• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Overwatch Mafia - End Game, Town wins!

Why are you so concerned about me? This is my first game of mafia and of course I'm going to make mistakes.

Did I get your role right or something? Is that why you are after me?

So it's wrong for me to think you're suspicious?

i don't think u guys know what a slip is

So it's wrong for me to think you're suspicious?

No, but I feel as though your trying to center the attention on me which is kinda dumb considering who much of a noob I am and how obvious my role is.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*You're, * how

Woops.

as someone who frequently doesn't reread what I'm typing I could've easily done the same thing as tom did.

what white said isn't a slip either IMO, they're just explaining their behavior albeit in probably not the best way. whites scummy but not because of the way he types.

a slip is

1. when you accidentally reveal your alignment unintentionally by knowing or not knowing something the other party may or may not know. you can maf slip in a few ways

-----> accidentally giving info you shouldn't have

-----> not knowing info you should

-----> inconsistency with claims - e.g
okay I actually am a SHAPESHIFTER and I change roles every day which is why I was 1-shot vigilante, then townie, then vengeful 1-shot vigilante

2. new players townslip and pr slip as well

3. typos or poorly worded sentences ARENT slips. you must read the words in their context. "hostile thirds" is a phrase found in MOST role pms of other games and regardless of if you just read it, if you've played for awhile you might be used to the phrase.
(because essentially they're the same thing)

as someone who frequently doesn't reread what I'm typing I could've easily done the same thing as tom did.

what white said isn't a slip either IMO, they're just explaining their behavior albeit in probably not the best way. whites scummy but not because of the way he types.

a slip is

1. when you accidentally reveal your alignment unintentionally by knowing or not knowing something the other party may or may not know. you can maf slip in a few ways

3. typos or poorly worded sentences ARENT slips. you must read the words in their context. "hostile thirds" is a phrase found in MOST role pms of other games and regardless of if you just read it, if you've played for awhile you might be used to the phrase.

Explain when I'm scum please.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*why

I'm on a mobile device. =/

Explain when I'm scum please.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*why

I'm on a mobile device. =/

because your reads contrast one another.

you townread people like Jacob who haven't done anything but you say im mafia for not doing anything

you said Tom was quiet but so was Hayden, seroja, Amanda, getlucky, etc but you don't mention them being mafia

then it feels like u were trying to excuse urself for being new. which is ok, i think it's fine to do that bc being new is hard, but it threw me when you said you've read a lot of maf games.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm pretty sure she was actually defending you but ok

- - - Post Merge - - -

'People' as in glow?

@ ME NEXT TIME DONT BE SCARED

because your reads contrast one another.

you townread people like Jacob who haven't done anything but you say im mafia for not doing anything

you said Tom was quiet but so was Hayden, seroja, Amanda, getlucky, etc but you don't mention them being mafia

then it feels like u were trying to excuse urself for being new. which is ok, i think it's fine to do that bc being new is hard, but it threw me when you said you've read a lot of maf games.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@ ME NEXT TIME DONT BE SCARED

Fair enough.

and uh i'll type up something on the people

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok so i just looked at the voting thread and it turns out
a lot more people voted for tom than i thought

whoops

@Apple 1st off giving a town read isn't a way to clear yourself. I will admit that I just skimmed and didn't look at the helpful content that you did post last nite when I was re-reading @ 2/3 in the morning.
And also I wouldn't read too deep into my scum reads since they were just random.
I am however, excited to see what theories you have.

@white I still would like your possible reads on other players and explanations.

Okay here goes:

Ness,TOWN:

In the beginning he was very aggressive and reaction based later on. He seems to be more concerned about exposing mafia than anything else, meaning he could be mafia (as a way to cover up) but I hardly think so. Also people have pointed out that he usually plays town like this.

PrimalFlexer, TOWN:

The constant questions and holding out for other people's opinions for him to be base an opinion on them seems townie- like, not entirety certain about this claim though.

I'm null about Heyden and GetLucky because they don't have enough info for me personally to make a judgement, I'm also null about Karen, I feel like she maybe town but I feel like there isn't enough info to make a good judgement, I feel the same way about Amanda so I'll analyze them more. Jacob who?

Reads on Trundle, Dolby and Endless will be posted later.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I forgot about Seroja, I'm null on you tpo

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also forgot about glow, I'm null about you too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

What is happening with me today?

a slip is

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! Terminology like this is tricky to wrap my head around despite reading the wiki, particularly as people seem to be using so freely.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*seem to be using it so freely.

I'm at work and won't be on before night is over.
If I live I will post when I get home start of day some update

I'm still working on putting reads together but I noticed this and wanted to ask for clarification:

What's your timezone? Central
How many games have you played before? I think its 20 or 30
How active do you think you'll be? Very.
Would you rather be town or mafia? Mafia.
Post #117

is ness even considered new?

- - - Post Merge - - -

and so what logical explanation do you have for his behavior then @endless

- - - Post Merge - - -

and hello heyden!
Post #265

He's played a total of 8 games, that definitely quantifies as new. Well, at least from my standpoint, anyway. (With a lower than 50% winrate across those games, I might add)

I don't have a logical explanation, per se, since he isn't being logical. He's attempting an aggressive reactionary test playstyle which is being incredibly detrimental to how people perceive him. This is evident from the content of his mafiascum games.

Consequently, what people have been pushing him for (me included) no longer holds any water.
Post #266

According to the wikia, Ness has played (not counting hosted or coached) in 24 games here on TBT http://tbtmafia.wikia.com/wiki/N_e_s_s

@Endless, where did you get your "total of 8 games" stat from? Now that the total is 3 times that, does your opinion of ness' gameplay change?

@ness, I'm curious why you didn't correct Endless' error at the time?

---

I'm not saying either Ness or Endless is mafia, but the discrepancy bothers me a lot.

@amanda: huh. I was going off memory.

If you think about it, that's really dumb since I went through his games on the wiki so I should know.

I do still think he's town, simply because his previous games still total to a poor performance, making it still unlikely that he's taking the play he did this game. (No offense Ness)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Faking * not taking. Phones are a joy.

Night is over, day preparations will be made and day post will be posted soon.

HLFtmZ7.png

?Now entering, King?s Row. Prepare your attack.? Said the announcer as Jacob auto-locked Widowmaker.

?Don?t worry guys, if I don?t get a pick in the first 30 seconds, I?ll switch.? Said Jacob.

?Attackers incoming!? said the announcer and Jacob grappled up to the top ledge of the attacking spawn. Jacob aimed carefully down his scope when suddenly he was picked off by the defenders Hanzo.

?Who the **** plays Hanzo anymore?? said Jacob, ?alright one more go.? But little did he know that while he had been respawning the enemy Hanzo shot the spawn door with his sonar arrow. Jacob jumped up to the top platform again and was killed immediately. Jacob fell down to the attacker spawn once more, but like any true Widow main, he wouldn?t switch after not getting a pick in the first 30 seconds.

Meanwhile, as the attacking team broke out onto the point, amanda1983 used her ultimate. ?Nerf this!? she yelled as she threw her mech into the sky. Quickly though, the attacking team hid behind the nearest bush and survived the explosion, and unfortunately while Amanda climbed back into her mech, the enemy Winston jumped onto her and the tickle gun tickled just a little too much. Amanda fell to the floor dead.

?I thought she said peanut butter?? Winston cried as he realized there was no actual peanut butter.

Jacob?s role:

scx9How.png

Amanda1983?s role:

Cdg5oSd.png

Day 2 has begun! You have until Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 8:00 EST to decide on a lynch.

ora_1488675600.png

Back