• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Hey! (I've been inactive for a few years) I got the update, and I wanted Chief to move into my town. I was told to go to the campsite to tell him to move in, but when I got there, he wasn't there.
Anybody know why?

EDIT: Nevermind! I figured it out! It's cuz he's already a villager in New Leaf, so he doesn't go to the campsite, he just moves in on his own.

Last edited:
Hey! (I've been inactive for a few years) I got the update, and I wanted Chief to move into my town. I was told to go to the campsite to tell him to move in, but when I got there, he wasn't there.
Anybody know why?

Did you scan his Amiibo card? Because that's the only way they'll show up in the RV campsite.

Last edited:
Yes. The amiibo card isn't tied to anything. The only limit is that you can only scan 1 per day, per town (you probably already know this)

Thanks. My friend has Goldie and we both want her but didn't know if it was possible.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but. How do I get a special character to actually move their RV into my campsite? Can I do it from my amiibo cards...? Because, any time I summon one I am offered a 'prize' and that is it.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but. How do I get a special character to actually move their RV into my campsite? Can I do it from my amiibo cards...? Because, any time I summon one I am offered a 'prize' and that is it.

You can only get a special character's RV if you have the actual amiibo figure, not the cards.

Yes, they can move on top of flowers and trees. You could try scattering patterns on strategic places you don't want them to put their houses on. They will plot in any 3x3 space not covered in patterns.

What about the space in front of the door that can't have a tile? If I forget and leave a tile there, will they still move in and just remove that one?

What about the space in front of the door that can't have a tile? If I forget and leave a tile there, will they still move in and just remove that one?

Can confirm, they'll plot on 3x3 places. The tile in front of the door will disappear once the house is built.

Hey, thanks a lot for all the people who helped me with this and gave me their answers! :D Yes, about all the furniture that look like you could put things on (at least to me), but actually can't. We are already down to the last item! So please, just the last effort!

Spooky bookcase, ???

In case anyone else is interested in the matter, here is the furniture that was checked out:

Cabana dresser, confirmed to work now!
Kitchen island, confirmed yes!
Mush closet, confirmed not…
Exotic chest, confirmed yes!
Gorgeous chest, confirmed not...
Regal dresser, confirmed not...
Blue bookcase, confirmed yes!
Sweets dresser, confirmed not...
Picnic table, confirmed not...
Patchwork dresser, confirmed not...
Sweets player, confirmed to stay on ground despite being a 1x1 item :mad:

p.s. Is the yut board still too big to be put on something, like the sweets player?.

Hey, thanks a lot for all the people who helped me with this and gave me their answers! :D Yes, about all the furniture that look like you could put things on (at least to me), but actually can't. We are already down to the last item! So please, just the last effort!

Spooky bookcase, ???
You can not put anything on the Spooky bookcase. :)

Has anybody moved in any Welcome Amiibo villagers yet? I've seen all the Zelda and Splatoon ones fully rendered in the game, and I've been trying to visit dream towns in Japan and Europe but I've failed to find a single one. The only ones I've seen have been Ursula, Julia, Tad (in Ninten), Ketchup (from a Japanese blog), Hopkins and Stella (from the Direct). I'm dying to see more and I live in the US so I won't get my hands on the cards for a few more weeks. :(

I really want to see Hornsby, Cleo and Olive, which are some of my dreamies. :)

It is a GREAT update, if I say so myself. Gives people a good excuse to return to their villages, and it adds more daily things to do, other than the routinely, basic stuff.

However, they removed all of the no-clipping glitches, and that is kinda frustrating. It made the game a lot more interesting, so it was a shame they removed those.

IT'S DONE! :)

Thank you everybody for helping me with this. Here I leave you the complete list of my frustrations (placing stuff on furniture), in case it's useful to someone else too. Remember, this is about furniture changes after the update!

Cabana dresser, confirmed to work now!
Spooky bookcase (pumpkin series), confirmed not...
Kitchen island, confirmed yes!
Mush closet, confirmed not…
Exotic chest, confirmed yes!
Gorgeous chest, confirmed not...
Regal dresser, confirmed not...
Blue bookcase, confirmed yes!
Sweets dresser, confirmed not...
Picnic table, confirmed not...
Patchwork dresser, confirmed not...
Sweets player, confirmed to stay on ground despite being a 1x1 item :mad:

p.s. Is the yut board still too big to be put on something, like the sweets player?.

Back