• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Splatoon Splatoon General Discussion (HYPE THREAD)

Everything is going to be alright.

I actually like the commercial where it has the "splatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatata splatoon" in it. It was just such a cheesy 90's commercial song, but in a way I liked. Kinda fits the game in my opinion.

The 'squid kid' one I laughed at at first because it was silly, but it would probably annoy me if I sat through it again.

I'm really tempted to go to my local Walmart at launch to pick up Splatoon and hopefully the 3-pack of Amiibo. As thankfully my small town Walmart doesn't get picked over quite as fast as the big city ones. (I went late on the launch of the Super Mario Amiibo/Mario Party 10 release date and still saw 3 Toads in stock). Fingers crossed.

Everything is going to be alright.

i pressed play and then i went to a new tab and forgot and then like 6 seconds in the noises started and it sounded like someone just a rly bad case of explosive diarrhoea

I'm really tempted to go to my local Walmart at launch to pick up Splatoon and hopefully the 3-pack of Amiibo. As thankfully my small town Walmart doesn't get picked over quite as fast as the big city ones. (I went late on the launch of the Super Mario Amiibo/Mario Party 10 release date and still saw 3 Toads in stock). Fingers crossed.

Well did you play the global testfire? That was what sold the deal for me. XD If not, then there will be another global testfire on the 23rd (10pm UK time, but I don't know what that would be for everyone else). So you could always play that to see if you like the game.

Well did you play the global testfire? That was what sold the deal for me. XD If not, then there will be another global testfire on the 23rd (10pm UK time, but I don't know what that would be for everyone else). So you could always play that to see if you like the game.

I thought it was 11pm UK time o.o

yea, it's 11pm UK time

It's 10-11 I have it down as. It starts at 3pm PT time, and I think we're 7 hours ahead.... I think. I may double check.

Edit: Wait, no. I'm dumb. I forgot we're now in summer.... Damn, I'm probably going to have to miss it. XD

Last edited:
Holy cow that's obnoxious. I get it, you're a kid, you're a squid. Are all of the NA commercials that bad? :eek:

Thats actually something someone edited. I know for a fact it was not that repetitive, it was only said about 5 times, not 20 XD

Okay, I just watched the actual commercials that someone posted a ways back in the thread and they're so kid-oriented and Nickelodeon-esque little kid toy commercial style. Really, Nintendo? Is that what you think of us North American gamers? (Not that is is new news, but still.)

Okay, I just watched the actual commercials that someone posted a ways back in the thread and they're so kid-oriented and Nickelodeon-esque little kid toy commercial style. Really, Nintendo? Is that what you think of us North American gamers? (Not that is is new news, but still.)
Lol yeah it is pretty childish advertising, but they would probably have most older people hooked already just because it's a shooter :p

umm not trying to be rude but that "promo" is blatantly an edit..

I thought it seemed kind of weird, but I hadn't seen any of the Splatoon commercials before. Realized when I watched the actual commercials that were posted a ways back in the thread & some people here told me. :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lol yeah it is pretty childish advertising, but they would probably have most older people hooked already just because it's a shooter :p

That's true... doesn't make it any less cringe-inducing, though.

I feel like the "older" gamers are more reeled in by the conferences and direct, and then the kids get their kiddie commercials. I mean, I don't like the ads, personally, but I can see why they might be the way they are. Even if it's a shooter, they are still a kid-friendly company for the most part, and Splatoon isn't something that has "mature only" all over it.

Unfortunately no, I had to miss them... :( I'm going to try to catch the last one on the 23rd if possible. Thanks! ^.^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Downloading the Testfire Demo right now so I'm ready for the 23rd. Gotta love the eshop music haha! ^.^

Unfortunately no, I had to miss them... :( I'm going to try to catch the last one on the 23rd if possible. Thanks! ^.^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Downloading the Testfire Demo right now so I'm ready for the 23rd. Gotta love the eshop music haha! ^.^

Hopefully you'll be able to catch the last demo! When I played it, it was tons of fun. Hopefully by playing the demo, you can see how you feel about controls and the style, etc. When we all get to play the demo again, I wish you the best of luck in your matches! ^_^

Back