• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia [Game Over/Town Win]

rFAFrcc.jpg

Day 1

It was a beautiful Autumn morning in the sleepy town of Bell Tree. While most residents would still be in their beds, today was different. There was a commotion at the town hall, the usually peaceful air was shattered by the sound of chanting and jeering. The outline of the hangman's noose was clearly visible in the morning sun. It had not been used for decades, the town having moved past such barbaric methods of administering justice. But these were exceptional times.

The crowd cheered when the black van arrived, carrying the unfortunate victim. It was none other than KarlaKGB, the disgraced Mayor of Bell Tree. His hands were bound as he was led to the gallows. The jubilant crowd pelted him with rotten food and stones, much to the chagrin of jailers who were accompanying him. The crowd fell silent as the noose was placed around his neck.

The leader of the mob stepped forwards. "Any last words, Mayor?" The Mayor looked defiant, despite his end approaching. "I always did what I thought was best for Bell Tree. The Mafia were coming, it was inevitable. So I made the deal with them, to ensure that the town could survive. With me out of the way, they will have free reign, don't you see what you're doing? Alas, they have left me to die, so I will tell you this. They are five and they walk amongst you."

Those words seemingly flew over the townspeople's heads, as they erupted into a chorus of chanting again: "DEATH, DEATH, DEATH. TRAITORS DESERVE DEATH." The leader of the mob paused, then gave the executioner the signal. The trapdoor opened, and KarlaKGB's neck snapped with an almighty crack. The crowd cheered the Mayor's demise, even as his body continued to twitch in death. Soon, the bloodlust began to die down, and the townsfolk started milling around wondering what to do next. Although they had worked themselves into a frenzy throughout the whole event, the late Mayor's warning stuck with them. There was more work to do, and the killing wouldn't stop here.

KarlaKGB the Corrupt Mayor is dead.

Welcome to the game! You must now vote to lynch someone at the end of the day. As this is the first Day phase, it will only last for 24 hours. In other words, the deadline for the lynch vote is Midnight GMT on the 10th November. This doesn't mean there's nothing to do - Town should be organising its efforts and deciding on a direction. Mafia...keep a close eye on what Town is up to, and act accordingly.

To rebalance the game due to the numbers, I have changed Vigilantes to only have one shot instead of two.

This game contains no clues, so please don't base any of your deductions on the way I phrase things in the Day/Night posts. The only things of use in those posts are player deaths and their alignments.

Vote in this thread in the format of ##Vote Playername. You can change your vote whenever you want, up until the deadline. Keep in mind that your voting record is also permanent and visible to all other players.

A reminder that you may NOT edit any of your posts for any reason. If you made a minor typo, whatever, people will understand what you mean. If it's a slightly bigger error that could lead to confusion, make a double post and stick "EBWOP" in the front of your post, which stands for Edited By Way Of Post. The board auto-merges double posts anyway.

Finally, to anyone not taking part in the game, but who want to watch, please message me for a link to the Observers' chat. I may or may not be posting my thoughts and comements in there as well. Do not post in this thread.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. Not to build up tension or anything, but any one of us could be next and we should start talking about what to do.

A quick question, what's voting for? Is it to vote people off?

Last edited by a moderator:
You are voting on who you want to lynch at the end of the day. Obviously, you want to be aiming to lynch a Mafia member.

Well, don't we all need weapons? All I have is a katana...

I think so. At the end of today, one of our heads will be chopped off our necks. Doesn't that seem... Worrying to you?

It worries me a little. I mean, after all, it's our neighbors. Our friends. It's a little unnerving to think that it's all come to this, don't you think?

Well, don't we all need weapons? All I have is a katana...

Yes, I think we do. Who wants to be in charge of this?

EDIT: Ugh, darn (The above is my original sentence)

Last edited:
It worries me a little. I mean, after all, it's our neighbors. Our friends. It's a little unnerving to think that it's all come to this, don't you think?

It worries me a lot too. I just hope who ever is killed next is one of those Amish people.

I completely agree. I wonder... who is going to lose their sanity first? So many questions; so little time...

We should arm ourselves, I do agree. Whoever the mobsters are already have weapons, there's no doubt about that. We should protect ourselves.

Back