• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia [Unofficial] Mafia - Factions

BlueLeaf

(╯° °)╯︵ ┻━┻
Bells
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Yellow Candy
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Mafia - Factions

Introduction:

The mystical creature Jubs was at it again with his crazy antics. Jubs was bored and wanted to see some bloodshed and some possible drama. He looked for a cozy town where everyone was living a good life and decided to ruin their lives. He called everyone and made them fight with each other, with the winners being able to grant one wish. Everyone was in it for both personal reasons and the wish. Let the fight begin!

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.

Roles

This game uses an Open setup. There will be no secret roles of any kind. Roles will be chosen via randomizer, so levels of experience will not apply towards your role. The following roles will be present:

Townsperson x2 - You were just an innocent Townsperson until the mystical creature Jubs came along and made you fight with other people. You must lynch both Fanatics, as they are crazy with dead bodies. You don't want dead bodies all over your town, do you?

Fanatics x2 - You are obsessed with dead bodies so much that you don't mind killing people. You felt a rush of energy once Jubs made you fight with other people, imagine all of the dead bodies! However, the Townspeople are tired with your obsession and they seek to destroy you. You must lynch both Townspeople, before they lynch you.

Merchant - Your shop was going smoothly until Jubs made the entire town fight against each other. Your shop was raided and your family was killed, so in revenge, you seek to destroy the Fanatics and Townspeople. You must lynch 1 Fanatic and 1 Townsperson.

Grim Reaper - You were once busy handling all of the dead bodies and spirits, but work has been falling short around where your area. You looked around for a new area of bodies. Conveniently enough, you saw a whole Town fighting against each other. Jubs made you participate as well ; as a result, you were turned into a mortal. You must lynch 1 Fanatic, 1 Townsperson, and 1 Merchant.

This game may be unbalanced! PLEASE play according to your win condition. Once an alignment wins, the game is over.

The game will start on Day 1. There are no Nights in this game. This is intended to be a short game. The flavor text won't be a masterpiece either.

Game Setup Rules:

PMs

This is a NO-PM game. This means that ALL interactions between players must take place on this thread. If you are caught discussing the game out of this thread, I will modkill and ban you from all of my future games. Yes that means No PMs, No IRC, no Skype.

Activity:
There are no activity requirements.

Wisdom of the Crowds
Wisdom of the Crowds is not in effect.

Replacements
This game doesn't use Replacements.

Time Cycle:
There are only Days, no Nights. There is no time limit to when Day ends, but keep it to a reasonable extent.

Smurfs:
Smurfs and Hydras are not allowed.

Rules:

Cheating:
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Posting a false role PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.
YOU MAY ONLY COPY AND PASTE TEXT FOR USE AS EVIDENCE. POSTING SCREENSHOTS OR ANY OTHER NON-TEXT EVIDENCE IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS EVIDENCE THAT IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE FOR ALL PLAYERS TO CHECK (eg. post counts in a thread). IT IS BEST IF YOU CHECK WITH ME FIRST.

Cheating is not tolerated here as it ruins the game for everyone. The mods and admins here CAN take action.

Mod Font:
This is the mod colour. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is the question colour. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

Spam:
Strategic spam is acceptable, within reason. Don't be a tool about it. Mafia is also not a ****ing roleplay.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything. The board software automatically merges the posts anyway.

Inappropriate posts:
Mafia games can get heated and emotional. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia stays in Mafia. Don't let things spill over to the rest of the forum, it's just a game. If you are unhappy with a player's posts, PM me first. Only if you are dissatisfied with the outcome should you involve the TBT staff.

Observers' Chat:
Feel free to post that you want the Observers' chat, but don't expect a lot of discussion in there.

Play to win.
That said, you should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. Clearly not playing towards your win objective will be grounds for a modkill and personal ban from me. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.

This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM me host if you need to leave the game.

You have been warned.

Voting rules:

1. This game uses Majority Lynch. As soon as majority is reached, that player will be lynched. Remember that you can ##Unvote at any time.
2. You must vote. Voting for No Lynch is not allowed.
3. Voting is done in this thread.
4. Please vote in the following format: ##Vote: Username. Votes not done in the correct fashion may not be counted.
5. If you want to change your vote, first type ##Unvote followed by your new vote ##Vote: Username. You can change your vote at any time and as much as you like (within reason) up until a majority is reached.
6. No conditional voting.
7. You may vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.

If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I will not compensate for ignorance! I reserve the right to reject any player I want from the game. However, it is unlikely you will be denied, unless you have a serious case of inactivity.

Playerlist (without filters):

1. Crystal
2. alise
3. oath2order
4. tsundere
5. Cory
6. Dolby
Players remaining: 6/6
Natty
Sataric
FireNinja1
ryan88
Marii
Farobi
gamora

Last edited:
Another unofficial -_-

Obs.
I think it's alright as long as players don't join all 3 games (this, Minties, and yours). I'll edit the OP to accommodate your game. And confirmed.

this looks good.
in!
Do you promise to be active in both this game and Oath's game? I don't want his game to become inactive (like last time oops)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would like to join please
Because of the new change, I'm going to have to deny you. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Last edited:
I think it's alright as long as players don't join all 3 games (this, Minties, and yours). I'll edit the OP to accommodate your game. And confirmed.

Do you promise to be active in both this game and Oath's game? I don't want his game to become inactive (like last time oops)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Because of the new change, I'm going to have to deny you. Sorry for any inconvenience!

well, i guess if i had to choose one mafia to be in it would be the zelda one....
Sorry

/obs because I just know that I'll be rejected if I /in.
Meh, I'm willing to give you a chance if you'd like, as long as you promise to stay active in this game. If you prove to be inactive this game, then expect some future denials (that's assuming I'll even be hosting another game).

@BerryPop: If you'd still like to join, I don't mind. :)

Meh, I'm willing to give you a chance if you'd like, as long as you promise to stay active in this game. If you prove to be inactive this game, then expect some future denials (that's assuming I'll even be hosting another game).

@BerryPop: If you'd still like to join, I don't mind. :)

He doesn't deserve another chance.

Your opinion has been taken into consideration.

I don't mind if the game is put on hold for another time, if sign-ups aren't filled up soon.

When somebody continually asks for another chance and never cares or improves, it's time to stop giving them a chance.

I would rather not. Thanks though, I may consider playing another game in the (distant, I truly suck) future. :)

Last edited:
Back