• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Place your random thoughts.

Is it good or bad to use TV tropes on my own characters.
(I think I said this before, but I can't remember and don't care).

Last edited:
Is it good or bad to use TV tropes on my own characters.
(I think I said this before, but I can't and don't care).
It’s good. I don’t have a problem using these tropes on my characters.

I do wish I could write a good plot with the use of “meaningless villain victory”.

Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels actually has some of the worst stage design I’ve ever seen in an actual Mario game. There’s levels where you have to parkour on airborne enemies, moving airborne enemies, hit invisible blocks to get enough height (invisible blocks with have no indication that they even exist and are necessary), that one stage with springs and wind. Oh, and also the fact that you have to replay the game 8 times without warps to get World 9. And you can’t forget about those Warp Zones that take you backwards. I have no idea what they were thinking making this, these are almost all just bad Super Mario Maker levels.

Reactions: Bui
It’s good. I don’t have a problem using these tropes on my characters.

I do wish I could write a good plot with the use of “meaningless villain victory”.

So far I've written down some tropes (mostly love right now, since it's a romance). My main guy character fits quite well with the ones I put on him.
Might try some more tomorrow.

I will never understand people genuinely who make fun of or judge people based on the kind of phone they use. It’s a phone. They all do the same thing. You call people and play games or scroll through posts and videos. Why do you care if someone else’s phone has green or blue text messages? Most of the time I think it’s supposed to be a joke, but there’s some stupid people who think it actually matters when it really doesn’t.

I miss the blog tree. It wasn’t just a place to talk about your town. It was a place where I can blog about anything. If blogging does come back in some form on TBT, I would go back to blogging there. But I won’t go overboard on getting so many entries.

Man, I just thought of a really good idea for a profile picture, but it’s too soon to change it because I just did. And I don’t want to use it next month because I was thinking about using something rainbow themed for June. So I guess I’ll have to shelf my idea until July.
About that…

Pulled some really cool cards today.

20240505-152247.jpg

I put rollers in my hair last night and my hair turned out nice!! I haven't done rollers in a while so it was a bit of a gamble (I also have never done them on hair this short) but I'm really happy. 🥰

wooo, there's going to be another Colress supporter card released in the 7th S/V Pokemon card set! I'm excited since he's my favorite trainer, but why do they keep doubling down on his team plasma design? He now has... 6 supporter cards (counting full/alternate arts) but none of them have his sun & moon design with the robot lab coat. Weird.

wooo, there's going to be another Colress supporter card released in the 7th S/V Pokemon card set!
That's great! I'm glad you like it!! You know what I'm more excited for? It's pretty much a no-brainer by now... Kieran's Pokémon card!!!

Have anyone seen The Brave Little Toaster? There’s a lot of symbolism and reflections that many would pick up about the journey of these five appliances.

Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels actually has some of the worst stage design I’ve ever seen in an actual Mario game. There’s levels where you have to parkour on airborne enemies, moving airborne enemies, hit invisible blocks to get enough height (invisible blocks with have no indication that they even exist and are necessary), that one stage with springs and wind. Oh, and also the fact that you have to replay the game 8 times without warps to get World 9. And you can’t forget about those Warp Zones that take you backwards. I have no idea what they were thinking making this, these are almost all just bad Super Mario Maker levels.

I've always enjoyed the SNES version of that game which is present on Super Mario All-Stars, and have also beat it plenty of times (not sure how that version compares to the original one though).

I've always enjoyed the SNES version of that game which is present on Super Mario All-Stars, and have also beat it plenty of times (not sure how that version compares to the original one though).
Remakes in general, especially of older games, add quality of life changes to make it slightly easier, which is definitely the case with a game like this. So I’m sure it’s easier than the original in at least one way.

Back