• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

5th attack in Europe in less than two weeks, 4th in Germany

Bells
On sunday, a machete wielding syrian regufee has stabbed a pregnant woman and injured 2 others in Germany. UPDATE: On the same day a suicide bombing in Ansbach, Germany has just took place injuring 12 people

This is the 4th terrorist attack in a week following the Munich attacks, following the axe attacks

Last edited:
why are these labeled terrorist attacks just because it was a syrian refugee... wouldn't they have to know the motive bwhind it for them to be able to classify it as terrorism?

^ yeah I agree with this. it was obviously a terrible thing that he done but why is it a terrorist attack? would it still be called a terrorist attack if it was a german (or otherwise European) born man that done it? I don't know but calling it such just seems to be feeding the whole Refugees Are Bad thing, unless I'm missing something..

^ yeah I agree with this. it was obviously a terrible thing that he done but why is it a terrorist attack? would it still be called a terrorist attack if it was a german (or otherwise European) born man that done it? I don't know but calling it such just seems to be feeding the whole Refugees Are Bad thing, unless I'm missing something..

What else should it be labeled as, just an attack? And im pretty sure it's not because it was a syrian, if anyone did it, it would be a terrorist attack..

What else should it be labeled as, just an attack? And im pretty sure it's not because it was a syrian, if anyone did it, it would be a terrorist attack..

Why do you come here with no posts just to post about terrorist attacks?
It's more of a hate crime then a terrorist attack

Well people are surprised why countries like Poland don't want refugees coming in... I was watching the news and they were talking to a refugee:
News reporter: why do you want to go to Germany?
Refugee: Because there are nice girls.

I personally don't feel that is a good reason to go to a country.
Because of the situation in the countries we will assume it is a terrorist attack right away, people have to be prepared. Europe isn't so strong, we are many countries who have our disagreements and agreements between eachother and acting fast is what people have to do right away.

Some people came to UK... and I seen them write things in their dairys like "this could be better" I found many refugees to be selfish and self centered and I am not surprised some terrorists came too.

Poland also gave the refugees a hotel once and it was destroyed also there were reports of women being told by refugees that they are "sluts" "whores" for not covering their hair.
From what I know the refugees where from a different country but from then Poland feels they shouldn't let any refugees in and I agree with them. It is their country and no one has the right to demand anything from Poland or any other country.

Last edited:
Well people are surprised why countries like Poland don't want refugees coming in... I was watching the news and they were talking to a refugee:

Because of the situation in the countries we will assume it is a terrorist attack right away, people have to be prepared. Europe isn't so strong, we are many countries who have our disagreements and agreements between eachother and acting fast is what people have to do right away.

Some people came to UK... and I seen them write things in their dairys like "this could be better" I found many refugees to be selfish and self centered and I am not surprised some terrorists came too.

Poland also gave the refugees a hotel once and it was destroyed also there were reports of women being told by refugees that they are "sluts" "whores" for not covering their hair.

Do you not think that a large number of terrorists have taken 'asylum' across Europe by posing as refugees then?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry emachi, was trying to reply separately to you. Agree with what you've said completely

Yes just an attack. Recently in the UK people entered someone's home and shot a one year old child with an air pistol, this was not called a terrorist attack (despite the fact that the baby and parents would have been terrified), because it wasn't. Reading the news, there's a pattern with what is labeled as "terrorism" and what isn't, the definition of "terrorist attack" leaves room for interpretation I guess (although most sources seem to agree that motive is a massive indicator), it comes down to an arguments about definitions and it's unnecessary. Quite a few sources I've read on this incident state that it was separate from terrorism, that's why I feel like it shouldn't have been labeled as such here, I guess I should've just kept my opinion to myself though. However, that's all irrelevant to the fact that this attack was awful, I feel for those affected by it.

@Link, I don't feel it necessary to really reply to this or start an argument, but I'm not denying the fact that not everybody is a good person, and bad things do happen, some slip through the cracks, undoubtedly.

I would refer to the Friday mall shooting and Sunday's suicide bomb as terrorist attacks (along with the axe attack on Tuesday).
Not sure about the guy with the machete, the only thing I know about him is that he's a person that has been involved in multiple incidents where people got injured, and is known to police as a liability.

But I do find it really striking how it went from being calm in Germany to there being 4 attacks in less than a week.

From what I know the refugees where from a different country but from then Poland feels they shouldn't let any refugees in and I agree with them. It is their country and no one has the right to demand anything from Poland or any other country.

yeah bc ppl fleeing from actual warzones only want to go to germany for the nice girls? /s

wtf is up w/ u, they are fleeing for their lives, they just want to survive and have a better life without terrorism and war. most need help. you're rly judging everyone based on a few refugees lmao.

if someone is selfish or had a bad attitude does that mean that governments shouldn't take care of them because they aren't "grateful enough?"

idk about other countries but in sweden a lot of refugee homes have been destroyed and burned down. by whom? by racist right wing extremists who don't want to have the refugees in our country. it has gone so far that they've had to make the locations of many of the houses secret.
ten thousands of refugees came to germany last year, many traumatized from war and mentally unstable (making some more prone to violent behaviour). some might be extremists. but it's not cool to be like "heyy i know there's a war going in where you're from, but we won't take care of you because i've heard about You People raping ppl and being ungrateful so bye !!"

countries who can take in refugees have to do it. the **** attitudes coming from many european countries (including my own, sweden is making it harder for refugees to become citizens n stuff) are rly gross.

get over yourself and maybe stop being judgemental k thx

I would refer to the Friday mall shooting and Sunday's suicide bomb as terrorist attacks (along with the axe attack on Tuesday).
Not sure about the guy with the machete, the only thing I know about him is that he's a person that has been involved in multiple incidents where people got injured, and is known to police as a liability.

But I do find it really striking how it went from being calm in Germany to there being 4 attacks in less than a week.

The person who carried out the mall shooting had been planing it for over a year, that's a clear indication of terrorist intent. However, as far as I know the man who carried out this attack was angered by said women and stabbed her without it being fore-planned (clearly disgusting and awful, but terrorism?) it hasn't yet been linked to terrorism or other people at all and yet people are still quick to call it terrorism, without the facts being clear yet.

Last edited:
These are just small, isolated incidents with no correlation. People are just hyperaware because the media has been reporting, so the media just finds more and more cases. We went from hearing about mass scale terrorist attacks in Europe, to hearing about European murders. Murders happen everywhere.

These are just small, isolated incidents with no correlation. People are just hyperaware because the media has been reporting, so the media just finds more and more cases. We went from hearing about mass scale terrorist attacks in Europe, to hearing about European murders. Murders happen everywhere.

I'd have to agree with this. I mean I live in the "murder capital of Canada" and I've gone to school downtown all my life, so people being stabbed to death is a pretty common occurrence. It's horrible, but around here my first thought is usually more like "dang where am I going to park with all this police tape". And these incidents certainly never make international news.

That being said I think discussions around immigration and terrorism are still good to have. I used to volunteer with immigrant and refugee kids so I tend to have some pretty personal feelings about these topics. On one hand I get frustrated when more conservative-minded people want to limit immigration because I've met so many incredible people who have worked their asses off to get here and deserve to be helped. But at the same time I get frustrated with more liberal-minded people for being so openly trusting. Young refugees are definitely an at-risk group for things like gang involvement and violent crime and it's important that we actually have programs set up to intervene in these people's lives before we take on such a huge responsibility as a nation.

Unfortunately, many people aren't aware that they can discuss these sorts of things without it decending into an argument.
All comes down to level of maturity I guess. Have a lot of personal feelings on this subject and I feel it's good to talk about these things. Throughout my career, I've noticed a strong pattern of ignoring or hiding these kinds of conversations causing more problems, especially within somebody that is already troubled to begin with. Maybe that is how so many 'slip through the net'

Unfortunately, many people aren't aware that they can discuss these sorts of things without it decending into an argument.
All comes down to level of maturity I guess. Have a lot of personal feelings on this subject and I feel it's good to talk about these things. Throughout my career, I've noticed a strong pattern of ignoring or hiding these kinds of conversations causing more problems, especially within somebody that is already troubled to begin with. Maybe that is how so many 'slip through the net'

I'm guessing that this is directed to me based on the comment on arguments and the "slip through the net" comment. I'm more than willing to have discussions about things of this nature, I'm very open about my opinions and I never try to ignore or hide these things.

I'm also fully capable of having a civilised conversation, however here, more often than not civilised conversations quickly become heated and I don't want to be responsible for the ignition of yet another argument, so I chose to step down and not discuss it here.

I'm also fully capable of having a civilised conversation, however here, more often than not civilised conversations quickly become heated and I don't want to be responsible for the ignition of yet another argument, so I chose to step down and not discuss it here.

Good idea. :blush:

Discussing heavy topics is fine, as is having differing opinions on said topics. However, everyone needs to remember that there are rules in place here that apply regardless of the topic, and one of these rules is to respect other members. Don't be rude and discuss things civilly and all's good.

Thanks!

Everytime something like this happens, I get sad and I feel like there's nothing I can do, especially since it's so common lately. I don't want to place the blame on anyone for this stuff happening, ISIS and the people who do these things, such as other terrorist organizations just need to be dealt with but I'm no expert on anything politics related, so hands up.

Especially since they happen overseas they don't get recognition a lot.

Last edited:
Why are so many of these attacks occurring in Germany?:confused:

Germany was the country most willing to take in a huge number of refugees and some of those people are terrorists. They were the most welcoming and from what I know took in the most people.

Germany was the country most willing to take in a huge number of refugees and some of those people are terrorists. They were the most welcoming and from what I know took in the most people.

france has had way more terrorist attacks than germany tho..., and the shooting in the mall wasn't because of ISIS stuff or refugees at all, he was a bullied loner or something ...,. what about mmmmaybe stop acting like it is the fault of refugees...?? it's the fault of terrorists, and terrorists come into countries many different ways. some terrorists could pose as tourists, would you say it's because of all the tourists coming to germany that the attacks are happening...,,.

Back