• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Well... I was jipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bells
ど
う
ぶ
つ
森
I traded for Lyle, and whaddya know, after 2+ weeks the card never showed up and she won't respond.

If you were willing to trade, I really want Lyle since he's my last special and I can trade one of my normals since I don't have any spares. >< I can also offer some TBT to make up for it!

Thank you!

//The last time the person was on was 2 days ago, so if she responds I will probably figure it all out but I've asked her a few days ago as well and she hasn't responded.

Last edited:
same thing happened to me =/ sorry for your struggle and good luck finding lyle!

I traded for Lyle, and whaddya know, after 2+ weeks the card never showed up and she won't respond.

If you were willing to trade, I really want Lyle since he's my last special and I can trade one of my normals since I don't have any spares. >< I can also offer some TBT to make up for it!

Thank you!

//The last time the person was on was 2 days ago, so if she responds I will probably figure it all out but I've asked her a few days ago as well and she hasn't responded.

leave her a terrible wi-fi rating. that's so messed up of people, seriously.

leave her a terrible wi-fi rating. that's so messed up of people, seriously.

I plan on it if she doesn't respond soon, I'm kinda ticked off since she asked for a few dollars along with the card to make up for the SP/normal trade, so it's kinda like um ok... plus she only lives 2 states away.

I plan on it if she doesn't respond soon, I'm kinda ticked off since she asked for a few dollars along with the card to make up for the SP/normal trade, so it's kinda like um ok... plus she only lives 2 states away.

I don't blame you for being ticked. You should also report her too; it's against forum rules to ask for real money for something you're trading on these forums, I think...

Last edited:

I dont understand how money would even be added to that equation. The special villagers seem less rare IMO since there are only a pool of 17 while normal villagers have a pool for near 80 therefore they're more rare. Also, I mailed to canada and EU and both cards got there in about a week, so two weeks over is definitely a red flag.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You should also report her too; it's against forum rules to ask for real money; I might be wrong.

I think its not in the rules for trading real life items for real life money. Only against the rules to trade real life items for TBT bells.

Wow, so you lost money AND a card. :( Hopefully it was an innocent mistake/she was busy but, unfortunately, I kind of doubt it. Good luck!

I dont understand how money would even be added to that equation. The special villagers seem less rare IMO since there are only a pool of 17 while normal villagers have a pool for near 80 therefore they're more rare. Also, I mailed to canada and EU and both cards got there in about a week, so two weeks over is definitely a red flag.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think its not in the rules for trading real life items for real life money. Only against the rules to trade real life items for TBT bells.

Ah okay. Thanks for clearing that up. (sorry then, Hidden Owl for a past comment I made ><; I'll go fix it right now)

It's a card, for a card. It's ridiculous someone would even ask that! Or care that much!

If I had a lyle I would post it to you even though I'm in the UK! You trade at your own risk, but I would still leave her a bad wifi rating and warn people so they don't fall for it as well! Sorry this happened to you :(

Agreed. It would make sense the other way around, but money + a regular villager for Lyle (a special) is weird.

2 weeks is not necessarily a red flag though. It depends on where it's going. I know certain countries like to hold things in customs for a while. I used to send things to a guy from The Netherlands (a friend) and it would take 4-6 weeks for things to get to him sometimes. This was not slow marked mail either. This was USPS Priority Mail. It would get to the Netherlands quick, but then the Netherlands customs would just keep it in their office for weeks and weeks.

Agreed. It would make sense the other way around, but money + a regular villager for Lyle (a special) is weird.

2 weeks is not necessarily a red flag though. It depends on where it's going. I know certain countries like to hold things in customs for a while. I used to send things to a guy from The Netherlands (a friend) and it would take 4-6 weeks for things to get to him sometimes. This was not slow marked mail either. This was USPS Priority Mail. It would get to the Netherlands quick, but then the Netherlands customs would just keep it in their office for weeks and weeks.

sorry i meant a red flag for her because she said the trade was with someone who was 2 states over so Im assuming the same country

Wow, so you lost money AND a card. :( Hopefully it was an innocent mistake/she was busy but, unfortunately, I kind of doubt it. Good luck!

even if she was busy, it's common courtesy to let your customer's know that you're late and that you will still be sending it.. leaving someone int he dark after a purchase is incredibly rude.

i bought a ton of fanmade exo cards and posters from this person on tumblr once and she had me 100% in the loop the entire time. during purchasing, during shipping, and even tracked the package for me and let me know the exact date it would arrive and it did.

being busy isn't an excuse to spend 1 minute messaging someone about something they spent real life money on. :/

Well people tend to want to trade 2 Normals for 1 SP so I was trying to be considerate.

She lives in UT and I live in CA, so there should be no excuse since I received cards from Canada sooner than a week.

I gave her a bad rating, please let me know if she makes any activity on here.

EDIT: AHHH, in her trading thread she explained the problem and hopefull I will be getting the card soon. Sorry to make you all part of this! I will ask the mods to fix my rating.

Last edited:
i'm glad it ended up alright!! still seems inconsiderate for them to not communicate with you but better late than never.

the user i got jipped from never even logged on again so, I was actually screwed lol. I just bought the cards off ebay to finish my set and left the a bad rating. I just checked and still havn't logged on so I guess thats an admission of guilt on its own.

This is too bad! I am actually going through a similar situation ... Mailed cards to a member in Quebec ... Never received mine in return ... No response to messages, etc, and have heard from someone else on the forum that they have experienced the exact non-satisfactory trade.
If I had Lyle I would send him to you, but sadly I don't ❤️❤️❤️
Glad yours was resolved, Hun ... :D

Last edited:
This is too bad! I am actually going through a similar situation ... Mailed cards to a member in Quebec ... Never received mine in return ... No response to messages, etc, and have heard from someone else on the forum that they have experienced the exact non-satisfactory trade.
If I had Lyle I would send him to you, but sadly I don't ❤️❤️❤️
Glad yours was resolved, Hun ... :D
AHHH I GOT YOUR CARDS TODAY!! TYSM!M!!!

Wow sorry to hear this happened. :( Not cool.

Oh glad it got resolved! Phew.

Last edited:
got a funny feeling the cards that have been sent to me wont turn up either. its been a week and a half and we live fairly close.
we have traded once before without a problem so im thinking maybe the post office has lost them :(

the person you traded with should be given negative feedback regardless if they turn up or not - mainly because they shouldn't be asking people for money when it's always been against the rules, even before the official trading forum was set up. if people want money they need to go on ebay then :l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back