What’s the last game you finished?

i just beat rune factory frontier the other day! it was nice being able to finally go back and beat a game i've had in my backlog for. 8 entire years 😅 it was a really good game overall (and i still have plenty more hours to put into the postgame), but the final boss was surprisingly & laughingly easy. kind of a shame

Honestly, I can't even remember the last game I beat since I mostly play AC or shiny hunt Pokémon. Gosh, probably Pokémon Shield, actually, like right when it came out.

Pokémon Crystal's main game. I did get 7 badges in Kanto, but Blue is kind of terrifying, and Red is extremely terrifying.

recently i beat sm64 in a "no box" run i was doing.

as far as games i finished for the first time, though, a while back i finally managed to get through and finish professor layton and the curious village!

Yoshi island. The final battle is something i always root for when playing this game. The music and Baby Bowser becoming a giant monster scene always give me chills (in a good way).

the remake of the first resident evil. it was alright! i liked the overall atmosphere and ambience, but the constant backtracking due the cramped inventory really sucked

Minecraft. I have never beat the stupid game in 8 years of my playing cause I get too lazy and abandon my worlds halfway through. Finally beat it earlier today with my friend.

Mistreils oarfish game, I'll beat it again today :lemon:

Axiom Verge 2. Loved every second of it!

The last game I actually finished was Kingdom hearts 3. I have so many games I either need to finish or start. I keep using my limited play time on New Horizons.

Just now realizing how few games I actually finish... yeesh. I think probably Pokemon Sword? Which was like 6~ months ago. At least. Maybe a year actually. 😅

I beat two games yesterday. It's either Super Mario Bros (impulsively tried speedrunning, did it in 13 minutes) or getting every golden trophy in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

I just finished danganronpa goodbye despair and danganronpa killing harmony

The last game I have just recently completed, 100% achievements too, was Summer in Mara.
I really enjoy farming games and Summer in Mara was on my wishlist for a while. I managed to grab it during a sale and I’m so glad I finally did it.
It was such a laid back game with plenty of missions to do, recipes to cook and crops to grow. It was just a simple game that has that childhood nostalgia to it.

Last Saturday, I've finished Little Nightmares within 3,7 hours, and I'm considering to play it again anytime soon to hunt for the remaining achievements there.

The most recent, and so far only as well, game that I've finished with 100% achievements is The Henry Stickmin Collection. I'm very proud of myself for actually accomplishing that goal while initially thinking it wouldn't be easy, despite the fact that THSC really is a quite easy game :p

The last game I finished was either Pokemon X or Super Mario Sunshine which I played and completed a couple of months ago around the same time as each other, both of which were replays as I hadn’t played either of them in quite a few years.

The last game that I completed for the first time was probably Pokemon Shield which I finished story wise last March, though I still play the game every now and then to shiny hunt. Since then I’ve mostly played AC games or a few more Mario games such as MK or a replay of Odyssey (which I completed a few years ago) but haven’t completed any of them yet recently.

Monster Hunter Stories 2.

In terms of gameplay, I had near no complaints. Everything was a polished and more refined version of the first game, which is exactly what a sequel should do...BUT, it didn't have collectable lost Poogie's, so 0/10, worst game.

The narrative though, damn...I would have liked the game far more if it had been about 10 hours shorter.
- Too much reiterating information for characters that weren't there.
- Too much expo dump for returning characters which both didn't add anything to this games story or character development neither did it provide enough information for new players to really know the context of what they're talking about.
- Too much "wait, I forgot to tell you...", "It slipped my mind to ask you to...". Half of the quests felt like exactly what they were, padding between the significant bits.
- Generally too much focus on the first game. Did we need to know Navirou can go electric? Probably not, because the like 2 times he did it felt shoehorned in to show you he can. Did the player character from the first game need to be constantly mentioned? Not really, once or twice would have been enough since it played absolutely no impact.

Like, I would have prefered they just got rid of all ties to the first game to prevent some of this tedious, drawn out and redundant writing, maybe save for Navirou so he's that Moogle type thing that appears in every game.

Back