• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Lack of Furniture Variety - What Do You Feel is Missing?

I really hope we get a set like Filly set. I miss having a convenient store lol. Hopefully this time everyone can get access to it. Also the vehicles. I miss the cars and motorbikes. The items we would get from fortune cookies. I loved get the ds and Legend of Zelda items. They could possibly go for Nook Miles instead now of play coins.

I don't even know what's this "standard" that people are talking about. Each of us has their own needs and wants. In fact, I don't recall people counting the number of released furnitures during New Leaf before. What do we consider as acceptable number of furniture during the game's release? :unsure: (I presume whatever New Leaf has.)
Well, I feel the standard for any new installment of a game series is to be an improvement on the previous games. Yes, everyone has wants and needs, but it's about looking at it a little more objectively. There's nothing wrong with wanting a brand new game that was in development for years to succeed its predecessor. Even if the improvement isn't fine tuned, it's still an improvement (like the crafting feature, for example; everyone agrees it is an improvement despite the fact that it could use a little fine tuning). Removal of features (unless they were outright broken or a bad addition in the first place) is a downgrade for any game, and with that decreasing the item variety in a game is also a downgrade. To not at least give us back what we had before, but rather to take things away with the release of a new game, is substandard imo! But, again, this is just my opinion! 🙂 It's fine to disagree!

When I buy a new game, I expect all/most of the old furniture to be there with additional new ones.

But besides that, tables. I need more tables.

I loved the polka dot set from nl and the striped one too! I guess the cute furniture can work as a somewhat of a substitute for the polka dot but i still want it back.

I did notice the same thing. I'm glad the mermaid series is back because I was a fan of it in new horizons but every time I see something from pocket camp I get so jealous because everything is so much cuter! Hopefully Nintendo keeps updating and adding new things to decorate my island and home how I would like c:

Well, I feel the standard for any new installment of a game series is to be an improvement on the previous games. Yes, everyone has wants and needs, but it's about looking at it a little more objectively. There's nothing wrong with wanting a brand new game that was in development for years to succeed its predecessor. Even if the improvement isn't fine tuned, it's still an improvement (like the crafting feature, for example; everyone agrees it is an improvement despite the fact that it could use a little fine tuning). Removal of features (unless they were outright broken or a bad addition in the first place) is a downgrade for any game, and with that decreasing the item variety in a game is also a downgrade. To not at least give us back what we had before, but rather to take things away with the release of a new game, is substandard imo! But, again, this is just my opinion! 🙂 It's fine to disagree!

I agree that there's nothing wrong with players expecting more. I now understand that some of you are using the previous game as a "baseline" of some sort. Hence, I asked the question.

I am not one of those players who felt that disappointment during release. Because I am happy with the enhanced graphics and visuals. (In fact, my play time in New Horizons tripled as compared to New Leaf.) Other features they removed during release but brought back such as dream suite is something that I don't miss much. But I am glad those players who are looking for them are happy now!

Don't worry! I am not here to challenge anyone's opinion really. I am just trying to understand your side. :)

On the other hand, I am waiting for them to put back both gorgeous and princess furniture sets. I am a big fan of them.

I agree that there's nothing wrong with players expecting more. I now understand that some of you are using the previous game as a "baseline" of some sort. Hence, I asked the question.

I am not one of those players who felt that disappointment during release. Because I am happy with the enhanced graphics and visuals. (In fact, my play time in New Horizons tripled as compared to New Leaf.) Other features they removed during release but brought back such as dream suite is something that I don't miss much. But I am glad those players who are looking for them are happy now!

Don't worry! I am not here to challenge anyone's opinion really. I am just trying to understand your side. :)

On the other hand, I am waiting for them to put back both gorgeous and princess furniture sets. I am a big fan of them.
Oh, no don't worry! I know you weren't trying to challenge others' opinions. I wasn't trying to be defensive, so I'm sorry if I came off that way! Just trying to explain why I feel the way I do and that I'm not trying to just arbitrarily complain about the game. 🙂 New Horizons has a lot of things they've done very well, yet some things they could have expanded or developed a little better.

Back