the majority is most likely to be town. There was 5 mafia in the last game and 3 known third party. So to me, 7 4 and 4 seems like a logical amount to me.
For what its worth, there were 2 known 3rd party - me and natty. Why the increase to 4 neutrals from "3" last game?

But last game was horrendously scumsided with that setup, for what its worth. That isnt typical. 7:4:4 would mean mafia already has parity lol (7 town vs 8 non-town)

not really feeling bowie, half his posts are filler and those comments about rqs just seems semi illogical esp since dolby did the exact same last game. also his phrasing 'instantly suspicious', just seems weird, by all means he may be right but someone starting off the game imo shouln't automatically be labeled 'instantly suspicious', also don't rly know what he has to back this up it's not like that is the case in most games ive played, dolby is a confident player afterall if someone a little more reserved started them i may find it odd but idk, just seems hes grasping at nothing a bit

I agree, it almost seems like he's trying to give Bowie a pass of some sort because Dolby usually takes the town leader and so anything he says goes. Which I dislike because other players may be ignored and invalidated or even sussed for having a different opinion from him and his bandwagoners.

All right, after a quick skim of the thread I think Dolby and Heyden are the most suspicious, although Dolby just seems passionate. Still, we should keep our eye on him

All right, after a quick skim of the thread I think Dolby and Heyden are the most suspicious, although Dolby just seems passionate. Still, we should keep our eye on him
mind explaining why your thoughts are what they are?

Also, considering idk who you are - what's your mafia experience?

Nobody had Dolby in their initial reads, despite him being the most active player at the very beginning. I just think it's important to consider every possibility.

But I always have this guess, like I said. I can't really elaborate much more.

I agree, it almost seems like he's trying to give Bowie a pass of some sort because Dolby usually takes the town leader and so anything he says goes. Which I dislike because other players may be ignored and invalidated or even sussed for having a different opinion from him and his bandwagoners.

what do u mean by give bowie a pass?

Why mention Dolby here and not me when I townread Bowie as well?

mind explaining why your thoughts are what they are?

Also, considering idk who you are - what's your mafia experience?

Sure. Dolby seems super jumpy and quick to jump on someone to accuse - which is understandable if that's how he usually plays. I just tend to distrust players who are super "out there" at the start of the game, because as someone who's been mafia before, a good way to get suspicion off of you is to be active early on in the game, so people don't suspect you because of lurking.

As for experience, I've played mafia for a couple years on a different forum, and a few games on epicmafia, although the other forum I play on is much slower there than it is here. Like most game threads would be 10-11 pages, and we already have 17 pages night 1 :p This is my first game here so I'm having to adjust to how much quicker it is here :p

Nobody had Dolby in their initial reads, despite him being the most active player at the very beginning. I just think it's important to consider every possibility.

But I always have this guess, like I said. I can't really elaborate much more.
what do you mean by initial reads, there hasn't been any reads in the thread at all?

what do u mean by give bowie a pass?

A free "town pass", which means he uses something Bowie said to rid him of suspicion. He originally suspected Bowie for inactivity (when nobody had even posted) and later retracted his statement after he posted a simple comment which he saw as a town tell, Bowie's posts have been filler so far so town reading someone for making a comment about third parties is weird. It isn't enough to go off.

I think Bowie is hard to read. He was accused almost immediately but his responses haven't been too informative.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Where are you seeing that Endless (Abe) is scumreading Heyden? Looks like he's nullreading him to me.

"I also have an opposite read on Heyden's post to Kat.
This is because I think Heyden's post suggesting that the mafia team must have Dolby, I or Cleb in it was genuine. (Meaning he's either mafia with Dolby, or Cleb, if he is mafia)"

Is that not a light scumread on Heyden, or am I misreading it?

Why mention Dolby here and not me when I townread Bowie as well?

You didn't suspect him and didn't seem like you're trying to distance yourself from him in the first like Dolby did, his RQS seemed like he wanted to put distance between Bowie and then the second thing Bowie posts he's like "oh wow this is a tow tell 100%"

Although I don't like you said: "Bowie's posts feel really damn townie to me" when he had literally only made two posts at the time of your post.

I forgot to ask this earlier by the way, why would you "**** your pants" if Bowie was mafia?

A free "town pass", which means he uses something Bowie said to rid him of suspicion. He originally suspected Bowie for inactivity (when nobody had even posted) and later retracted his statement after he posted a simple comment which he saw as a town tell, Bowie's posts have been filler so far so town reading someone for making a comment about third parties is weird. It isn't enough to go off.

mm i agree. also his comment seemed almost forced, i don't see anyone asking him to elaborate on his lack of third parties in his rqs and yet he decided to anyway. then again i kinda see where dolby is coming from a bit so who knows lol (wouldn't town lean him for it tho)

tow tell + town tell, sorry.

- - - Post Merge - - -

mm i agree. also his comment seemed almost forced, i don't see anyone asking him to elaborate on his lack of third parties in his rqs and yet he decided to anyway. then again i kinda see where dolby is coming from a bit so who knows lol (wouldn't town lean him for it tho)

Which is why it's weird. Why would Dolby, a more experienced player, do something like that? I would expect more points for a town read on someone from him.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You didn't suspect him and didn't seem like you're trying to distance yourself from him in the first like Dolby did, his RQS seemed like he wanted to put distance between Bowie and then the second thing Bowie posts he's like "oh wow this is a tow tell 100%"

Although I don't like you said: "Bowie's posts feel really damn townie to me" when he had literally only made two posts at the time of your post.

I forgot to ask this earlier by the way, why would you "**** your pants" if Bowie was mafia?

* Although I don't like what you said

I'm terrible at typing, sorry. :(

tow tell + town tell, sorry.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Which is why it's weird. Why would Dolby, a more experienced player, do something like that? I would expect more points for a town read on someone from him.

dolby does have p strong town leans from the start of games though iirc he did last game too so it's not like that weird for him, i just don't really agree with his reasoning i guess. im null on dolby tbh im more suspicious of bowie rn

dolby does have p strong town leans from the start of games though iirc he did last game too so it's not like that weird for him, i just don't really agree with his reasoning i guess. im null on dolby tbh im more suspicious of bowie rn

I have him on null too, Bowie is a slight scum read right now because of the amount of filler posts.

Back