• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Official TBT Mafia General Thread - Game Types/Bans/Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bot is up now. Unless something happens, I plan on leaving it online for a couple days straight.

What is this "IRC" you people have been talking about?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait,why has no one taken the newbie mafia slot yet?

Bot got lost in The Woods. It's back now.

Some of the changes we're considering are below. Not all of these are completely finalized and will make it through as they're in flux still. We're posting them here to give everyone a chance to give their feedback on them before we push full steam ahead.

• The quality of the official games has dipped in comparison to the original games, so we're tightening up the hosting requirements to ensure better games for everyone to play:
    • Main series games can only be hosted by hosts who have proven themselves to be successful hosts in the past, as determined by staff.
    • Mini series games require co-hosts unless they have proven themselves to be successful hosts in the past, as determined by staff.
    • Nub games do NOT count towards game played requirements.
    • Basically, we want the Main games to be the cream of the crop from the best hosts. New and less experienced hosts should focus their efforts on learning with a Mini. Of course experienced hosts are more than welcome to host Minis as well.
    • It's understandable if you're upset by this from the perspective of wanting to host a game. However, the fact is it's most important that the players get the best games possible to play. We want to raise the overall quality of the games, if some are unable to host due to it, so be it.
  • Mafia board-wide bans implemented:
    • All official games follow the bans.
    • Bans are automatically associated with mod kills. Players can appeal to the staff to potentially remove the ban if they feel the mod kill was not fair.
    • Bans can also be set for out-of-game matters unassociated to mod kills by staff. Example: Playing after death.
    • Switch to time based bans, rather than game based bans. We're planning to use 2 weeks as a baseline.
  • Unofficial games over 15 players in size are now prohibited and will be locked/deleted. Unofficial games 15 players and under are welcome as their purpose isn't served under the official system. Ideal games would include experiments such as Cell Mafia or small games such as Tom's I'm Cop You Idiot game.
  • Harsher moderation towards poor attitude, rudeness, and personal attacks in Mafia. In the form of forum infractions and suspensions, as well as Mafia bans. More on this soon.
  • Renaming of Newbie Mafia to Nub Mafia :)

Please note that none of this is taking effect at this time. This is simply an overview of our current plans and thoughts. Please share your opinions in here or by PM to me if you wish and I will share it with the rest of the staff to consider changes.

also post #1337 holla

[18:21:17] ~Jer: if you waited one more post you would have had post# 1337 hehe

I definitely like the idea of nub games not counting towards game played requirements.

Yes, please give harsher moderation towards attitude and rudeness. I support this.

Just a question regarding mini mafias: Does the co-host have to be an experienced player that's hosted before or can both co-hosts be completely new to hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back