• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Discussion Thread

ot9Evkp.jpg

Pic of the day. The trophies from the Xenoblade series can be found mostly in the Wii U version. Here's Melia looking the other way.

That sounds just about right.

Last edited:
Hi I played the demo with Villager character, and he has these two attacks where he drops a bowling ball, and another where he swings his umbrella...

my problem is that both attacks are trigger by pushing circle pad + A, but how do you get the bowling ball, instead of the umbrella? It seems like my game just randomly decides which attack to use...

Hi I played the demo with Villager character, and he has these two attacks where he drops a bowling ball, and another where he swings his umbrella...

my problem is that both attacks are trigger by pushing circle pad + A, but how do you get the bowling ball, instead of the umbrella? It seems like my game just randomly decides which attack to use...

To get the bowling ball, move the circle pad faster and harder, to do a smash attack.

If you press forward before A, you'll do a tilt, which is the umbrella. If you press both at the same time, you'll get the bowling ball which is the smash attack.

5674isX.jpg

Pic of the day. Here's what's happening behind the scenes in one of the secret fighter's shooting moves. The object being held is called an NES Zapper. This is an accessory which was released for the NES outside of Japan. Now, this image is edited, but it's a scene from the secret fighter's reveal video.

DUCK HUNT DOGE IS GETTING A REVEAL TRAILER AFTERALL (Most likey other characters too)
Probably gonna be included in that Wii U stream.

Last edited:
5674isX.jpg

Pic of the day. Here's what's happening behind the scenes in one of the secret fighter's shooting moves. The object being held is called an NES Zapper. This is an accessory which was released for the NES outside of Japan. Now, this image is edited, but it's a scene from the secret fighter's reveal video.

DUCK HUNT DOGE IS GETTING A REVEAL TRAILER AFTERALL (Most likey other characters too)

FINALLY

"Duck Hunt Laughs into Battle!"

5674isX.jpg

OH BOY.
Even though we already know that DHD is a thing in Smash 4

OH BOY.
Even though we already know that DHD is a thing in Smash 4
Even so, reveal trailer!
I was afraid that we wouldn't see a reveal trailer for any of the unlockable characters... but we are! The only revealed secret fighters have been old fighters (Dark Pit can count as Palutena's I guess...) so I suppose we're seeing reveal trailers for the new secret unlockables?

I just wish we got the trailer before the leak to see the look on everyone's face. Regardless I absolutely can not wait for this! Tomorrow can't come quick enough!

Even so, reveal trailer!
I was afraid that we wouldn't see a reveal trailer for any of the unlockable characters... but we are! The only revealed secret fighters have been old fighters (Dark Pit can count as Palutena's I guess...) so I suppose we're seeing reveal trailers for the new secret unlockables?

I just wish we got the trailer before the leak to see the look on everyone's face. Regardless I absolutely can not wait for this! Tomorrow can't come quick enough!
That would be amazing if this trailer came out before the leak.

Hell, I would have a laughing fit over it.

I still hope the first thing that happens is Sakurai just walks on camera and says "Tower of Smash is fake. There are no final 5. Ridley is and always will be too big for Smash."

Just so I can watch the tears and butthurt flow.

I still hope the first thing that happens is Sakurai just walks on camera and says "Tower of Smash is fake. There are no final 5. Ridley is and always will be too big for Smash."

Just so I can watch the tears and butthurt flow.

The Ridley bit would be a dream come true.

I hope they show Ridley in his boss battle glory on the Pyrosphere stage.
Or, I hope Ridley gets confirmed.
It's a win/win to just see how the fanboys react.

Also Fountain of Dreams for retro stage pls

Last edited:
i hope its like another big surprise. except its not ridley. something outrageous like duck hunt dog. i would play as sakurai if he was a character tbh.

i hope its like another big surprise. except its not ridley. something outrageous like duck hunt dog. i would play as sakurai if he was a character tbh.

I know what you mean and I honestly feel they might confirm John Cena tomorrow

twitchplayspokemon is playing smash right now and im honestly shocked they can win games at all

2VZxIqu.jpg

Pic of the day. The giant screen in the Boxing Ring stage for Wii U reenacts the multiscreen effect seen in the arcade version of Punch-Out!! Looks like their aliases are displayed on the screen too.
By the way, today, October 23rd at 3 PM PST (October 23rd 11 PM UK time, October 24th 9 AM Sydney Time, we are streaming "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza" (“Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”). You can watch the stream from the links below when it starts.
For Americas: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/10-23-2014/
For Europe: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html
For Oceania: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect

This is pretty neat actually, wew

Back