• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia TBT Mini Mafia XVII - Kissing to be Clever [Game Over/Town Win]

No third parties is a major plus, and given the nature of the game, if third parties did exist, they'd definitely participate in mini games.

Modkillis are a weird response to editing posts, usually people use modkills. Each to their own I guess.

Forek, you appear nervous, care to explain why? (I've decided to use RVS over RQS this time since RVS is smoother method of starting a game on this site because too many people are anti-RQS and therefore it's liable to just create needless filler whilst people argue passionately about their opinion on it without divulging any clue as to their alignment.)

Posting to check in is achieving pretty much nothing and isn't going to get us anywhere. Only useful posts so far have been Dad's and Trundle's, and while both contribute, neither offers the vaguest clue as to their alignments. We're still at square one boys, we're still at square one.

On the bright side, there's plenty of filler to tackle. And to get to the meat of my post... Forek, why did you want to know '..if the game started when everyone checked in..' if you weren't going to do anything that required the game starting?

No third parties is a major plus, and given the nature of the game, if third parties did exist, they'd definitely participate in mini games.

Modkillis are a weird response to editing posts, usually people use modkills. Each to their own I guess.

Forek, you appear nervous, care to explain why? (I've decided to use RVS over RQS this time since RVS is smoother method of starting a game on this site because too many people are anti-RQS and therefore it's liable to just create needless filler whilst people argue passionately about their opinion on it without divulging any clue as to their alignment.)

Posting to check in is achieving pretty much nothing and isn't going to get us anywhere. Only useful posts so far have been Dad's and Trundle's, and while both contribute, neither offers the vaguest clue as to their alignments. We're still at square one boys, we're still at square one.

On the bright side, there's plenty of filler to tackle. And to get to the meat of my post... Forek, why did you want to know '..if the game started when everyone checked in..' if you weren't going to do anything that required the game starting?

I seem nervous? I'm not really feeling it. I only wanted to know if you needed to check in for you to start posting.

You seem pretty confident that I'm a mafia don't you, Endless?

Hello, im here (essentially checking in).
Should be here a fair bit today but I still have a week of school to go, so weekdays im not around mid-day (not that that matters with all of the time zones).

I seem nervous? I'm not really feeling it. I only wanted to know if you needed to check in for you to start posting.

You seem pretty confident that I'm a mafia don't you, Endless?

This, boys and girls, is exactly what I wanted to see.
He (I assume) stuck to his decision and provided reasonable explanation for it, rebuffed my push, and omgused me. Classic new player play as town. While it's not set in stone, it is reasonably likely that Forek is, in fact, a town player at this point. I could be wrong but the combination of lack of hesitation (post came really fast after mine) and the simple logic I'm town->He's trying to lynch me-> He's trying to lynch town-> Only mafia try to lynch town that causes omgus reactions slots him strongly into the town book at this point.

pillow bunny, let's get this ball rolling. Why does your post look like a carbon copy of the post above it with the emote changed? You absolutely reeked town last time, despite me misconstruing your posts to get you lynched. Given that, unless your red-game rocks for a new player, your alignment shouldn't be too hard to deduce this game.

This, boys and girls, is exactly what I wanted to see.
He (I assume) stuck to his decision and provided reasonable explanation for it, rebuffed my push, and omgused me. Classic new player play as town. While it's not set in stone, it is reasonably likely that Forek is, in fact, a town player at this point. I could be wrong but the combination of lack of hesitation (post came really fast after mine) and the simple logic I'm town->He's trying to lynch me-> He's trying to lynch town-> Only mafia try to lynch town that causes omgus reactions slots him strongly into the town book at this point.

pillow bunny, let's get this ball rolling. Why does your post look like a carbon copy of the post above it with the emote changed? You absolutely reeked town last time, despite me misconstruing your posts to get you lynched. Given that, unless your red-game rocks for a new player, your alignment shouldn't be too hard to deduce this game.

What can i say, I can't kill anyone becuase only mafia can. Do you think, if i was mafia, that i would be trying my hardest to deceive you? I would, I'm pretty sure anybody would.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You have my unvote endless, i dont think it was the right choice. I think the bunny is pretty suspish right now.

What can i say, I can't kill anyone becuase only mafia can. Do you think, if i was mafia, that i would be trying my hardest to deceive you? I would, I'm pretty sure anybody would.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You have my unvote endless, i dont think it was the right choice. I think the bunny is pretty suspish right now.

Why are you so hasty to vote? A revenge vote? What is it going to accomplish that you hastily voted against the one who accused you? Why are you suddenly bandwagoning onto bunny because of the one post? Go think for yourself.

you know I have a weird feeling that both endless and forek are mafia and are just bussing each other
I mean it's pretty extreme considering the game hasn't even been up for a day and they're calling each other mafia and then calling it off

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why are you so hasty to vote? A revenge vote? What is it going to accomplish that you hastily voted against the one who accused you? Why are you suddenly bandwagoning onto bunny because of the one post? Go think for yourself.

I can't tell whether he's following his could-be scum buddy or just a really newb town that decides to fully trust whoever calls him town aligned

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't see anything weird about his "carbon copy" post but please do detail how he wrecked town last time a bit more
If he's just going to ruin town pretty much regardless of his faction I don't see why he shouldn't be lynched but, if his alignment can be easily deduced as you claim then we should wait for him to post more

- - - Post Merge - - -

Btw @endless what's the vote on LeBelle? Is s/he even a player I don't see it on the list :eek:

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh nvm^ I see is it LaBelleFleur?
Can you give reasoning please

you know I have a weird feeling that both endless and forek are mafia and are just bussing each other
I mean it's pretty extreme considering the game hasn't even been up for a day and they're calling each other mafia and then calling it off
This is the sort of thing it's good to point out post 1 person or another flipping mafia, not something to include into the day 1 rubble. Team-reads are notoriously inefficient in forum mafia pre-flip, especially when the base is as faulty as this ones is. (My vote switch was thoroughly explained and his reaction was the normal reaction I get when I pull that sort of move.)

That being said, I'm pleased you're trying to red-hunt rather than continuing the trend of doing nothing, I approve of accusations and I encourage you to say everything that you're thinking so that other people can get a better idea of whether it's genuine or whether you're faking it.

Don't know how I feel about Trundle's post. I love it when people question other people but Forek already answered some of those questions himself and/or the answer to some of them are intuitive. However, ignoring the dumb questions, some of those questions and the final piece he tacked on the end are actually contributing to the day. That being said, I heavily dis-encourage anyone who isn't Forek to reply to this. This if Forek to answer and Forek alone.

Pre-post edit: @Karen Reeked not wrecked. All his questions were genuine and he blatantly felt proud about his red-read. + his reaction to getting lynched was so innocent. Also, the response to Trundle's post is p good, and when I said earlier that people shouldn't respond to it except Forek, I meant people shouldn't answer it except Forek. The kind of comment Karen made was fine.

Pre-post edit#2: @Karen thanks, that was meant to be on pillow. :blush:

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP: Oh yeah, forgot to mention. @Karen carbon copies can be red-tells since red players often don't know what to post to appear town, and therefore emulate someone they know is town to appear town, if that makes sense. It's no where close to a strong tell and I'm not pushing it as such. It is, however, a potential tell.

ok just going to post some thoughts:

Forek and Endless arguing near the start seemed suspicious, and i can see somethings from that. They cant both be mafia, unless it was a massive set up but why so early in the game? But, that doesnt mean that there are not both town.

At the moment, my suspicions are on Endless. He is constantly pointing someone out and its not necessary this early when most people have posted one post..? Yes, its nice to get the ball rolling but this seems excessive and pointless. Seems to me that he is trying very hard to seem town.

Also, the "clap clap you asked a question" or "thanks for playing the game unlike others" is getting on my nerves. You are not superior and in all honesty it is making me trust you less as it seems like you are using flattery to gain trust.
probably going to get called out by him now haha

ok just going to post some thoughts:

Forek and Endless arguing near the start seemed suspicious, and i can see somethings from that. They cant both be mafia, unless it was a massive set up but why so early in the game? But, that doesnt mean that there are not both town.

At the moment, my suspicions are on Endless. He is constantly pointing someone out and its not necessary this early when most people have posted one post..? Yes, its nice to get the ball rolling but this seems excessive and pointless. Seems to me that he is trying very hard to seem town.

Also, the "clap clap you asked a question" or "thanks for playing the game unlike others" is getting on my nerves. You are not superior and in all honesty it is making me trust you less as it seems like you are using flattery to gain trust.
probably going to get called out by him now haha

Question: Why would i bus Endless if i already knew he was Red? It seriously doesn't make sense doing something so useless at the beginning of the game. If i WERE red, i would wait for him to kill some kp first, instead of bus him on the first day......

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hasty to vote? Simple, i have not much time tomorrow and half of today. I want to finish it before i forget and get modkilled. Voted for one who accused me? I thought he was really suspicious AT THAT TIME. And at that time it was really late, so there is still time to change it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, day ends at like 1pm for me... So i would like to vote before then. If someone even more suspiciously acts, then i shall change my mind, as a did in my other post.

Question: Why would i bus Endless if i already knew he was Red? It seriously doesn't make sense doing something so useless at the beginning of the game. If i WERE red, i would wait for him to kill some kp first, instead of bus him on the first day......

Usually the first name brought up never gets lynched Day One; at least that's how it's been in the past.

By bussing a mafia teammate, you can protect yourself later in the game if one of you were to die by simply saying "Hey I was suspicious of them, you can somewhat trust me now!"

@Trundle votes put pressure on people to talk and answer questions. We can unvote, so please chill. Not everyone probably has day powers like you and thus their only power is voting. :rolleyes:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hasty to vote? Simple, i have not much time tomorrow and half of today. I want to finish it before i forget and get modkilled. Voted for one who accused me? I thought he was really suspicious AT THAT TIME. And at that time it was really late, so there is still time to change it.
"Kill some kp"? Please extrapolate to what you mean here. As far as I'm aware the structure of the designation of the red teams kills isn't known.

@Cariad: I appreciate the fact that you're trying to get reads and I can understand how someone would see me as someone who was 'attempting to appear town', but at this point it's pretty important to make the distinction between someone who is attempting to help town and someone who is trying to appear as if he's helping town. Doing the latter is a red tell and doing the former shouldn't ever be one - even if it's excessive. Since viewing it as a red tell is effectively encouraging people to not try to help town.

"Kill some kp"? Please extrapolate to what you mean here. As far as I'm aware the structure of the designation of the red teams kills isn't known.

@Cariad: I appreciate the fact that you're trying to get reads and I can understand how someone would see me as someone who was 'attempting to appear town', but at this point it's pretty important to make the distinction between someone who is attempting to help town and someone who is trying to appear as if he's helping town. Doing the latter is a red tell and doing the former shouldn't ever be one - even if it's excessive. Since viewing it as a red tell is effectively encouraging people to not try to help town.

Oops, meant Kill some people first. It's called mafia kill power, or no?

hope I don?t actually get lynched over an emote. tbh I was trying to keep my post as simple as possible so it didn?t get me accused of being mafia but I guess that didn?t work.

Not much has happened, but I?m suspicious of Forek (and no, I?m not just saying this because he voted for me). He(?) went from accusing Endless to supporting him in two seconds, which points to him being either mafia trying to cover his tracks or a noob who?ll just copy whatever everyone else is doing. And his follow up post (167) was erratic and kind of ridiculous.

Endless is acting really confident, and it kind of irks me how he?s essentially appointed himself as the leader of town. His exclamation of praise for Forek was odd too, but he was mafia last game and I doubt he would be twice in a row.

- - - Post Merge - - -

whoops, posted before I saw 173 and the stuff after it. I'll read them and reply again after I have a bath

@Trundle votes put pressure on people to talk and answer questions. We can unvote, so please chill. Not everyone probably has day powers like you and thus their only power is voting. :rolleyes:

This is correct. I applied pressure on Endless to step up to the plate and defend himself, as he did with me. Now with 2 votes under pillow bunnys belt, i shall see the result.

- - - Post Merge - - -

hope I don’t actually get lynched over an emote. tbh I was trying to keep my post as simple as possible so it didn’t get me accused of being mafia but I guess that didn’t work.

Not much has happened, but I’m suspicious of Forek (and no, I’m not just saying this because he voted for me). He(?) went from accusing Endless to supporting him in two seconds, which points to him being either mafia trying to cover his tracks or a noob who’ll just copy whatever everyone else is doing. And his follow up post (167) was erratic and kind of ridiculous.

Endless is acting really confident, and it kind of irks me how he’s essentially appointed himself as the leader of town. His exclamation of praise for Forek was odd too, but he was mafia last game and I doubt he would be twice in a row.

Why would i try cover up my tracks with a method so stupid like i did with my other posts? Go ahead, lynch me. I'll probably go down faster then Azdoctor in game one at this point. Don't forget, you're lynching town if you do.

Forek, why would you wait for me to kill some people first? What's stopping you doing that after busing me and getting towncred.

@Pillow The reason I'm voting you is exactly that; you made a play that was an attempt to appear town. Attempting to appear town is pointless as both alignments can easily do it. Moreover, it's something red players feel much more obligated to do, since they're often more concerned about whether people perceive them as town or not.

Forek, why would you wait for me to kill some people first? What's stopping you doing that after busing me and getting towncred.

@Pillow The reason I'm voting you is exactly that; you made a play that was an attempt to appear town. Attempting to appear town is pointless as both alignments can easily do it. Moreover, it's something red players feel much more obligated to do, since they're often more concerned about whether people perceive them as town or not.
Uh because if you were mafia, and one trying to bus another, why wouldn't you act town for the first day then second day comes around lynch one of your teammates?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Let me rephrase that actually, if somebody were mafia, and you were mafia, but your second or third guy is kinda on his own, wouldn't you wait to see who is trustworthy for the town before randomly bussing your teammate?

Back