Mafia Super Smash Brothers: Mafia! - Volume 2 - Mafia Win

@Abe Day ends in a day and a few hours, to answer your question. We got time.

Gonna reread a lot of the recent interactions, I feel like I'm missing something big. Meanwhile tho, good music if you care: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXigFDxNUeI

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Sensai Lemme give you the advice Abe gave me last game: its good to reply to accusations, but you want to also focus on contributing as well. Its not good to dwell on **** otherwise.

I'll give my read when I'm ready to

So what sort of information could I be hiding then, like you claim? Your also forgetting that SU mafia was my first game so 'acting' as town was probably the only thing I could do, but also would you not get defensive when people are making false alligations against you? Would you not fight for your cause? Because me being defensive is perfectly reasonable when you have a user like yourself accusing me of hiding something when there isn't anything to hide and of being mafia.
When I saw you're hiding information, I mean you're not comfortable in thread. (Often a side effect of having information you don't want to reveal AKA pr/mafia)
If I've offended you or come off as an overly aggressive player, I apologise. My intent is to discern your alignment, not back you into a corner. If you are town, then you've got nothing to worry about.
I implore you to spend your time, when you can, to explain what you were thinking as you come to a conclusion or your thought process leading up to a read. It doesn't sound like it'd do much, but it's incredibly hard for mafia to fake a legitimate thought process, so the more transparent your play is, the more obviously you'll be town.

@Kat Sweet. Time to let the sweet, sweet blanket of sleep roll over me.

woah too many aesthetically pleasing posts on this page I feel like I'm breaking the trend but on mobile and my reads aren't ready yet rip
meanwhile...

@kat:
1) re: Bowie -- do 2 third parties make sense in this setup? esp since one of them was a SK? in SU, there were more players and also 2 third parties (with no killing power) so just wondering on your opinion. everyone else is welcome to answer this too perhaps in particular @endless and @dolby?
2) re: Heyden -- interesting on what you said about heyden's tomorrow thing. Did he say it during the night phase? I'll go back and check when I have time, but maybe he meant physically tomorrow not game tomorrow? Aussie time zones screw things up but nonetheless good catch.
3) re: Cleb -- huh. Granted, I don't know him as well as you do but I'd peg Cleb as the type with enough guts to do something like this as maf (@cleb if you read this yes yes even if you're being uncharacteristic I'm just saying)
1) Honestly I dunno, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless town was buffed out the wazoo to compensate for 3 maf + SK + another neutral. But his focus on neutrals is really odd... it isn't sitting well with me.

2) Ye, he said it during night phase around 9am EST. Either way, physically tomorrow or game tomorrow would end up taking the same amount of time. Here's the quote for ref:
Just an fyi i'm like 80% done with my reads, just haven't gone through Dolby & Endless yet bc it's so boring tbh, so apologies in advance if some of them seem outdated but i just can't do them all at once lmao. will hopefully have them up tomorrow
Also looking back, Abe did something similar.
But I'll try to get a reads post up tomorrow.
He posted this at 10:00pm EST, but he's AEST (14 hours ahead). So that would be noon his time. Even if tomorrow was in terms of irl time, that leaves only roughly 2 hours, if he got up at a reasonable time (plus he pretty much said hes gonna be out friday night lol, dont blame him, but that **** makes you go to bed late and get up late).

3) He's a gutsy guy, but usually if he does something gutsy as mafia it has a clear benefit to him. Like I remember a game vividly where he and someone named Sinister_M was mafia (Cleb, I believe this was vocaloid anon game? V15 maybe?) and they hogged the entire thread pushing eachother. One may end up dead, sure, but with the way they were pushing eachother, the other would have very likely been townread. I don't really see any clear benefits this gives scum!Cleb (coasting, I guess, but I've never known him to be the type to coast regardless of alignment).

Just finished my dinner, I will be starting my reads list soon. After I come back from the shop that is. :)

I was looking through the thread before I started my reads list (just to warm me up, lol) and I noticed that Karen said that I scum read f11 when I didn't at all, which is why her reaction shocked me. If I scum read her I would expect a reaction like that because if I did, the reasoning for doing so would be terrible reasoning to scum read her hence why I didn't.

She insulted all of my reads and me, if I did that then I would be scum read left, right and centre (even if it was totally called for, remember when Jacob was straight up attacked me and placed a WOTC vote on me? Yeah my reaction was justifiable, imo.)

Vote Count 2.0
Under 30 hours remaining.

xCleb-(1)
KermitTea

Not Voting-(11)
Bowie
Zendal
Heyden
glow
Dolby
SensaiGallade
Endless
xCleb
f11
KermitTea
amazonevan19

Currently, xCleb is set to be lynched with (1) vote.
Town be like after their cop dies N1

Not coloring sorry
Bowie-Just feel like I need to point out one thing to Kat. There is no way that there is another third party in this game, operating under the assumption that we have three mafia. He's tunneling me, but I really don't see him being scum unless it's a Kat/Bowie team (due to his focus on me during the whole townreading debacle), and I don't think that Kat is scum. Moreover, I see his concern over wasting his vote as something that a townie would be. At the time, the top candidates where Kirby and Jacob, and knowing both of their alignments now, there's no motivation for scum!Bowie to switch his vote there. Townlean
Zendal-Simply put, I don't like the tunneling. Moreover, I feel like Crys hit the nail on the head about Zendal's reads post. In addition to that, Zendal has been fluffing up the thread with short posts, but also the way that they came in at EOD
I'm here and we only have two minutes!!!! 0_0

AHHHHH!!!!
This was with two minutes left before the lynch. Zendal had established they were in the thread 12 minutes before (to be clear, I'm not scumreading them for AFK, this is to provide context). At said time, Kat was attempting to CFD Sensai (who Zendal nulled) with two furthur lynch candidates up, Endless and Kirby, who Zendal scumleaned. I feel like town!Zendal here would have acted to ensure the lynch of his scumleans, but he failed to. You could argue that I was a valid lynch candidate at the time, but the truth is I wasn't. I was only discussed as a candidate by a reaction to Kirby's vote. Looking back, and this is more than a bit paranoid, I actually feel like I could be right with all three of my scumreads day one (Zendal, Heyden, and Endless). Heyden effectively had the hammer, and decided to use it on Kirby, so Zendal, operating under the assumption that he's on a team with Endless, could feel safe in inaction, and get the towncred for staying off of Kirby. Scumread

Heyden-Pressuring feels highly off from him, and incredibly self-serving, particullarly in the case of Evan, but also in others. Moreover, there's the fact that he literally said this
gdi if he was scum he would've voted endless to save his ass i'm so lost rn
And ended up voting Kirby over endless, or Kat's CFD on Sensai, on pretty much the shakiest logic, that at worst he was a townie. Scumread

Glow-Townlock. Town Glow actually does stuff (this is about the point where I began to run out of time for reads RIP)

Sensai-Sensai is one of the pushes which I just consider to be horrible on Endless's part, but that vote yesterday wasn't a reaction test. If it had been, Endless would have removed it by EOD. Yes, I know, Endless wasn't around for EOD, but the fact remains that had a full unit of time I'll just call "a lot of hours". Moreover, the fact that they were willing to provide susses on townread people (Jacob and Bowie) helps their case for being town. Townlean

Endless-Ho boy, let's start with this
1. Says my first case is crap and provides a rebuttal which is weak and contains blatant falsehoods
2. So far has gone after only me for scumreading him, and weaker players
3. Delibrately ignores my second case on him
4. Calls my play sloppy with no examples

Only the third point is new, this is more a TL;DR than anything. Scumread

XCleb-Pretty much the only person that I suspect outside of my maf team theory (Heyden, Zendal, Endless). Simply because so far he hasn't been playing how he should be as town. Granted, he could be just busy, but his gameplay so far has been atroicious. Null/scumlean

Arstotkan-Strong town here

f11-Townlean. First off all, was the first to point out the extreme focus on the me/Bowie interactions. Second, was the first to really look into Zendal's reads

Kermit-Townlean, for only one reason. Karen played back when TBT revolved around PMs and mechanics, and Karen talking about mechanics and specific roles is normally a towntell (re:missing kill discussion). Also, it's plausible maf and SK crossed on Jacob.

AmazonEvan-Town

So Heyden, Endless, Zendal, Cleb

@Dolby Abe did respond to your case though:

Sorry, I'm going to refrain from going down this rabbit hole here. I think his plays been sloppy, which is hypocritical considering I'm doing something nearly identical due to a nearly identical reason, but things would just make a lot more sense if he was mafia. I'm not going to attempt to drive this home, because I don't have the necessary time to juxtapose the information required to make sure I had accurate information in a case against him - just like he doesn't have the time to make a case against me, but he attempted that anyway. I don't want to make something as sloppy as the thing he made on me. I think he's mafia, but my time is much better spent grinding content elsewhere.
I especially thought it was amusing when he claimed I was going after newer players "because they didn't know how to defend themselves", when it's not particularly esoteric knowledge that the newer someone is, the more useful their reaction will be to people trying to read them.
But imo this logic's bad. Yes, newer players give info just by their reaction, but they also don't know how to handle pressure well, which means its easy to take **** out of context. One of my most recent games where I was mafia, I did this **** out of this and it got me townread D1 for it. People who you know won't defend well against your accusations gives a lot of fuel for the fire you'd be creating, and I believe Sensei's shown to be one of the people who doesn't really seem to like taking pressure.

@Dolby Abe did respond to your case though:

But imo this logic's bad. Yes, newer players give info just by their reaction, but they also don't know how to handle pressure well, which means its easy to take **** out of context. One of my most recent games where I was mafia, I did this **** out of this and it got me townread D1 for it. People who you know won't defend well against your accusations gives a lot of fuel for the fire you'd be creating, and I believe Sensei's shown to be one of the people who doesn't really seem to like taking pressure.

Missed that, thanks

Also, gonna stress again that I'm probably not gonna be here at EOD (they did move my games up to a better time, and day ends later, but we'll see)

@crys hmmmm okay, still not convinced but that was a good defence so I'll lay off for now

@dolby ik he basically towntold but I wasn't gonna vote someone who i was townleaning or wasn't there to defend himself. let's say endless towntold in the last 5 minutes and you can vote glow to save him, would you do it?

@kat are you referring to me about the tomorrow thing or at endless?

Lets get this over and done with:

Arstotkan - I think this is self explainatory. Though I am curious about this post:

I'd **** my pants if Bowie is scum, just throwing that out there

Could you please explain it? Apologies if you've already answered this.

AmazonEvan - Town. Seems like a genuine townie to me.

Heyden - All I'm reading from Heyden is town, town, town. He's questioning people, argueing his case and pointing out scummy things. But:

i'm down to speedlynch f11 or zendel, the latter especially has seemed to be here the whole time with nothing to say

Why did you want to speed lynch f11 or Zendel? I mean Zendel is a little understandable but why f11?

Dolby - I'm not sure how to align Dolby. He's difficult to read for me. I can tell he's playing differently from the last game, but he's already admitted that. It could be an indication of mafia but I just don't know. Though:

Don't really want sensai

Could you elaborate by what you meant by this?

Glow - I don't know how to feel about glow. her initial posts seem a bit iffy but that could just be me being picky. But:

sorry, for i cannot be mafia, as i am a second runner

Explain please. You've already stated your town but give me a reason on why I should believe it?

Zendel - Now this is a difficult one. I initially townleaned Zendel in my "suspicious" post due to how his manner of speech had changed in comparison to the last game, but a few things have gone on between him and other users, notably Dolby which has caught my attention. For now, you're a scum lean.

f11 - Crys posts have been a bit fillery - if you know what I mean. She does defend herself when Zendel reads her for her suspicions on people who sussed Bowie and Dolby but other than that, idk? Null for now

Bowie - I really dislike Bowie's initial role at the beginning of the game. It just screams mafia to me. Not only this, he really hasn't posted a lot, not much to get more of a read from. I also find is suspicious that Mog, who was suspicious of Bowie, died on night 1 when no one else was suspicious of him. I'm listing him as a scum lean.

xCleb - Cleb has been extremely inactive during this game, nothing compared to the last. Granted, he may just be busy but nethertheless his absence could be seen as suspicious.

Kermit - Townlean. Posts seem genuine and just a gut feeling as well.

Endless - Don't even get me started.

imo a crappy and short read but I needed to get it out there.

Sensai, you don't see Kermits posts as fillery, do you not see any lack of content?

As others have pointed out, me talking about my role (it wasn't actually about my role, and how ya'll haven't figured that out yet is beyond me, but I digress) is the exact opposite of what scum would do. I feel like you, Sensai, actually have no substance behind your allegations at all, at least against me. You're just pulling strings.

Key:

Scum Lean
Slight Scum Lean
Null
Slight Town Lean
Town Lean

Not making walls of text this time for each read, if anybody would like to discuss my choices for any reads then go ahead. I've been informed that they are trashy and fluff before hand so hopefully they are the opposite this time but I've also been told that I'm "dumb" so maybe not, lol.

Abe - My theory/hypothetical post on his partnership with Dolby still stands. I feel as though his posts come across as: lazy and meritless which is not town Abe at all! People say you can't tell the difference between town and scum Abe, if I can then anyone can, lmfao. A definite lynch candidate next to Dolby for me today now that I think about it.

Bowie - My reasoning still stands, I would like to see more though but I suspect we won't be seeing much from Bowie because of his busy schedule unfortunately. :(

Cleb - I would like to see actual effort from Cleb, his posts are annoyingly anti-town.

Dolby - My theory still stands, his posts come across as different and his overall playstyle seems entirely different. Look over my posts as of late to see why I think so. His recent posts seem to be sucking up to Kat who is one of the strongest town leans for most of us and I feel as though he could be using that to his advantage, not 100% though, just an observation. :p

Evan - Thoughts have stayed the same, helpful and contributing frequently. Which is fabulous, thank you. :blush:

f11 - Her reactions to Karen questioning her was over defensive (imo) and her response to my null read on her was a little crazy as well, her posts haven't really been enough (not saying you haven't posted enough, btw) for me to tell whether she is town or scum.

Glow - Slight Town Lean to Town Lean

Her posts match up with her town meta, I would like to see more though (I understand you have a busy schedule, right?) and I appreciate her efforts so far. :)

Heyden - Thoughts have stayed the same.

Karen - Slight Town Lean to Town Lean

I don't think she can be mafia at this point (didn't think she was in the first place), she is clearly making a genuine effort and I appreciate her efforts in her posts, especially the scenario one.

Kat - Slight Town Lean - Null/Slight Town Lean

I just realized that I'm being careless in regards to Kat.

I haven't got the chance to play with Kat when she was mafia or town so I don't know what she would be like if she was mafia/town now. I understand Kat is an amazing player and held in high regards so like Dolby, I'm not underestimating her capabilities in this game and I'm not going to trust her completely for now.

I'd appreciate it if you could provide me with your previous games. :)

Sensai - I'm not sure what to think as of now. His posts definitely seem different but from my experience that doesn't always mean something, I was scum leaned a while ago for "seeming different" when I was town and it was annoying to deal with it, like it is now, I don't even remember what I was like in previous games because I've had to defend myself constantly for the last few games and people are like "town Zendel would do this blah blah blah" and I don't even remember how I acted then. I've made this more about me than Sensai, sorry but I was trying to relate. His new behaviour could mean something but it might not at the same time.

I know what people are thinking, "why do you only have two scum leans?". I think one of my null's have a chance of being scum but I'm not completely confident enough to make a case on any of them mainly because I don't think any of them are scum, I think I need to look at them more but for now I think the scum team could be:

Dolby/Endless/Kat - Completely unfair if it is by the way. :(

Dolby/Endless/Sensai

Dolby/Endless/f11

Dolby/Endless/Cleb -
Again a little unfair because of their experience, more so the D/E/K trio because they are all decently active unlike Cleb. :/

These are not in order by the way.

Sidenote:

At the EoD phase on Day 1, I don't think anyone has considered the fact that I was AFK (maybe some of you have) during the time I last posted and my "there's 2 minutes left" post. I was talking to my Mum because she wanted to show me something, so yes I would have been posting more in the time frame between those two posts and when I refreshed there was like two minutes left and I almost died hence why I said "AHHHHHH". I wasn't here several times before that because I was occupied with reality, I'm sorry for that but please don't hold it against me. It was inconvenient, but what is life without inconveniences tbh?

- - - Post Merge - - -

These do not look like I put hours of work into them at all, sorry for them being so crap.

Just saying if Dolby/Cleb/Endless is unfair because of experience so is me Dolby and Endles considering I have over 40 games maybe fifty on my belt ;)

Zendel none of these team make sense in a balancing standpoint lol. You are either mafia, or overlooking a good chunk of the player list.

Lynch candidates for today should be (imo):

Dolby
Endless
Cleb

Most people are okay with Endless from what I've gathered so I am too after some consideration. I would prefer Dolby but literally nobody is seeing what I'm seeing so it's a dead end at this point, I've tried to make my case but apparently it's crap and I swear if I die and I find out Dolby is mafia I will be both mad at myself for not pushing harder and proud for guessing correctly because I rarely do so. Or if I die and I find out Dolby is town I will be like:

image.png

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just saying if Dolby/Cleb/Endless is unfair because of experience so is me Dolby and Endles considering I have over 40 games maybe fifty on my belt ;)

Zendel none of these team make sense in a balancing standpoint lol. You are either mafia, or overlooking a good chunk of the player list.

Really? I didn't get that impression from you, oops.

I'm narrowing it down with my nulls and scum reads and I'm not including people who I think are town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And maybe experience wasn't the right word, but rather a mixture of ability and experience.....Experts, got it!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually I might be overlooking things.

Example of what I assume you mean by balancing:

Expert: Endless/Dolby/Kat/Glow/Cleb

Well rounded: Heyden/f11/Karen/

Newer players: Sensai/Bowie/Zendel/Evan

So something like: Dolby/f11/Sensai

I see what you mean now, I guess you could be right then.

Lynch candidates for today should be (imo):

Dolby
Endless
Cleb

Most people are okay with Endless from what I've gathered so I am too after some consideration. I would prefer Dolby but literally nobody is seeing what I'm seeing so it's a dead end at this point, I've tried to make my case but apparently it's crap and I swear if I die and I find out Dolby is mafia I will be both mad at myself for not pushing harder and proud for guessing correctly because I rarely do so. Or if I die and I find out Dolby is town I will be like:

image.png

- - - Post Merge - - -

Really? I didn't get that impression from you, oops.

I'm narrowing it down with my nulls and scum reads and I'm not including people who I think are town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And maybe experience wasn't the right word, but rather a mixture of ability and experience.....Experts, got it!
understandable. I get where you are coming from.

For scum team I would say

Endless/Zendel/Karen

Endless/Karen/Sensai

I don't see Zendel and Sensai on the same mafia team, and I feel Endless and Zendel do have a definite connection as well as endless and Sensai if that makes sense? I'm not at home rn but I when I do imma figure somethings out and probably change my reads abit.

- - - Post Merge - - -

woah didn't know that

would you consider yourself a GF then?
no, I'm absolutely terrible at analysis and playing the game, but I still have the almost the same amounts of experience. I'm not on he same level of the "godfathers"

@Zendel -- you're right, my bad. Check out your post #360. F11 attacked you for your post so I automatically assumed you had her somehow as scum but you had her as null. Still, I think it's feasible, although slightly less now

BTW I liked your answers to my questions :)

understandable. I get where you are coming from.

For scum team I would say

Endless/Zendel/Karen

Endless/Karen/Sensai

I don't see Zendel and Sensai on the same mafia team, and I feel Endless and Zendel do have a definite connection as well as endless and Sensai if that makes sense? I'm not at home rn but I when I do imma figure somethings out and probably change my reads abit.

- - - Post Merge - - -

no, I'm absolutely terrible at analysis and playing the game, but I still have the almost the same amounts of experience. I'm not on he same level of the "godfathers"

How does Karen fit in with either of those scum teams and do you think she has any connections with Abe, Sensai and I?

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Zendel -- you're right, my bad. Check out your post #360. F11 attacked you for your post so I automatically assumed you had her somehow as scum but you had her as null. Still, I think it's feasible, although slightly less now

BTW I liked your answers to my questions :)

Thank you, getting an actual compliment is hard around here.

Back