Dragon Ball XenoVerse

I am, just got the Game + Season Pass bundle on Steam this morning!

So what exactly is new about this one compared to the last few?

I ask this as a genuine question since to me, Dragonball games are something that I can usually skip 5 or 6 of without missing anything special since the changes are largely non existent and the story is usually the exact same thing over and over with barely any change.

I can gather from the trailer that they've tried something different with the story. It's the exact same thing except you're some sort of time traveler making sure events pan out as they're supposed to because for some reason they're messed up. It's a change but it's pretty small overall the way I'm viewing it. Can you mess up the events?

Is the gameplay something new?

I would like to buy it "because Dragonball", but if it's another skipable one I don't want to go out of my way to play it.

Last edited:
One of my friends already owns the game! He owns the Japanese version, and he claims it's really good. So far, it looks polished and fun! I may pick it up depending how well the PC version goes. I'm hoping the game won't become empty after a few weeks. :s

The style of the models kinda irks me, though I suppose I wouldn't notice that much during combat.

It looks interesting, and maybe I'll buy it when it's a bit cheaper. It depends on how well it's received. The last DBZ game I played was Raging Blast 2, which was crap, so I'm hoping that this one turns out to be good.

Back