should i stop taking so many screenshots?

bestfriendsally

Senior Member (my name's charlotte)
Bells
Switch
4312-8499-3994
Red Envelope
cause i don't want to keep buying sd cards... i already have 4 already with sooo many screenshots on them.... it's going to take forever going back & forth, putting them onto my discord screenshot page....

but i'm doing a journal, with screenshots.... :unsure: 😓

Do you ever actually look at them?
If not then you should stop taking as many.
And probably delete a lot of the old pictures.

well.... i do look at them... when i'm putting them onto my journal...

but i don't know what my jounal'll be like if i don't put screenshots in it... if that makes any sense....

eventually, i might '''try''' to start putting them onto discord & then... delete some of them.... maybe... even then, it'll probably take me a little more then a few days to transfur them all to discord...

edit at 2:48 pm: i just made a new channel on my discord for todays screenshots.... i think i'll spend the next couple of days putting the screenshots onto my discord that are on my current sd card that i'm using... i'm starting from 11/8/21, last i played, by re-uploading them to facebook, typeing in the dates & times in the description, putting them into my discord & then archiving them on facebook...

Last edited:
cause i don't want to keep buying sd cards... i already have 4 already with sooo many screenshots on them...

Oh my. What you need to do is keep 1 SD card and move screenshots to computer or an external hard drive. How large are each of your SD cards?

Oh my. What you need to do is keep 1 SD card and move screenshots to computer or an external hard drive. How large are each of your SD cards?

well... my current one had 128GB & my other 3 sd cards are: 64 gb, 256 gb & 128 gb ....

& i'm currently working on putting them onto my discord page... :>

Last edited:

i'm definatly not going to be doing as many screenshots when i get my 2nd island, that's for sure....

Last edited:
If you don’t want to take up so much SD space, I would post them on the journal and then delete them. That what you only need one SD. Only keep the ones you really really like. 4 SD is quite a lot. I think most people only have one.

Last edited:
Do you ever actually look at them?
If not then you should stop taking as many.
And probably delete a lot of the old pictures.

old pictures? like screenshots of builds that have been updated... & screenshots of the rooms in my oc, penny's house that have been updated?... if so, i could do that, after i've transfered all of them onto my discord :>
Post automatically merged:

If you don’t want to take up so much SD space, I would post them on the journal and then delete them. That what you only need one SD. Only keep the ones you really really like. 4 SD is quite a lot. I think most people only have one.

i do have a journal... & i've started again, working on putting them onto my discord today :>

it's so hard to choose which ones i really, really like, though... :< it's really my fault for taking so many ... now i have to suffer the consequences of taking forever on putting them onto discord...

but... i am going to do them a day at a time, though :>

Last edited:
Totally get ya, had to keep clearing old ones since I don’t have an sd card. Have you noticed any repeat dialogue in your screenshots sometimes? I noticed sometimes I would screenshot dialogue I forgot I took pictures of before, so maybe you could clear some space that way.

Totally get ya, had to keep clearing old ones since I don’t have an sd card. Have you noticed any repeat dialogue in your screenshots sometimes? I noticed sometimes I would screenshot dialogue I forgot I took pictures of before, so maybe you could clear some space that way.

well.... if the 2 villagers are not of the same 2 that said it first, or if theres a difference in what they saying about the topic, i screenshot it :>

Fair point, hard to resist screenshots with so many options. :(

maybe it's a good thing that i'm putting them onto my discord... then i'll know where everything is, if i ever need them.. if i do decide to delete some off of my switch/sd card...

but knowing me, i'll probably forget i deleted some of them... 🥴

If I were you I would maybe take a good amount of time and then start moving them all to your journal/discord page and then delete the ones you don't need to store anymore. That way you're not spending the money on just sd cards for screenshots. Do you have a computer? if you do you could resize them a little save them all in folders and make room on your SD cards that way.

Also, you could try limiting the amount of screen shots you take like chances are you won't be missing anything. There's been tons of times where I think to screenshot something and then don't and now I don't even remember what it was that I wanted to screen shot. I get it though, when the game first came out I took screenshots of EVERYTHING. I don't do a whole lot anymore though since I've pretty much seen everything once before already. Might screenshot if my villagers are doing something really cute. I make a point though, if i want to keep it i send it to my phone or computer and then delete it off my switch to save memory.

The more you screen shot the more work you're racking up so I'd dedicate some time to actually putting them where they need to be then clear some off!

If I were you I would maybe take a good amount of time and then start moving them all to your journal/discord page and then delete the ones you don't need to store anymore. That way you're not spending the money on just sd cards for screenshots. Do you have a computer? if you do you could resize them a little save them all in folders and make room on your SD cards that way.

Also, you could try limiting the amount of screen shots you take like chances are you won't be missing anything. There's been tons of times where I think to screenshot something and then don't and now I don't even remember what it was that I wanted to screen shot. I get it though, when the game first came out I took screenshots of EVERYTHING. I don't do a whole lot anymore though since I've pretty much seen everything once before already. Might screenshot if my villagers are doing something really cute. I make a point though, if i want to keep it i send it to my phone or computer and then delete it off my switch to save memory.

The more you screen shot the more work you're racking up so I'd dedicate some time to actually putting them where they need to be then clear some off!

i'm on the computer now 🥴

i know *that last sentance* 😓

i'm taking my time putting them onto my discord page, right now, so that i can re-put them onto my journal...

i really want to put them all onto my discord, so i think i'll actually take some more time off from playing it to put them on there... i'm on 3 days ago *11/8/21*, so i'm going backwards, from there :>

''Do you have a computer? if you do you could resize them a little save them all in folders and make room on your SD cards that way.'''

that's a idea... i could do that too :>

Last edited:
i've just this moment gotten done posting 11/8/21 of my screenshots onto my discord, now i'm going backwards... alll the way back to 15/2/21 *excluding the days i didn't play...* well.... not a far as 15/2/21 cause i've already done most of those early screenshots*

*i also remember that i didn't play on the 10th of august, so that's one day less to sort out :> *

Last edited:
Do you have a twitter perhaps? I upload my photos through a separate twitter and if I want to save them, I'll go to the Twitter account and save them onto my computer.

Discord also works as well. I've done that with another game.

Do you have a twitter perhaps? I upload my photos through a separate twitter and if I want to save them, I'll go to the Twitter account and save them onto my computer.

Discord also works as well. I've done that with another game.

yeah, i have a twitter account

but yeah, discord works best for me :>
Post automatically merged:

i'm putting the 10th of august onto my discord now :>

Last edited:
Do you have a computer? if you do you could resize them a little save them all in folders and make room on your SD cards that way.

i wonder if i should delete them out of the folders after i'm through with all this? hmmmm... :unsure: they'll be in my discord, after all... :unsure:

Identify a clear purpose and end point for taking the screenshots, then start deleting what you don't need. Sometimes we get so caught up in the journey we don't think about where we're going. You're obviously free to take as many screenshots as you want, but a clearly defined purpose and plan will help guide you.

Back