• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

does anyone know what the new fertilizer does? all it says is "can restore the colour to dried out trees", does it have anything to do with perfect fruit trees or can tree leaves dry out now?

does anyone know what the new fertilizer does? all it says is "can restore the colour to dried out trees", does it have anything to do with perfect fruit trees or can tree leaves dry out now?

Fertilizer can now restore dead perfect fruit trees when you shake the fruit off them too many times :) (perfect fruit trees have a certain amount of times where they only grow back fruit and then they eventually die) that's what it means.

I just started a town a few days ago and I haven't had much time to play yet! But I found wisp today and his cute little jeweled lamp c: I've bought a few of the new furniture pieces from Harvey and so far I've had Joan and Gulliver. I was surprised when I accidentally sat on a rock! I'm looking forward to building up a town and potentially buying some amiibo cards to get some of the new villagers. I'm glad they invested time and money into an update, I think all of the animal crossing fans really appreciate it.

If I use an Amiibo card to force someone to move into my town, will their house be in the same place as the villager they replaced?

If I use an Amiibo card to force someone to move into my town, will their house be in the same place as the villager they replaced?

No! I did this once, and although the house did end up really close to the previous house, it was one space down, so not the same space. I covered my town in patterns, though, so there was limited space for the villager to plot.

Can you scan and invite the same Amiibo villager again after that villager which you used his/her amiibo card to invite to your town just moves away not long ago? I wish there is a new official guide for the Amiibo villagers:(

Can you scan and invite the same Amiibo villager again after that villager which you used his/her amiibo card to invite to your town just moves away not long ago? I wish there is a new official guide for the Amiibo villagers:(

Yeah! You can scan and move them in again to your town if you have the amiibo. It overrides the 16-villager cycle.

When I invite someone from the campground, do they move in the next morning? Or do I need to have my patterns down to block stuff off before I ask them?

When I invite someone from the campground, do they move in the next morning? Or do I need to have my patterns down to block stuff off before I ask them?

They will move in (place their plot) the next morning. You can put paths the day before they move in. Doesn't matter before or after you ask them as long as you place the patterns on the same day.

Yeah! You can scan and move them in again to your town if you have the amiibo. It overrides the 16-villager cycle.

Thanks:) I am so glad that I don't have to go through the 16 cycle anymore XD.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also have another question about Amiibo cards, is it okay to buy used Amiibo cards? Would others prefer to trade new cards only?

Does anyone have pictures of what the new accessories/clothing look like on their mayor? I'm looking specifically for examples of Lottie's bun and Celeste ribbon.

They need to add an emotion button next to Buy Furniture when in the RV. I've got the Nooklings, and at least I can trade emotions with the one by the campfire.

Also, is the only way to get Lottie and Celeste through using their Amiibos?

Yes, I believe so.

I have the Celeste amiibo, but I haven't scanned it yet. I did scan Lottie and got the bow. I'm a guy, and my villager's a guy, but here's what it looks like (and it makes me look like a girl):

CyK-uphUAAAmYqv.jpg

And I believe that is a Lottie sweater.

For good measure, here is the girl inkling:

CyK-77wVIAANLmH.jpg

I have been walking around with the boy inkling helmet, but I don't have a picture.

Yes, I believe so.

I have the Celeste amiibo, but I haven't scanned it yet. I did scan Lottie and got the bow. I'm a guy, and my villager's a guy, but here's what it looks like (and it makes me look like a girl):

View attachment 189301

And I believe that is a Lottie sweater.

For good measure, here is the girl inkling:

View attachment 189302

I have been walking around with the boy inkling helmet, but I don't have a picture.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Ah, I might just fold and buy the Celeste and Lottie Amiibos then~ they are the only ones I really want the RV stuff from. *prays they go on sale on cyber Monday*

So it seems like certain Welcome Amiibo returning villagers underwent personality changes.

Ursala - Snooty > Uchi
Julia - Normal > Snooty
Leopold - Jock > Smug
Raddle - Jock > Lazy
Dobie - Lazy > Cranky
Huck - Lazy > Smug
Plucky - Peppy > Uchi

It's pretty annoying about Dobie. What would have been the harm in having one unique male wolf.

Back