• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Place your random thoughts.

It’s my first dog’s birthday, a bittersweet day that I have fond memories of, though I still miss him. Like I said, he was my first dog, as I begged my parents for one, since I’d already mastered owning fish. I remember one year we gave him a cupcake topped with dog treats and he loved it! My other dog has no idea he existed, but I think they would have gotten along at some point…maybe.

On a lighter note, I never thought I'd say this, but I miss when Lady Dimitrescu was the hottest thing on the Internet. I’m not sure when we’ll get another female video game character like her again— but hopefully soon.

Last edited:
Are pet gymnasiums a thing? I see so many fat dogs and cats around my town and it makes me think of such things

I'm always surprised when news stations talk about things like media. I guess they're trying to lighten up after all the depressing stuff. Anyway, this morning I was watching the news and they were talking about some of the biggest box-office movies in Quebec, and I was surprised to see Barbie and The Super Mario Bros. Movie. I don't know what the other 8 movies were, but it's kind of surprising to see some of the biggest (or most popular) films in a primarily French-speaking province be English movies. Maybe they used French dubs/subtitles in theatres?

But then again, it shouldn't be super shocking that two popular franchises that became the biggest thing of that year via films would be popular anywhere, including non-English places. :v

Last edited:
We have a very large evergreen tree in our front yard. Ever since we moved here when I was a kid, I wanted to decorate it for Christmas. Looking at it now, it's not the smartest idea since a) it'd take a lot of decorations to cover it decently, and b) it goes past the wires from the telephone pole, so it'd be pretty dangerous to put lights and stuff. My childhood dream crushed by reality. 😭

I was looking at the 2024 Election predictions. Judging by current 270-to-win predictions, if either party was at their maximum potential, the Republicans would fare better than the Democrats.
  • If all safe states and likely states went their directions while the rest went one direction, then the most electoral votes the GOP can win is 322. The Democrats at most can win 315.
  • The most seats the GOP can hold after the 2024 Senate Elections is 60. The most the Democrats can hold is 52. Even if neither party goes this far, the GOP is very likely going to take back the Senate.
  • The most seats the GOP can win in the House is 269. The most the Democrats can win is 255. Judging by current top issues, the Democrats are more likely going to control the House, but the GOP still has a chance to maintain control.
I will never know the answer until the day comes.

i really want to dye my hair a darker color for the first time but i don’t want to deal with my family asking “WHY” or “but your hair color is already pretty.” i realize that these are all well meaning responses but i just hate explaining myself 😫

I hate Marble Zone in Sonic 1. Especially the boss.

I wanna know if FNAF is gonna be in the Movie Awards for *special affects*, also if it will be an Oppenheimer or Barbie sweep xD

Since it's a joke amongst us Cineplex staff lol

I was just watching a normal video, why did YouTube just give me an ad about hepatitis C?

Now for what's going on in my life lately...I know this is mainly for real-life happenings, but it involves both AC:NL and AC:NH.

So, I tried again. I tried ordering some more Amiibo cards last night/this morning - with some of my Christmas money, this time on Amazon.

I tried ordering on back in Aug.-Sep. of last year (as some of you guys may recall me talking about), and it was just really weird. I think it was only compatible with New Horizons and I couldn't figure out to get it to activate even on there. I didn't even know there were these weird AC:NH-exclusive versions. .__. This was on the NFC, I think the acronym is, store. I had previously tried ordering one on eBay before THAT, but my card got declined, despite the eBay price being cheaper. I literally do not understand why gift cards decline on some websites, but I digress.

This time around, it was on Amazon, like I said, and they were all titled along the lines "Happy Home Designer cards" and categorized under "2DS and 3DS gaming", so I hope this is the card variation I have been looking for. Said cards where introduced in Happy Home Designer, and later got carried over to New Leaf for the Welcome Amiibo update, and even easy to use in New Horizons so I am hoping I am not mis-lead.

. . .
I am keeping my current AC:NL town and AC:NH island for now, in case something goes wrong again, but if all goes well, I may consider restarting both of them: Plus, I want to do some things differently that has caused/could cause problems for both games:

New Leaf:
* Obtain my favorite villager(s) via Amiibo. Now, some of you guys are probably wondering why it matters how I obtain my favorite villagers. Well, though there are some mixed answers, I have heard that villagers that were scanned in via Amiibo will not move out, unless you force them out via Amiibo or if you have a town with just Amiibo villagers, which I am not planning on doing either. A lot of people do not like this, but I disagree. I think this would be a godsend if it is true. While I kinda get why it would be frustrating for certain players, I think quite the opposite. I LOVE the thought of Amiibo villagers never leaving or asking to leave. I do not want to scan my #1 favorite villager in, only for him to consider leaving a few weeks later. Besides, if you want an Amiibo villager to leave, you can always force them out via Amiibo-ing another villager in.

I have Amiibo'd villagers into my AC:NL towns before, and so far, I do not recall them asking to move, but I would love to test this out with my favorite FAVORITE villager: Rooney.

* I am also going to wait until later on to donate to the museum. It is the main reason why tracking down villagers is a major problem in this game. I mean, the villagers can also be in other buildings and villager houses, but at least they will not hide in a ginormous building with 100 rooms as long as zero things have been donated. What I will do is store one of each of everything. That way, I can still get them out of the way and not have to worry about catching rare things later.

New Horizons:
* I am going to try the Night Owl ordinance, since I am a night owl myself and because these flowers become a massive pain to maintain when you have the Beautiful Island.

* I am also gonna try to find an island that has both river mouths at the south or bottom. It just seems like the best placement for how I am picturing my ideal island.

. . .
I am not gonna restart them yet, but if all goes well, I will. I may get someone to hold my belongs in AC:NL (maybe AC:NH too), so I do not have to rebuy everything, I can just buy stuff I don't already have. I have to think smart about this because we pretty much have a deadline since 3DS services are shutting down in April, which is stupid, -.- but I distress.

Idk how people balance raising kids and having a job. Right now I had to cut short my playtime with my nephew because my eyes and neck muscles hurt. Are you supposed to get used to this feeling of zombie-like exhaustion every day?

Back