• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Battle for Mount Olympus Mafia (Game Over/Mafia Win)

Reading through the posts, both MissNiamh and JellofishXD stick out to me as they did to many of you.

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...lympus-Mafia&p=3580811&viewfull=1#post3580811

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...lympus-Mafia&p=3580823&viewfull=1#post3580823

These posts were made less than 3.5 hours after the roles were sent. Not to mention that it was in the middle of the night for North America and early in the morning for the UK, so only the night people and Australians would be up at this time. Since not many players had posted yet, I'm wondering why MissNiamh specifically picked out these three players.

Not only does day have 7.5 hours left as I'm posting this, but it's the weekend and I don't know what you mean by "lately he's just be quiet" considering I haven't played a real mafia game since May. So what does "lately" mean?
Niamh continued discussing the names brought up by Tsun and I clearly. :/ I brought up Sid and Jello, while Tsun brought up Ryan as a possible day one lynch. And while you may not have signed up for a game, you've replaced many players since then (most recent one being XCOM). So unless you expect me to believe that you play completely different when you replace someone, you've been very quiet vocally in the past few games.

Definitely this. I was so frustrated at Tom after he killed off everyone in Sunleuth who suspected him because the rest of town forgot him. I'm currently neutral about him because idk he kinda has the same vibe as town or scum? He usually doesn't start posting a lot until Day 2 or 3.

I don't really recall Tom to be a person who exaggerates but who knows :confused:. When I was reading his post before I came upon Jeremy's reply I called BS - he hasn't played for like 2 months and was fairly active in Mean Girls. Maybe Tom is super forgetful? idk. Though Tom keeps saying he's okay with lynching everyone so would he be okay if we lynched him??? :rolleyes:

Though I probably would feel a bit nervous about lynching Tom so early since he always acts really fking weird on Day 1. I guess maybe on Day 2 or Day 3 it will be easier to get a better judgement on him. At least in Cell Mafia he went beyond the stars and spent like 5 hours on a post! Do that again so I can laugh at you!

Good point. And I think actually three people have hinted at being a townie, which is very annoying. Don't claim unless you're like a vote away from getting lynched. It's okay if you can't answer this Minties, but would the godfather (if there even is one) get the townie roleclaim name?

I think MissNiamh probably won't get on until a hour or two from her lynch, but as others have said she's acting very odd. ##VOTE: MissNiamh
Personally I didn't make the kills in Sunleth, I just blocked. c: You can thank Minties for killing the vocals. And yes, I try to post the same as maf/town knowingly this works for and against me. My true colors usually show a few days into the game, so please bear with me and my shady self. :)

Jeremy's played XCOM, pretty sure it hasn't been two whole months since that at least. Maybe a little exaggeration, but Jeremy is typically a quiet player and at that point in the game I really expected him to have posted something. Of course I'm okay with lynching generally inactive players, Jeremy contributes but he tends to lurk quite often so he's always a player I like to keep my eye on. :) I am not spending two hours on a post again for nothing

As it is, I'm probably going to hold off on voting just a little longer as I want to see how this swings and if Niamh will get on before the end of the voting period to properly respond to us.

@Tom, I was a replacement in XCOM and Mean Girls. It's not quite the same thing, and I only entered those games so there wouldn't be modkills.

There does seem to be quite a bit of support for lynching MissNoodle, and that could possibly be troubling. Either many people are following suit because she is in fact scum and her slip ups are genuine - Undeniably, she is the most suspicious person in the game right now for me at least. However, it could also be that the real scummies are trying to get her out because she is town, and then when she flips innocent they'll pull the "Well, everyone else was doing it.." excuse and just hide in the crowd. So we must be cautious.

But no matter how you twist and turn it, we would definitely get some information out of lynching her. If she's town, we could then analyze who seemed the most eager to get rid of her, and who followed suit for the poorest reasons. If she's scum, we could see who seemed reluctant to talk about her or vote for her. It would give us something to work with. That alone makes it better than the no-lynch option at least.

@Tsundere - I cannot reveal that information.

Current Votes:

No Lynch: (3)

ITookYourWaffles
MissNiamh
JellofishXD

MissNiamh: (7)

Sid2125
Jeremy
Crystal
Sataric
Tsundere
Feloreena
Ryan88

No one is currently set to be lynched.

There are 14 players, it takes 8 to lynch.

Days ends in roughly 2 and a half hours and will not be extended.

Last edited:
Marii and Jeremy has not said anything yet. Hopefully they will contribute soon.

Heyy Marii where are you?

Mari hasn't been active on IRC today so I think she's just out somewhere or something

I didn't mention Mari because as far as I'm aware, Mari is a new forum mafia player and I don't like lynching new players. :) If Mari isn't a new forum mafia player, then I'm fine with lynching her too.

Finally, Jeremy and Marii stand out because of their inactivity. I hope they will start to contribute or they are no help to town in the long run, and of course could potentially be scum trying to hide.

To address the above quotes: I'm so sorry about my inactivity! I'm not trying to make excuses, but I suddenly had a lot of family over at my house unexpectedly, and I ended up forgetting I was playing a mafia game. (I haven't played forum mafia since Newbie Mafia I, which was also my first game. Sorry; love you, minties!)

Sid and Jello scum team? Could be a possibility.

This quote, among other quotes, makes me a little suspicious of you. Although you were simply pointing out a possibility, it's as if you want the attention drawn on you. However, this contradicts my earlier suspicion that Jello was scum.

Dont you just love how ppl target ME for the tiniest reasons just because I'm more likely to make wrong decisions!
I claimed to defend myself! Let's be real if I didn't I wouldn't be posting I'd be dead when a potential scum kill could've happened!
Actually if you read my reply to Gandalf I was fully aware ppl said me.
Suspect wise
No one really stands out and I wanna hear Sid and Maris side
##VOTE No Lynch (for now)

I think it's selfish of you to roleclaim on Day 1 just to save yourself. There definitely are better ways to defend yourself instead of narrowing down the number of blues and greens for scum. Though you did say a role name and describe the role, that doesn't automatically clear you. I want to vote for you; like others have said, you could be a godfather who knows the name of the townie role, but there isn't enough evidence for you, yet, I don't think. I'll be voting for MissNiamh, but I'm going to keep a close eye on you.

S
Ty Tom!

It was a last resort and from my memory claiming when your about to be lynched always drives suspicion towards yourself even more then or later

See above.

Jellofish is still a potential Godfather candidate but it's also entirely possible that they are just a frustrated and panicked Townie. Sid confirmed that he got the Townies name correctly, which means that two people have claimed Townie already. Very foolish if their claims are true.

But the one that sticks out the most BY FAR in my eyes is MissNoodle. She begins the game with very quickly mentioning a few people that she thinks "is inactive" long before many of the players have even posted anything, which seems almost bloodthirsty. When people aren't quite taking the bait, she switches to a No Lynch tactic in order to appear "innocent" yet prevent Town from making progress.

And as Crystal said, she then claimed to be going to bed yet kept on posting on TBT in other threads. Her defense for that is what really raised tons of red flags for me:

As soon as she is called out, she doesn't really defend herself despite having the chance to do so, and instead just retreats hoping the whole thing will blow over. If you were truly Town I reckon you'd spend five minutes of effort in order to prove your innocence, and not just saying "I sound scummy. I better leave" which is essentially what she did.

I will ##VOTE: MissNiamh. I'm willing to change my vote to a more inactive player if that's what the majority wishes to do. I think that the No Lynch path is a mistake though, especially in a closed set-up. We won't make any progress like that.

You make very good points, and I agree with you 100%. I'm a little suspicious of Jellofish right now, but MissNiamh definitely stands out more.

Sid2125 threw me off a bit with this quote:

It's the third implied townie claim we have in the thread after being told multiple times to stop with the claiming and that it's a terrible idea. It's very possible that a mafia member would try to claim townie this way if other members had done the same, and again, it seems likely that the Godfather was given the townie name regardless.

MissNiamh seems to be a good lynch candidate due to her slip-ups and lack of solid defence despite having the chance to if she would put in the effort. Sataric's post shows all the evidence here so I won't repeat it.

You do bring up a good point about Sid. I'll be keeping an eye on him as well as Jellofish.

As it is, I'm probably going to hold off on voting just a little longer as I want to see how this swings and if Niamh will get on before the end of the voting period to properly respond to us.

I don't think Niamh will come back; it's very late where she is, and I think she's gone to bed.

---

All of the above statements sum up my reasons for my vote. Again, sorry for my lack of contribution! I'm trying to make up for it by making posts as detailed as I can, but as it's Day 1, my opinions happen to pretty line up with everyone else's, save for a few suspicioins, and I don't want to sound like a parrot.

##Vote: MissNiamh

##VOTE: MissNiamh

Reasons above plus they are marked already for lynch in 15 minutes time so I doubt we are going down any other route. Don't think this has been a great lynch, but it hasn't been a bad one.

Jello I never said I wanted to lynch you, and I did read your posts.

Current Votes:

No Lynch: (3)

ITookYourWaffles
MissNiamh
JellofishXD

MissNiamh: (9)

Sataric
Sid2125
Jeremy
Crystal
Tsundere
Feloreena
Ryan88
Marii
Gandalf

MissNiamh has reach majority and will be lynched shortly.

RYmT5db.png

MissNiamh awoke to the sounds of water lapping the side of the ferry she was in. She went to rise, only to feel ropes bound tightly around her body. A small cry of fear rose up from her throat as she began a frantic wiggle, trying to break free of her bonds. She kicked her feet, but they wouldn't move as they were bound to a large boulder. A low, raspy chuckle snaked its way into her ears. Her head snapped up to see an old, hobbled figure with a pole in his hands. The man was dressed in a haggard cloak that hung loosely on his ancient bones. His unkempt beard hung down from a sagging chin and his eyes were the color of yellow fire as they bore into MissNiamh's soul. MissNiamh's eyes opened wide as she realized where she was. She was in Charon's ferry!

How on each did she get here? She remembered storming off after arguing with the gods and her fellows immortals. They were accusing her of working with Hades and planned to eliminate her for being a traitor. She had fled down the mountain and to the banks of her favorite river when she was upset, the Styx. Her last thought was of making peace with the powerful gods when her world was enveloped in a shroud of blackness.

The wicked ferryman let out another chuckle at her realization. This was war and MissNiamh picked the wrong place. It had been easy to subdue her and pull her into his craft. Knobby knees carried him over to her small bound body. Pulling her up, he leaned in close, reeking breath invading MissNiamh's nostrils, making her hair stand on end. "Immortal but not invincible" were the words that croaked from his cracked lips as he shoved her forward off of the small ferry. Strong for an old man, he heaved the boulder up and sent that after MissNiamh as well. "No, no, no, no!" she screamed as the weight yanked her below the dark water of the Styx. Bubbles of screams billowed to the top of the water, soundlessly breaking at the surface.

The Styx was quiet again, only a slight rippling danced across the surface as Charon guided his boat back into the Underworld.

MissNiamh, an Immortal, ran out of air.

Role PM:

Minties said:
myYoCfN.png
Immortal (Townie)
You reside above the land of regular humans as the few heroes that Zeus has bestowed immortality upon. He has called you to the defense of Mount Olympus, for should it fall, your home is surely next. The gods have powers far beyond your own, so your only weapon in this battle is your voice.

Your win condition is: eliminate all of the invaders trying to steal your home from you.

Players remaining: 13/14

Mafia Remaining: 4/4

Mafia KP = 2 (# of mafia/2, rounded up)

You have 24 hours to send in your actions. Night one ends 3PM AEST time (10:00PM PST).

Last edited:
god damnit. fk. also i thought 3pm AEST is like 10pm PST, not 12? (well its like 10 here rn) but idk im bad at timezones.

Oops.
Well, that didn't go well.

From this, I have gathered a couple of suspicions...one being ryan88, who was mentioned earlier as a possible lynch candidate. He voted for Niamh with no explanation of his reasoning, until asked by Tom.

I still stand by my earlier suspicion of Jellofish.

The other suspects are probably just due to my paranoia, but let's see what tonight/tomorrow will bring us. Hopefully we can have some discussions tonight, even, if enough people are online.

MissNiamh, an Immortal, ran out of air.

Damnit. This doesn't make any sense to me. I went through her (MissNoodle's) posts again and I just don't understand the reasoning behind half of the things she said and did. Jellofish claimed Townie - With the exact role name that MissNoodle just flipped - And mere minutes afterwards she pointed her finger at him and Sid and said they're probably on the same scum team. And this was before I mentioned that Jellofish could have been given that Townie safe-claim if he was the Mafia Godfather. If that was what she also thought, then why didn't she bring that up? It just doesn't add up. "Okay, he knows the name of the townie role and it matches mine exactly, so he must be Mafia.." - What? Jellofish's behaviour is still suspicious because he had no reason to claim so early, but it still doesn't really add up.

But at least we didn't lose a powerful role, and we did still get some information out of this lynch. The people who bandwagoned on this vote without strong suspicions or proper explanations for their actions certainly doesn't look too good right now. Ryan88 comes to mind right away. Although I agree that MissNoodle DID seem odd, and I am still puzzled what she thought she'd accidentally slip up with as a townie, at least most of the other people who voted for her explained their thoughts behind their decision. Meh.

R.I.P Missnoodle
I guess it was selfish and since I'm most likely gonna get lynched next day how could I improve defending myself but If I don't tysm! I get that I made a mistake roleclaiming when I shouldn't have but it was the only way! Guess when I try to defend myself ppl look to far into it I mean what I mean and if you don't believe it it's your loss

R.I.P Missnoodle
I guess it was selfish and since I'm most likely gonna get lynched next day how could I improve defending myself but If I don't tysm! I get that I made a mistake roleclaiming when I shouldn't have but it was the only way! Guess when I try to defend myself ppl look to far into it I mean what I mean and if you don't believe it it's your loss

No, it was not the only way - Nobody had voted for you and after everything MissNoodle said and did, it's quite likely that she'd have been most people's primary target even if you would not have roleclaimed, because she really did come across as rather strange - Like she was hiding something.

Roleclaiming should really only be used as a last resort, and there was still like 20 hours left in the day phase when you forwarded yours. In my eyes, it only made you seem more suspicious. Next time, keep your cards close to your chest and do not reveal anything you do not have to - Just share your observations, thoughts and suspicions. People will then hopefully get town reads on you because they can see quite clearly that you have town's best interest in mind, and their suspicions will fade away in the process.

Anyways - If you're not scum, then who do you think is?

Back