Island
Vylbrand
Gold Hybrid Rose
Master Ball
Moon Ball
Love Ball
Pokéball
Behind-the-Bookcase-Banner.png

Harry Hippotter was walking through the Enchanted Forest one day, when he happened across a clearing lit with the warm glow of a half dozen Fly Agaric Mushroom Lamps. In the centre was a deep pond. Being a hippo, he couldn't help but dive right in - robes and all! Unfortunately, he also forgot to take off his satchel, containing his precious grimoire. All of his spells were ruined! Can you help Harry put together a new one?

Task ✨

This art contest requires you to create two physical pages for Harry's grimoire.

exampleimage.jpeg

You may print digital elements to tape/glue into your grimoire, provided you drew them yourself, and you are also welcome to use elements such as pressed flowers, feathers, wax stamps, etc.

Rules ✨

• Your entry must be physical, rather than digital, and meet the requirements outlined in the section above.
  • Your entry should be themed to meet either the TBTF 2022 Enchanted Forest theme and/or Animal Crossing.
  • Once your entry has been submitted it cannot be edited.
  • Keep content suitable for a PG-13 audience. If it would breach our Rules & Guidelines then it's not suitable here.
  • If we feel your entry lacks effort then it will not be accepted.
  • Your entry must contain your name somewhere.

How to Submit ✨

Snap a photograph of your entry, along with a name card, and post it in this thread by Sunday the 28th of August at 11:59PM Fair Time.

Please remember that you cannot edit your entries after they have been submitted. If you need to make any edits please contact @Chris via TBT conversation.

Prizes ✨

First place:
  • 110 Tickets
  • Heart of the Forest collectible
  • Gold Trophy collectible

Second place:
  • 80 Tickets
  • Silver Trophy collectible

Third place:
  • 60 Tickets
  • Bronze Trophy collectible

Nomination:
  • 6 Tickets

Participation:
  • 12 Tickets

Last edited:
What exactly needs to be on a "grimoire page"? The example shows mysterious symbols. Are we supposed to invent new mysterious symbols? Do they need to represent or mean something? Could there be pictures of magical creatures or characters or the like? Could we write something like a magic spell or a potion recipe? Are real letters allowed, or is actual writing not what is wanted from this event?

What exactly needs to be on a "grimoire page"? The example shows mysterious symbols. Are we supposed to invent new mysterious symbols? Do they need to represent or mean something? Could there be pictures of magical creatures or characters or the like? Could we write something like a magic spell or a potion recipe? Are real letters allowed, or is actual writing not what is wanted from this event?
The example was only to illustrate that we need to see something physical photographed. The suggestions you have listed in your post would be acceptable. The lack of instruction on what to include on the pages is because I wanted to leave it up to the user to decide the content of their entry as far as possible.

The example was only to illustrate that we need to see something physical photographed. The suggestions you have listed in your post would be acceptable. The lack of instruction on what to include on the pages is because I wanted to leave it up to the user to decide the content of their entry as far as possible.
cool, so that means I can draw an animal and add feathers. But is writing a message necessary? Like actual English or it can be made up language?

View attachment 451208

I was able to recreate two pages of the grimoire! Although something strange seems to have happened to one of them...

doing the lettering on these absolutely killed my poor hand owwww

i have to ask if you crumpled yours before or after writing etc. i want to for the Effect, but i keep staring at it like o-o because i don't want to ruin it asdfghjk. beautiful artwork btw :love:

i have to ask if you crumpled yours before or after writing etc. i want to for the Effect, but i keep staring at it like o-o because i don't want to ruin it asdfghjk. beautiful artwork btw :love:
Thank you!! ;v; I crumpled the paper beforehand, although it did make writing/drawing feel a little trickier, eheh.

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・
T11rM2L.jpg

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・
In a cave hidden away under the forest canopy I came across a local woodland witch. With her help I was able to compile crucial information that can't miss in any well rounded grimoire. Some particularly secret bits of information were written in foreign languages as to protect this vital information from getting into the wrong hands.

The left page list details concerning divination, featuring one of the witches favourite tarot cards. Somehow, the medium in the illustration seems familiar - but I can't remember where I saw her face before. The page furthermore reveals important dates concerning the next blood moon lunar eclipse.

The right page explains summoning basics and gives a short overview over a handful of crystals and their intended purpose. If I'm not mistaken, very similar ones can be found in the forum shop at this very moment. How convenient!

Hopefully Harry will find these pages helpful ~
・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

6Llk7fQ.jpg

note: "die" is an article in German (the) and has nothing to do with death
・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

YFmkwWn.jpg

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

zeULavR.jpg

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

Here's my submission, though I realized as I was checking the rules while uploading the picture that it might not be foresty enough. I didn't remember a forest theme being part of the rules, and I'm not sure if that was added later or if I just missed it. But it is about magic and I thought it was suitable for a page in a magic book, is that enough? I can make a new one if I have to...
IMG-9326.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back