• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

Does anyone know the exact date of when transfers with pokebank will be allowed?

I don't think anyone knows exactly when, but an approximate would be at late January.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for Game Freak to release the starters hidden abilities.

Does anyone know the exact date of when transfers with pokebank will be allowed?

I don't think anyone knows exactly when, but an approximate would be at late January.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for Game Freak to release the starters hidden abilities.
Nothing is ever exact with them

"Coming out during the holidays *releases in mid November*"

Yeah I'm waiting on the hidden abilities too
really wish it was possible to get a shiny Lunala too ):

Do any of you guys watch those shiny streamers that freak out unnecessarily when they get their shiny with the cliche "LET'S GO! LET'S GO! SHINY HYPE IN THE CHAT" and they like walk off screen still shouting "LET'S GO"??? This is slowly becoming a meme everywhere I go. I love it.

Best Pok?mon received from WT? So far I've gotten a Kartana and a nice variety of different breedjects; 4IV Vulpix with four egg moves and 5IV Love Ball Stufful with four egg moves are the best breedjects I've received so far.

I feel like I have done hundreds of WT over the holidays. I made two boxes dedicated to trading for WT and I traded the first box and some of the 2nd box. Some really cool egg move pokemon but I liked the rowlett most, since I didn't have another starter besides popplio yet.

My friend got 12 shinies from WT during this time o_O

Last edited:
I feel like I have done hundreds of WT over the holidays. I made two boxes dedicated to trading for WT and I traded the first box and some of the 2nd box. Some really cool egg move pokemon but I liked the rowlett most, since I didn't have another starter besides popplio yet.

My friend got 12 shinies from WT during this time o_O

I've gotten a few starters as well, but I always send them back out since I already have all of them... plus I figure other people could use them too. Funniest trade so far was a Rowlet for a Rowlet lol.

I'm starting to breed in XYORAS for the PokeBank update. I just wanna be sure that anything bred in Gen 6 & below will stay regular form when it evolves. Alola evo forms only come from Alola catches & breeds, right?

Example: I breed a Kalos Cubone, shift it to Alola & evolve it. I'm getting a regular form Marowak, NOT an Alolan one, right?

I'm starting to breed in XYORAS for the PokeBank update. I just wanna be sure that anything bred in Gen 6 & below will stay regular form when it evolves. Alola evo forms only come from Alola catches & breeds, right?

Example: I breed a Kalos Cubone, shift it to Alola & evolve it. I'm getting a regular form Marowak, NOT an Alolan one, right?

It depends on the parents. If the parents are Alola form, they will have Alola babies. If the parents are regular form, they will have regular babies. It doesn't matter which game it's in. So even if you put regular Geodude in Sun/Moon, they will always make regular Geodude, not Alola.

We don't know what happens yet if you breed, for example, a regular Cubone and an Alola Cubone together. I imagine the form will become dependent on one of the parents then. Like mom will always pass down the form or dad will always pass down the form, we just don't know which yet.

It depends on the parents. If the parents are Alola form, they will have Alola babies. If the parents are regular form, they will have regular babies. It doesn't matter which game it's in. So even if you put regular Geodude in Sun/Moon, they will always make regular Geodude, not Alola.

We don't know what happens yet if you breed, for example, a regular Cubone and an Alola Cubone together. I imagine the form will become dependent on one of the parents then. Like mom will always pass down the form or dad will always pass down the form, we just don't know which yet.

"A new feature of Pok?mon Sun & Moon are Alola Forms, where certain Pok?mon have developed differently to how they have in different versions, often resulting in a change of type, abilities and appearance. These are known as Alola Forms. When you transfer Pokémon from previous games and breed them, you will get their Alola Forms. However, if you attach an Everstone to the non-Gen VII native variant and breed, you'll get the standard form. You cannot evolve standard Raichu, Exeggutor and Marowak in this game." - http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/alolaforms.shtml

All Pok?mon will give birth to their Alolan forms when bred in SM, regardless if they are from an older generation or not. The only way to change this is if a non-Alolan parent is holding an Everstone, in which case it'll give birth to non-Alolan offspring.

"A new feature of Pok?mon Sun & Moon are Alola Forms, where certain Pok?mon have developed differently to how they have in different versions, often resulting in a change of type, abilities and appearance. These are known as Alola Forms. When you transfer Pokémon from previous games and breed them, you will get their Alola Forms. However, if you attach an Everstone to the non-Gen VII native variant and breed, you'll get the standard form. You cannot evolve standard Raichu, Exeggutor and Marowak in this game." - http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/alolaforms.shtml

All Pok?mon will give birth to their Alolan forms when bred in SM, regardless if they are from an older generation or not. The only way to change this is if a non-Alolan parent is holding an Everstone, in which case it'll give birth to non-Alolan offspring.

Oh, OK. Thanks for that. I had always heard that it was the way I said it was - that it depends on the parents.

Oh well, if the Everstone works too, that's still not a big deal.

So it looks like I need to evolve BEFORE I Bank them over... Thanks.

More battle royal mysteries today. First was someone with 1 point winning over someone with 2 points. The person with 1 point had 1 pokemon left, the person with 2 had all 3 remaining.

So does having all 3 pokemon remaining add an extra point, or something? I'm pretty sure this has never been the case before.

To think Pelliper was annoying enough in ORAS having to hear it's annoying ass cry every time you came near water. Now with it's buff in sp atk and new drizzle ability make it annoying in battle! :D

Even though I've been playing since Blue first came out, this is the first time I've bothered breeding for IVs or EV training. I'm mostly trying to get together a good team for the Battle Tree/Battle Royal, since online competitive still intimidates me. I've gotten together some great stuff so far. I got myself a fantastic 5IV, nearly 6IV (the non-perfect IV is in attack, the least important stat for Popplio, but the IVs for attack are still high), modest Popplio today and I threw it in Poke Pelago to EV train it. Now I'm working on Rowlet.

We gotta get some Rat Hype.

C1yG21JWIAEPtDR.jpg

I noticed something weird when trying to breed Hidden Abilities in Moon. A male Pok?mon will sometimes pass the HA if you breed with a Ditto, but I couldn't get it to pass the HA if I breeded with the female of the same Pok?mon. That didn't work until I got a female with a HA. I didn't think males could pass HAs at all so I was surprised it worked with Ditto. But why would it work with Ditto and not the same type of Pok?mon?

Back