• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Can anyone else relate?

they now pay you for your town and keep your catalogue if you were going to reset

What? WHAT? Unlocking a second and third QR? What? Please, someone inform me of this!

What? WHAT? Unlocking a second and third QR? What? Please, someone inform me of this!

Haha idk if everyone else calls it the same thing but I mean like I have 3 characters in my town, and I just unlocked the QR machine for my second and third character. So I got to add a lot more paths in my town and it helped give it something new that I was needing!

Haha idk if everyone else calls it the same thing but I mean like I have 3 characters in my town, and I just unlocked the QR machine for my second and third character. So I got to add a lot more paths in my town and it helped give it something new that I was needing!

Oh, phooey! I thought there was something awesome that I wasn't aware of. Thanks for explaining, though. :)

I haven't continuously reset in the longest time since changing my playing style to day by day, which stopped me from getting bored with the game. That's probably the biggest reason I reset. But I can relate somewhat, i've had two towns that I was working hard on in the past but i've always ended up deleting them because there was always something I ended up not liking about them. Which happens with almost every town i've had in new leaf. So you could say that even though I don't reset often, i'm never satisfied with my town completely.

I'm a late bloomer to this game, only purchasing it last October. I have reset twice within the timespan:

My first one I reset after a month, and the reason was a camper I invited to my town moved into the worst possible spot, of which I invested in to being the centerpiece of that town. Note that I never knew about plot resetting, nor about blocking with path patterns at the time, and I felt that the game just completely screwed everything up without my consent. Feeling completely helpless and angry to the game, I deleted the town and stopped playing for nearly 4 weeks.

My second town also lasted a little over a month. I made the town a breeding area in my attempt to get Blue Roses, but also did my best to make it adaptable to unpredictable move-ins. The only reason why I reset though: After 4 weeks, game card malfunctioned, failing to load the game, and blanking out in completely unpredictable moment when things did load. I had no choice than to reset - and even when I tried doing a new town on the game card, the malfunctions still remained - even to this day.

Now with the download version, I'm on my third town, 127 days in, and getting close to owning the majestic Golden Shovel. From having to deal with all the chaos of my last towns, and learning more about controlling where villagers will move, I just can't get myself to reset my town at all.

Yes, I have loads of ideas on how I could make 'Bluedale 4.0' so much better than the layout I have right now, as well as new themes and ways to play the game. But I just appreciate having a stable town with as many upgrades as I can get.

i've restarted lots of times, i always ended up thinking that i could do so much better with the layouts and themes and i also like the feeling of a fresh start. luckily i'm planning on keeping my most recent town forever because i'm really happy with it and i don't really care about ACNL as much as i did anymore so i don't see the point of getting dedicated over and over again when it can be really irritating.

Back