Candy Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Blue Balloon
Fair Pinwheel
Togepi Easter Egg
Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Fair Pinwheel
Who here left motion controls on, and who disabled them?

I disabled them simply because I prefer just using the right analog stick.

I have read the claim, though, that the best players using motion controls will always have better aim than the best players who have disabled them. Everyone agree with that?

I have motion controls on cause I find it so much easier but I cant tell you how many times I have died from forgetting to use the right analog to turn and I jsut keep shooting forwards or turn my body to an awkward position in order to shoot someone.

I keep motion controls on, haven't tried an actual turf wars game w/o it. But I tried using the regular wii u controller in the 1v1 mode, definitely wasn't used to using the right analog to look up and I felt like I couldn't aim as quick.

I have it off because all the weapons I use have no need for motion controls. If you're using long range weapons (Squelchers or Chargers), you definitely want the motion controls on, as they make aiming a LOT easier, at least from my experience.

I left them on. I actually much prefer them, which is saying something since I'm usually really against them.

Using only analog sticks felt awful when I tried it.

I left them on but I turned the sensitivity down

I left them on. I actually much prefer them, which is saying something since I'm usually really against them.

Using only analog sticks felt awful when I tried it.

I'm the opposite. I usually like motion controls, but not here.

I definitely prefer using both motion controls for aiming up and down, while using the right stick to aim left and right. That way, I won't have to recenter the camera far too often than I would like.

I definitely prefer using both motion controls for aiming up and down, while using the right stick to aim left and right. That way, I won't have to recenter the camera far too often than I would like.
I always use the right stick for left and right directions.
Also, I use the highest sensitivity for almost any game >u<

Last edited:
I have them on. I never turned them off because I kept hearing they actually worked really well, and now I"m just so used to it.

Oop, I guess I should clarify: Motion for vertical, analog stick for horizontal.

Last edited:
I leave the motion controls on. I tried turning them off but having one more thing to manually control with my fingers just gets me confused and overwhelmed. Plus I'm one of the few people who taught themselves to play Mario Kart Wii with only motion controls and still play Mario Kart 8 like that to this day, so the learning curve to using them in Splatoon isn't a big deal for me. It's challenging but I don't mind. ^.^

I use motion controls but I didn't at first. Eventually I learned that you do adapt to it and it makes things easier lol

Back