• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Discriminating Experiences (In-Game & Real Life)

Haskell

Saving for a username change KEK
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0000-0000-0000
What are some (alleged) discriminating experiences that you have experienced?

Last edited:
It sucks, but there are idiots in this world. Just know that they are wrong for doing that and be yourself! Be proud of it ^_^

No. They weren't trolling me.

I got over it the second I posted this. lmao I kind of wish I didn't make this thread.

I was just triggered.

I used to think that people who were all like "burn in hell you satan lover!!" didn't exist but they legit are out there. It sounds sooo dumb and makes me roll my eyes. They are dumb and wont grow by being that ignorant. Be proud of yourself for being that open and accepting of others. We need people like you!!

where did gamzees lol aw post go am I seeing things?

lmao. I actually can tolerate Satanists more than Christians sometimes tbh.

apparently being a girl in battlefield 1 is "attention-seeking", "whore-like", and i'm just "screwing around" like ok lol i can't play video games seriously because i like them??

So in my new OYC game my mayor is a gay boy. I had found a heart pin in the shop and since it matched his pastel theme I put it on. I went to the island and there was a girl there and she was like.. following me. Now I should let you know when I play ACNL I roleplay as my character. So she is following me and I'm like 'Yes?' and she was all "Aren't you a boy?" and I was like "..yeah?" and she just kept following me and then she's like "Why are you wearing that? it's for girls" and I was like "Uh, it's cute I like it, so I'm wearing it?" and she just KEPT FOLLOWING ME and kept asking me, and telling me to take it off, and I was like "Dude it's cute leave me alone." and so she was like "what are you gay or something?" and so I said "yeah" and then she kept asking me, over and over and over "why?" "Why do you like boys?" "Why don't you like boys?" "I just don't get why" and I kept telling her "I just do, I just prefer boys" "I don't find girls attractive" "It's just my preference" and she wouldn't stop, I ended up leaving the island, and the mermaid furniture I really wanted to get (that's why I mostly go to the public islands, for different shop items) because this girl wouldn't quit.

In real life the only discrimination I have faced was for my weight and dirty looks the few times I went out with girls. But thankfully I am privileged enough to not be discriminated against too often.

that sucks you had that experience. people just need to get some perspective and keep their ****ty opinions to themselves lmao.
i haven't been discriminated against in acnl bc i don't have club tortimer but in real life i used to hang out with guys and they used to just take advantage of the fact i'm a girl to be rude to me and pick on me and say i couldn't join in on certain things (this was when i was younger). more recently people tend to ignore me because i'm quiet to those who don't know me well and not very outgoing (though i do make the effort) compared to a lot of other people.

lol y is triggered used like this

ive had a lot of Fun Experiences w that kinda stuff idk. nothing in games tho lmao just irl and online. most common is ppl just not knowing enough abt it so they believe in all the stereotypes and say ignorant stuff. often u can explain to them and theyll be nicer but a lot of the time people ****ing hate being told theyre doing anything wrong so they will get all angry and defensive.

some things that stuck w me the most happened in school. my last school was filled with transphobes and homophobes and there were a lot of incidents. we had classes where those people would go on a rant about how lgbt people should die, there were transphobic and homophobic rumours all the time and people would yell out things like "gross" or w/e whenever lgbt things were mentioned.
Most of the time the teachers didnt even say or do anything, they just let it happen. for a long time there were rumours that i was A Filthy Transsexual because i had short hair, used to speak up about gender issues and i'd argue against transphobia. not many things were said directly to my face but suddenly everyone needed to discuss how gross and weird trans people are.
in the cafeteria once around ten people were talking with a teacher about it and they really said some hurtful stuff. (like how trans people are mentally ill which obviously means that they are wrong and not actually another gender, how disgusting trans people are, how they should die etc.) the teacher just sat there like :) and said something like "i understand that thats ur opinion but other people have other opinions!"
the thing is that they knew that this was targeting certain students and they still didnt do anything because apparently it is more important that you let people express their opinion on how certain students should die than to make sure students feel safe and arent being bullied in school :'))

lol y is triggered used like this

ive had a lot of Fun Experiences w that kinda stuff idk. nothing in games tho lmao just irl and online. most common is ppl just not knowing enough abt it so they believe in all the stereotypes and say ignorant stuff. often u can explain to them and theyll be nicer but a lot of the time people ****ing hate being told theyre doing anything wrong so they will get all angry and defensive.

some things that stuck w me the most happened in school. my last school was filled with transphobes and homophobes and there were a lot of incidents. we had classes where those people would go on a rant about how lgbt people should die, there were transphobic and homophobic rumours all the time and people would yell out things like "gross" or w/e whenever lgbt things were mentioned.
Most of the time the teachers didnt even say or do anything, they just let it happen. for a long time there were rumours that i was A Filthy Transsexual because i had short hair, used to speak up about gender issues and i'd argue against transphobia. not many things were said directly to my face but suddenly everyone needed to discuss how gross and weird trans people are.
in the cafeteria once around ten people were talking with a teacher about it and they really said some hurtful stuff. (like how trans people are mentally ill which obviously means that they are wrong and not actually another gender, how disgusting trans people are, how they should die etc.) the teacher just sat there like :) and said something like "i understand that thats ur opinion but other people have other opinions!"
the thing is that they knew that this was targeting certain students and they still didnt do anything because apparently it is more important that you let people express their opinion on how certain students should die than to make sure students feel safe and arent being bullied in school :'))

Why is triggered used at all? Its a stupid term to express how uncomfortable/angry you are.

Why is triggered used at all? Its a stupid term to express how uncomfortable/angry you are.

As someone who has PTSD from abuse I really hate people using trigger as just a fun expression when I have literal triggers that now if I mention people don't understand I mean, no I was literally triggered into a panic attack because you said that word thanks friend.

As someone who has PTSD from abuse I really hate people using trigger as just a fun expression when I have literal triggers that now if I mention people don't understand I mean, no I was literally triggered into a panic attack because you said that word thanks friend.

Thank you, I have said several times in the past that these people are basically mocking people with actual illnesses which lead to them being triggered.

Last edited:

My great uncle has severe PTSD from his time in the Vietnam war and no one in his household can use timers and stuff that has sudden, loud, jarring noises. That even goes for microwaves and junk.

So yeah, being "triggered" has become a sort of fad and, while I love memes, that's basically what's happened to it. :-(

Last edited:
At 15/16 they're obviously just very immature. But really, when anybody brings the bible and God into it, all you need to answer with is a series of questions...do you wear mixed fabrics? Do you cut your hair? Do you eat seafood? Do you agree that children should be stoned for disobeying their parents? Do you believe that women should be silent and men are superior?
Because I can guarantee at least one of those questions will apply to them in some way. Things like cutting your hair, and wearing mixed fabrics are things that the bible says not to do. It usually shuts people up when you call them on being a bigot, when they're trying to hide behind 'God' as an excuse as to why they feel they are within their rights to express those views. Remind them not to pick and choose which parts in the Bible they want to follow because it suits their bigoted minds

I've not been discriminated against for my sexuality but in regards to my health and being disabled, I have. But I always handle it the same way and turn it back around on them..anybody can become disabled, at any time and any age without cause. I always remind people of these things when they see fit to express their opinions on what people with my condition should and shouldn't be doing.

Last edited:
Whenever I go to Tortimer's Island I have no problems with the way that I look. My character is a boy and wears a dress, a flower in his hair, and people ask me about it, but it's more out of childish curiosity than anything. They're 100% fine with it after I've explained it to them. I would expect discrimination, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Back