• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mini Mafia XII: Portal - GLaDOS and her Deadly Neurotoxin [MAFIA WIN]

Lauren

I am a unicorn!
Bells
New Horizons Token
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Red Cosmos
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
n4cUI34.png
Portal Mini Mafia - GLaDOS and her Deadly Neurotoxin

Introduction

Cave Johnson here! Welcome to the company I am CEO of, Aperture Science Laboratories, a place for fun, enjoyment and testing! We do our very best to ensure we "..Do what we must, because we can" and we guarantee that we will produce "...The best damn applied sciences company on Earth!". Now, I have a problem right now, it seems my so called staff have locked me in my office. TRAITORS! Ahem, anyway, ... CAROLINE! Where is that women when I need some cake. As I was saying, ah yes, I am in my office, alone, and I need to get out! It seems GLaDOS, the artificial intelligence I have created to help run and keep my guine.. I mean test subjects in line has threatened my employees to comply with her or she will ... *sigh* flood the facility with Deadly Neurotoxin. *WHY IS SHE DOING THIS AGAIN?*. Ah, now the part where you come in! You need to figure out who out of all of the people working in Aperture is working for HER and who is working for me! Me being the good party and HER being the bad party! I am relying on you! .. CAROLINE! Get me some lemon tea, please, I'm thirsty! Cave Johnson OUT!... Oh, and one other thing, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade, GET MAD! CAVE JOHNSON, OUT!

Oath2Order is co-hosting, please direct any questions to him as well as me.

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.

Game Setup Information
This game uses an Closed setup. Roles are hidden and are only revealed upon death, with the full role PM posted. Keep an open mind and make no assumptions. There are some unique roles too.

All Players Must Read
THIS GAME WILL HAVE NO FORM OF OUT OF GAME COMMUNICATION BE IT PM, SKYPE, IRC, VMS ANYTHING THAT IS NOT IN THE THREAD UNLESS SPECIFICALLY TOLD OTHER WISE BY ME AND ONLY ME. IF YOU UNDERSTAND AND WILL COMPLY WITH THIS RULE PLEASE POST WITH YOUR SIGN UP "Are you still there, because the cake is a lie". IF YOU DON'T I WILL NOT SIGN YOU UP! ALL RESERVATIONS MUST POST /CONFIRM RESERVATION IN ORDER TO CONFIRM THEIR ATTENDANCE.

DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO COMMIT. IF YOU POST AFTER DEATH GAME CHANGING FACTS, DISTRACTIONS OR SPAM I WILL BAN YOU FROM MY GAMES ON A PERMANENT BASIS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. I WONT TOLERATE HOW PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BEHAVING.

The game starts on Night 0.

There are Four members of the Mafia. Their killing power is undisclosed.

Mafia KP are considered factional kills and cannot be roleblocked. Mafia will be given safe fakeclaims to use.

In general, any protective role that successfully prevents a hit will be informed, unless their role description says otherwise. The target, however, will not be notified that they were protected.

Actions may be withdrawn or changed up until the end of night resolution period.

General Mafia Rules

Cheating
Cheating includes the following but there are many other forms of cheating not covered:

1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
  2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
  3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
  4. Posting screenshots of your inbox.
  5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host.
  6. Getting yourself mod killed to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
  7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
  8. Offering favors/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
  9. Sharing accounts with other players.
  10. Doctor(s) ARE told if the protection is successful, and that the victim is NOT told that they are protected
  11. Posting a false role PM phrased/screenshotted as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.

!!! ANYONE CAUGHT SHARING SCREENSHOTS FROM OBSERVER, PM, SCUM CHAT, ANYTHING WILL BE BANNED!!!
Cheating is not tolerated here as it ruins the game for everyone. I can and will take action.

Time Cycle and Phases
The game will generally follow a 24 hour day and 24 hour night cycle. If I am not online and available to post when a phase is set to end, the game will be paused until I can post. No vote changes or actions will be accepted during this period. Day and Night will end 11PM GMT. Do not bug me to do it early, I will do no such thing, I am keeping a firm hand on the Day and Night phases. No earlier and no later than 11PM GMT, that's final.

Day -
During Day, the survivors must vote to lynch another player from the game. Day ends after a majority is reached.
Night will follow after the lynch post has been published by me.

Night -
During Night, you can send in night actions. Night always ends after 24 hours, regardless of when all actions are submitted. This to prevent meta speculation over when actions were sent in.

Activity
If you miss voting in two Deadline No Lynches in a row, or miss voting in three Majority Lynches in a row, you may be mod killed depending on the circumstance.

Please also make your best attempt to post on a regular basis, this means at least ONCE per day/night cycle. If I feel you are not contributing to the game enough, I may prod you via a PM asking you to post. If you ignore this and continue to avoid posting, you may be mod killed.

Play to win
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing. There is a fine line. If I feel as if you are not acting responsibly, I will PM you and ask you to keep your behavior in line.

This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM me if you need to leave the game.

Wisdom of The Crowd (WoTC)
I am allowing Wisdom of The Crowd in my game, if you wish to vote for someone, PM me their name with the subject "WoTC". One thing I will not tolerate is ganging up on another member because you don't like them or their play style. I will grant WoTC if I feel it is not this and the member that has been voted for is genuinely a nuisance and plays unfairly, spams and is a distraction to the game. If I hear of any members trying to WoTC someone out for reasons that have been stated then I will remove you from my game.

Editing Posts
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you may be mod killed, depending on what the edit was. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything. NO EXCEPTIONS! Whether you're new to the game, played every game or even a close friend of mine, what happens in mafia stays in mafia so I will give no special treatment and I WILL mod kill you for breaking rules.

Inappropriate Posts
Mafia games can get heated, emotional, and salty. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia should stay in Mafia. Take comments and arguments on the chin and do not bring it out of the game. Do not attack other players for what they have said to you during a game of mafia, this is how friendships break. Mafia is a game of deception and this means you must lie to your friends and in some cases family. Remember, this is a game so have fun!

Replacements
This game uses replacements. Replacements will be made in the game until Day 3. If a player is mod killed during the designated time, then they will be replaced by a player on the replacement list.

Mod Font
This is the mod colour. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font
This is the question colour. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

General Mafia Voting Rules:

1. This game uses Plurality Lynch. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be killed. If there is a tie, the first player to have reached that number will be lynched. If I am not online and available to post when this occurs, the game will be paused until I can post. No vote changes or actions will be accepted during this period.
  2. You must vote for a player and cannot abstain. You may choose not to lynch, but you must make this clear (##VOTE: No Lynch).
  3. Voting is done in another thread. You may announce and discuss your votes in this main thread, but only votes in the Voting thread will be counted. Do not PM me your vote, this will not be counted.
  4. lease vote in the following format: ##Vote: Username. Votes not done in the correct fashion may not be counted. I will update votes as soon as I possibly can!
  5. If you wish to change your vote, first type ##Unvote followed by your new vote ##Vote: Username. You can change your vote at any time and as much as you like (within reason) up until a majority is reached.
  6. No conditional voting.
  7. You may vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.
  8. Voting is required on a regular basis or you may risk mod kill. Please see the Activity section under the General Mafia Rules.

If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I will not compensate for ignorance!

Playerlist (with filters):

Players remaining: 7/20
0. Kayla <3
  1. Princess/Pally DIED NIGHT 1
  2. Ashtot DIED NIGHT 3
  3. Tina DIED NIGHT 1
  4. Alice
  5. Kaiaa DIED NIGHT 2
  6. Natty DIED NIGHT 0
  7. SuperPenguin
  8. Prin DIED NIGHT 3
  9. Capella
  10. AeriousDIED NIGHT 2
  11. C r y s t a l LYNCHED DAY 4
  12. tsundere DIED NIGHT 0
  13. Sid2125
  14. Moron
  15. BerryPop LYNCHED DAY 3
  16. Crazy-Gamer LYNCHED DAY 1
  17. CookingOkasanDIED NIGHT 2
  18. sunshineteaLYNCHED DAY 2
  19. 8floor MODKILLED DAY 3
  20. Mewmewmewm

Mafia remaining: 3/4

Gandalf
Minties
MissNoodles
Jeremy
NikkiNikki

Blu Rose
Kisstoefur
Sataric
FireNinja1
BellBringerGreen
Alise

Cory - Leaving the game to then continue to post, provoke and distract players.

A special thanks
Kayla, I wish you could play my game! So sad you're not here for my first game :(
Thank you for all that play mafia!
Thank you for everyone who has hosted!
Thank you Karla for allowing me to borrow and edit your content from your posts! This helped me a lot!
Thank you Oath2Order Prof Gallows and Superpenguin for helping me during!

Last edited:
Are you still there, because the cake is a LIE!
/in

Please read all of the main post! Once done, join the game and ENJOY YOURSELVES!

OH NO I MISSED Are you still there, because the cake is a lie IM CRY

Are you still there, because the cake is a lie
okay can i in plz :(

Are you still there, because the cake is a lie.

Last edited:
Yay, ban! Whatever, I didn't have time to play this anyway, obs.
Is this based on Portal or Portal 2?

Last edited:
Can I be put on replacements? Unless you still have room.

Last edited:
I might observe, because im already in the newbie mafia and portal sounds like a fun theme
can we be in 2 at a time?
Edit: forgot the cake >_<

Last edited:
Back